The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 06-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
This is common for reporters to call BP/KP etc and ask for info on clothing/jewelry detail...no one questions what we are told about Kate's clothing or the Queen's clothing etc...or their jewelry so now why all the sudden is it fake news because they are talking about Meghan's jewelry/clothing?


LaRae
More specifically, it's not Meghan's jewelry/clothing in general as I don't think anyone has ever claimed it's rumors and generality when we get announcements from the Palace on those, but the fact that the Queen gifted them to her.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 06-14-2018, 03:43 PM
Missy-'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Beautiful PNW, United States
Posts: 526
This discussion is going nowhere. I remain unconvinced and will remain so unless I see a direct quote from BP/KP or someone official.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 06-14-2018, 03:57 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,728
It is what it is. And the gifted earrings suit Meghan quite beautifully to boot!
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 06-14-2018, 03:59 PM
loonytick's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 756
Outside of weddings, the BRF generally don't issue formal statements regarding clothing or jewelry. But they are often happy to answer direct questions from reporters (by phone or by way of a palace representative who is on the ground and physically present with reporters at an appearance) and disseminate the information that way. If you need to hear it directly from BP you'll need to get yourself some press credentials.

Like it or not, the media do serve a purpose and are sometimes the chosen means by which officials and royals make certain information public.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 06-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 304
Just for reference, the reports have originated from Emily Andrews and Emily Nash - both with established communications with BP and KP when it comes to royal events & attire.

____________

link


@byEmilyAndrews
7h7 hours ago
Buckingham Palace say Meghan #DuchessofSussex’s new pearl earrings are a gift from the Queen. (And not Birks as they’re claiming!).


@byEmilyAndrews
7h7 hours ago
Yes they are a present from HM. We’re hoping BP will give us a bit more info but IMHO the pearls look old, not new, and so likely come from the Queen’s personal collection rather than a shop.

@emynash
7h7 hours ago
FYI: I’m told Meghan’s earrings are a gift from the Queen
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 06-14-2018, 04:03 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,728
Moving on, here's a nice look at Meghan's growing jewelry collection:

http://meghansmirror.com/product-category/jewelry/
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 06-14-2018, 04:18 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 11,081
Royal Diamonds and Pearls in Cheshire | The Court Jeweller

Love the beautiful pearl earrings.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 06-14-2018, 04:28 PM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
I was replying to Pranter who told me to go look at Twitter and said 'Generally they CALL BP' (all caps are hers not mine). Rumors and generalities indeed.

And please, you don't think reporters' misinformation gets spread around, especially if it's something they think their readership wants to believe?

Why when it's something you want to believe do the reporter's have credence, but when it's not they're all lying hacks?




Well this statement is so darn true, we all here complain how the media be they royal reporters or not tell lies all the time, they do this to get people riled up and to stir up trouble and we bitch about that yet when they report something we like about Meghan or whomever we jump the bandwagon and agree with them.

So are the earrings from HM or not, does it really matter at all, she is wearing earrings that are copies of HM as some of us here actually have, be they real or fake.......there is drama here where there should not be drama
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 06-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
[/B]


Well this statement is so darn true, we all here complain how the media be they royal reporters or not tell lies all the time, they do this to get people riled up and to stir up trouble and we bitch about that yet when they report something we like about Meghan or whomever we jump the bandwagon and agree with them.

So are the earrings from HM or not, does it really matter at all, she is wearing earrings that are copies of HM as some of us here actually have, be they real or fake.......there is drama here where there should not be drama ......
Obviously, when something comes out, one would evaluate what is being presented. If it's anonymous sources, then well, you know, take it for what it's worth. However, when they flat out say BP says this. Do I think it's reliable? Absolutely. It has nothing to do with if I like the story or not. It has to do with the fact that royal correspondent don't just say BP said something when they didn't.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 06-14-2018, 04:51 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,728
We will never all be in agreement regarding fashion and jewelry likes and dislikes, but I don't see a relatively straightforward statement said to come from BP being mistaken or misinterpreted. It's only as Emily Andrews said, that hopefully more details might be provided as to whether the earrings are from the Queen's vault, or a new gift for Meghan from the Queen, based on an old design.

Perhaps Emily and Omid Mio Scobie will have updated information to provide re the earrings for their weekly OnHeir podcast.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 06-14-2018, 05:15 PM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Obviously, when something comes out, one would evaluate what is being presented. If it's anonymous sources, then well, you know, take it for what it's worth. However, when they flat out say BP says this. Do I think it's reliable? Absolutely. It has nothing to do with if I like the story or not. It has to do with the fact that royal correspondent don't just say BP said something when they didn't.
Did BP or KP *actually* come out saying such that HM gifted them? If so then my apologizes for sure, yet I have not read either said that, so I always question 2nd hand info, I want it from the horse's mouth so to speak, or in this case BP/KP only, not some royal reporter. I personally have had my share of reporters many decades ago, not one would I ever believe again and that is just MHO. Whether the earrings are a gift or not is not our business is it? If they are then I am sure that Meghan will love them forever as they came from someone she seems to highly respect and admire, if not, she will continue to wear them with great joy for they are beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
[B]We will never all be in agreement regarding fashion and jewelry likes and dislikes, but I don't see a relatively straightforward statement said to come from BP being mistaken or misinterpreted. It's only as Emily Andrews said, that hopefully more details might be provided as to whether the earrrings are from the Queen's vault, or a new gift for Meghan from the Queen, based on an old design.

