Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a pic on Twitter of the necklace that matches the bracelet.

LaRae

Love seeing these. Well done Meghan!!

Duchess of Sussex Jewels: November 2017 -

I wonder if Diana’s sons split up her collection now they know what taste in jewelry their wives have or if it’s still one whole where both duchesses can borrow from (and later maybe their daughters).

The earrings look very nice on Meghan.

I imagine Diana's jewelry has been split now. They already paid death duties on those years ago, so it wouldn't make sense to put it into a single trust given that there are two families. And BRF women don't tend to share jewelry. I do think perhaps Harry got the bigger share of that since William's family will have more access to the royal vault.

I think too since Meghan likes/prefers yellow gold it makes sense to give that for her to wear.

LaRae

I imagine Diana's jewelry has been split now. They already paid death duties on those years ago, so it wouldn't make sense to put it into a single trust given that there are two families. And BRF women don't tend to share jewelry. I do think perhaps Harry got the bigger share of that since William's family will have more access to the royal vault.

It’s interesting that apart from the Duchess of Cambridge wearing the famous engagement ring, none of the late Princess’ major pieces have been seen yet.

It’s interesting that apart from the Duchess of Cambridge wearing the famous engagement ring, none of the late Princess’ major pieces have been seen yet.

I think there has been at least one pair of pearl earrings that's been worn, and also speculation on a pair of sapphire earrings (but that's been debated since it looks like it could be different).

I think too since Meghan likes/prefers yellow gold it makes sense to give that for her to wear.

LaRae

Lucky Meghan. Given the time and style of when Harry's late mother accumulated her jewels, there are a lot of yellow gold to choose from.

I think there has been at least one pair of pearl earrings that's been worn, and also speculation on a pair of sapphire earrings (but that's been debated since it looks like it could be different).

Lucky Meghan. Given the time and style of when Harry's late mother accumulated her jewels, there are a lot of yellow gold to choose from.

Yes, but as I said, no major pieces have been seen !

Oh, how I would love to see some of the statement pieces again....

I hope the Duchess of Cambridge has 'bagged' the Pearl and Sapphire Choker - she has the neck for it, and it is far more 'her style' than that of her Sister-in-Law, who can have all rest [if it were up to me]...

I’m thinking that they may split it evenly or just use the ones they like and share some. Kate has worn her pearl bracelet and choker, pearl earrings and sapphire earrings so far. I might be missing some. So we’ll see. It’ll be interesting to see how Diana’s jewels get passed down. Will they be added to the Royal Vault or get passed onto grandkids? Inheritance taxes are expensive!

I’m not really into her chokers although I will say they looked great on her and on Kate.

Kate has worn some of Diana's jewelry...a diamond and pearl bracelet which is a nice piece and I forget what all else.

LaRae

I’m thinking that they may split it evenly or just use the ones they like and share some. Kate has worn her pearl bracelet and choker, pearl earrings and sapphire earrings so far. I might be missing some. So we’ll see. It’ll be interesting to see how Diana’s jewels get passed down. Will they be added to the Royal Vault or get passed onto grandkids? Inheritance taxes are expensive!

I’m not really into her chokers although I will say they looked great on her and on Kate.

We have not seen the Duchess of Cambridge wear any of Diana’s necklaces to date.

So far, in public, Kate has worn Diana's bracelet (pearl with diamond clasp I think), a couple pairs of earrings and of course the engagement ring.

LaRae

That’s right the Pearl choker belongs to the Queen. Diana borrowed it as well.

Right...can't count that one. I am wondering if most of the pieces are not to Kate's taste..and the triple strand pearl choker with the blue sapphire ..it's not really something worn by the younger crowd. Perhaps when she's older.

LaRae

Right...can't count that one. I am wondering if most of the pieces are not to Kate's taste..and the triple strand pearl choker with the blue sapphire ..it's not really something worn by the younger crowd. Perhaps when she's older.

LaRae

I agree. Some of Diana’s pieces are in style anymore or are very 80s. I’m not certain it’s Meghan’s taste either, but she may surprise me and wear it. It’s certainly not something I would wear or see many people my age wearing and I’m in my mid-twenties.

I agree. Some of Diana’s pieces are in style anymore or are very 80s. I’m not certain it’s Meghan’s taste either, but she may surprise me and wear it. It’s certainly not something I would wear or see many people my age wearing and I’m in my mid-twenties.

It's a very interesting observation. I actually thought about the dated designs yesterday. The reason I thought of it is because of the bangle bracelet. It's a pretty dated, but it worked well on Meghan. Especially the yellow gold. It's been out of the trends for awhile, but it works well with her skin tone.

Last edited:
It’s still a simplistic, smaller design so I think she could still get away with it. The choker is SO big though. I don’t doubt she could pull it off if she wants to or Kate for that matter.

It's been out of the trends for awhile

I would have thought Women with the 'profile' of the Duchess of Sussex could set trends [in Jewels, and MUCH else], rather than merely ape them ?

I would have thought Women with the 'profile' of the Duchess of Sussex could set trends [in Jewels, and MUCH else], rather than merely ape them ?

Interesting you mention this. I posted an article awhile back that there was a spike in yellow gold sales in months after the engagement was announced.

Although, my personal belief is that jewelry, more so than clothes and other accessories, should be classic and tailored to individual rather than trends. It can be quite an investment for most.

It’s still a simplistic, smaller design so I think she could still get away with it. The choker is SO big though. I don’t doubt she could pull it off if she wants to or Kate for that matter.

Oh, I was speaking in general for Diana's jewels. Not that choker.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
It think that when jewellery is passed down the generations, the style and design transcends what's fashionable and one has to see them in a different light. The butterfly earrings are beautiful and didn't look old-fashioned to me when I saw them complete with the rest of the ensemble. The bangle is a simple enough design to be quite contemporary. It's lovely to see things being worn again years after their first outing!

It think that when jewellery is passed down the generations, the style and design transcends what's fashionable and one has to see them in a different light. The butterfly earrings are beautiful and didn't look old-fashioned to me when I saw them complete with the rest of the ensemble. The bangle is a simple enough design to be quite contemporary. It's lovely to see things being worn again years after their first outing!

I loved that gold bangle she wore. I have 2 very similar bracelets. One silver with gold twined in the middle and a gold with sapphire studs at the end. These things transcend time, as the gold one was passed to me from my grandmother to my mom and then to me.

Some items of jewelry are also classic and timeless. When I saw the butterfly earrings and bracelet, I thought "how appropriate" to wear them on the day the announcement of expecting their first child came. Butterflies symbolize metamorphosis and change as we go through life and things are definitely changing for Harry and Meghan. They're going to be a family. ?

Some items of jewelry are also classic and timeless. When I saw the butterfly earrings and bracelet, I thought "how appropriate" to wear them on the day the announcement of expecting their first child came. Butterflies symbolize metamorphosis and change as we go through life and things are definitely changing for Harry and Meghan. They're going to be a family. ?
I agree every time I see a butterfly I think of my mother who has passed on

Yes you have to be tall and have a lot of confidence to pull that off

Diana's Pearl choker with something she brought with her to the marriage the large Sapphire choker she had made from the sapphire that was given to her by the RF

Last edited by a moderator:
The Omani suite of diamonds and sapphires is a beautiful delicate set and will suit Meghan very well. I absolutely agree with you Idmemail. Have always thought so. Can't wait to see her in it.

I'd rather see Meghan in Princess Diana's emerald choker, and leave the sapphire set to Kate. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom