Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes...a ton. I'm not sure if she has worn any post-wedding, but she wore a few during the engagement period. I will double check.

Are you by any chance confusing it with Birks? I think they are Canadian. That's a brand that she became familiar with while living in Toronto. She wore two of their pieces on this trip (Ambassador's reception and meeting the President of Ireland).

She has worn jewelry by Australian designers?

The designer's name is Natalie Marie. Apparently the DoS has been wearing them for a few years before meeting Prince Harry, and wore a few of their pieces during the engagement period. And let's not forget her love of Birk's from Canada.

The designer's name is Natalie Marie. Apparently the DoS has been wearing them for a few years before meeting Prince Harry, and wore a few of their pieces during the engagement period. And let's not forget her love of Birk's from Canada.

Wrote this before I was your reply. Natalie Marie is definitely an Aussie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Natalie Marie is a British citizen who lives in Sydney. So two birds: one stone: Commonwealth and British.

Hmm, missed chance for another outing for my favourite pearl and diamond earrings today but it is possible her ears are feeling a little beaten up over the last four days.

I have been delighted to see her wedding earrings worn once before the wedding and twice since. Perhaps they have a special significance or emotional attachment. Either way, they are very beautiful and she wears them well.

My third favourite would have to be the latest pair of Birks citrine and diamond drop earrings. I love the colour of citrines and these particular earrings are really elegant and the colour looks dynamic against her skin. I am green with envy.

New earrings for Meghan today

Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
First reports are that they are Quartz from Birks, one of their previous collections.

LaRae

Are we sure they are new? I saw someone say she had them already.

These look like something she has worn before to me.

Right now they say they are new to us, perhaps indicating she's had them awhile.. I don't remember seeing them before but I could just have forgotten.

LaRae

Interesting to note that Birks also have a range of pearl and diamond earrings the same as the ones we recently saw her wear.

Jewelry designer Shaun Leane is quoted in this article discussing Meghan's "daring, sexy style choices..."
https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-jeweler-breaking-tradition-jewelry-style/

Leane designed the earrings Meghan wore with the navy cape dress in April for the Queen's gala birthday celebration. And Leane reveals that the earrings were a gift to Meghan from her friend Markus Anderson. It couldn't have been a birthday gift though if Markus purchased them for Meghan in April 2018. Most likely they were a pre-wedding gift for Meghan.

Meghan's jewelry is very delicate, yet detailed and minimalist. Leane says the earrings, tusk bangle, and bracelet Meghan wore in April that he designed, were tribal in inspiration and influenced by his work with the late Alexander McQueen. Meghan wore the tusk bangle again on her birthday earlier this month.

Last edited:
:previous:
Glitter and Gold for Meghan at Hamilton | The Court Jeweller

Thanks, yes the earrings have been identified via clearer pictures. The Court Jeweller reporter:
"One of the most recent prominent outings for the earrings came at the Queen's Birthday Party at the Royal Albert Hall in April. These fit seamlessly with Meghan's minimalist aesthetic, and I love her love for gold jewelry, but I think a sparkling earring would also have looked great with this dark outfit."

I too would have thought Meghan might wear sparkling diamond earrings with the black outfit, but she went with the gold talons to match her clutch.

I mean with all the Duchess' many sparkling options, she can't go wrong! ;)

I am going to be totally selfish here and say that i hope, really Hope to see Meghan and Kate start a new trend by wearing brooches. A lovely gold a pearl delicate brooch on the lapel or gold and diamond brooch would have set off this suit ensemble beautifully.
I look forward to the day when Her Majesty starts sharing her 200 or so beautiful brooches.
Bring on the Bling I say! And I can say it here because this is a dedicated jewel thread.
Many thanks Mia for the wonderfully informative link.

Just not a fan of that design.

LaRae

The singlet ring Meghan is wearing has been with her long before Harry

I love Meghan's pave-set Teardrop necklace. It is refined and elegant and reminiscent of Elizabeth Taylor's own inimitable diamond drop necklace that she wore in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof.

Love seeing them out..and yellow gold too!

LaRae

There is a matching necklace with the earrings. I’m assuming those are in Meghan’s possession now too since she has the earrings.

Back
Top Bottom