Perhaps Emily and Omid Mio Scobie will have updated information to provide re the earrings for their weekly OnHeir podcast.
Her earrings are gorgeous and yet they are copies of HM as to be expected for I do not think HM is giving away her earrings to Meghan or anyone else even if she has a dozen pair......and anyone here can go and buy real or fake copies of their own as they are out there for sale.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 06-14-2018, 05:32 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,511
A number of posts have been edited and deleted. Let's cool it with the personal attacks.

Also, let's move on from the discussion about whether or not we can trust royal reporters.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 06-14-2018, 06:36 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Did BP or KP *actually* come out saying such that HM gifted them? If so then my apologizes for sure, yet I have not read either said that, so I always question 2nd hand info, I want it from the horse's mouth so to speak, or in this case BP/KP only, not some royal reporter. I personally have had my share of reporters many decades ago, not one would I ever believe again and that is just MHO. Whether the earrings are a gift or not is not our business is it? If they are then I am sure that Meghan will love them forever as they came from someone she seems to highly respect and admire, if not, she will continue to wear them with great joy for they are beautiful.



Her earrings are gorgeous and yet they are copies of HM as to be expected for I do not think HM is giving away her earrings to Meghan or anyone else even if she has a dozen pair......and anyone here can go and buy real or fake copies of their own as they are out there for sale.
As to the bolded comment, possibly, but that detail is not yet confirmed one way or the other.

In regard to jewelry, no one can purchase a gift given by the Queen, so whether someone decides to purchase real or fake diamond and pearl earrings similar to this design, no copies will hold the same provenance.

IOW, if in fact the reported gift from the Queen is new jewelry inspired by earrings from the Queen's vault, the earrings being bestowed upon Meghan by the Queen can never be duplicated.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 06-14-2018, 07:14 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 4,518
The earrings are so perfectly beautiful !
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 06-14-2018, 08:04 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Duchess of Sussex are wearing pearl earrings that were a gift from The Queen-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...37059671666688
I was not surprised that BP said the earrings were gifted to her by the Queen. The women of the BRF have a little love affair with earrings exactly like that. HMQM wore a pair, HM obviously has a pair, Princess Anne has a pair.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-emj7sTE8I...onEarrings.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-psPzOCRiL...rgeButtons.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...g?imwidth=1240

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t6EnTkyST...815-anne03.png

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0XEyxzdYgV...00/_Sophie.jpg

I do wonder about Catherine's earrings as they seem to have a gap between the diamond and the pearl.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 06-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,395
If these are truly a gift from QEII, then Meghan now has a pair similar to the ones worn by other women in the family. I'm sure they'll be used for years to come.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 06-14-2018, 08:31 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,034
If these are a gift from the Queen, I am most impressed because they are in Meghan's style of small earrings rather than the kind of larger jewelry for the ears the family has. It means they were made to suit the Duchess' taste, and that makes them special! It's a lovely and very personal gesture.
__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 06-14-2018, 08:55 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I was not surprised that BP said the earrings were gifted to her by the Queen. The women of the BRF have a little love affair with earrings exactly like that. HMQM wore a pair, HM obviously has a pair, Princess Anne has a pair.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-emj7sTE8I...onEarrings.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-psPzOCRiL...rgeButtons.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...g?imwidth=1240

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t6EnTkyST...815-anne03.png

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0XEyxzdYgV...00/_Sophie.jpg

I do wonder about Catherine's earrings as they seem to have a gap between the diamond and the pearl.

I for one would take any of them...just lovely earrings.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 06-14-2018, 09:24 PM
hel hel is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 661
Looking at Birk's twitter account, they appear to have removed the post claiming that the earrings are theirs.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 06-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,781
Lovely earrings. Classic enough, but still clean for Meghan's aesthetic.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex ghost_night554 British Royals 574 09-07-2019 12:14 AM
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 466 12-14-2017 01:26 PM
Beatrice Borromeo's Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2017 - November 2017 iceflower Archives 102 11-16-2017 07:33 AM




Popular Tags
abdication american history anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones belgian royal family bridal gown canada castles chittagong clarence house coronavirus cover-up danish history dna dutch dutch history dutch royal family edo family tree fantasy movie foundation future genealogy henry v hill house of bourbon house of saxe-coburg and gotha imperial household introduction italian royal family japan jumma kent king salman languages list of rulers lithuanian castles mail maxima memoir monaco history nobel 2019 northern ireland palaces prince charles prince daniel prince dimitri princess margaret queen maud royal events royal family royal spouse royalty royal wedding royal wedding gown saudi arabia serbian royal family settings spain spanish history startling new evidence stuart swedish royal family swedish royalty thai royal family tips tracts united kingdom visit from sweden von hofmannsthal


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×