Duchess of Cornwall Jewels 8: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that choker is the bee's knees, the cherry on top, you name it. The pearls are a gorgeous size and colour and the diamond and sapphire clasp is to die for. Of all her chokers, this one I really adore. (but only because coveting is a sin :D)

I agree Marge. I saw a similar choker, which was made by Faberge, at a museum. Even in person it didn't compare to the pictures I have seen of this gorgeous piece.

. Of all her chokers, this one I really adore. (but only because coveting is a sin :D)

:lol: I greatly ADORE a lot of her jewelry. I really love the choker with the clasp that looks like a pink diamond (it may be a pink diamond).

I do love her style with the jewels. She can wear the "big momma" jewels and they always look fabulous on her. Her collection, personal and state received gifts, is to die for.

Choker is one of my favorite pieces of hers. And that is saying something :flowers:

When it comes to jewel watching, in the BRF, Camilla is definitely the most exciting to watch. She can wear big gun jewelry like no one else. And her collection, in all shapes and sizes, is impressive to say the least.

Choker is one of my favorite pieces of hers. And that is saying something :flowers:

When it comes to jewel watching, in the BRF, Camilla is definitely the most exciting to watch. She can wear big gun jewelry like no one else. And her collection, in all shapes and sizes, is impressive to say the least.

New here...and have been lurking mainly for Camilla's jewelry.

I thought it was just weird me, but I am glad to see my perceptions confirmed - that this lady wears jewelry like nothing else!

There's something amazing about her because she manages to wrap dozens of imperfections into one impressive, perfect overall look.
Artistocratic job well done! :)

She is absolutely impeccable in her "anti-Hollywood" persona.
It is easy (and possibly boring) to look great when you are "by the book" - pretty face, slim figure courtesy to consistent gym torture , young-looking, safe everything.

Camilla never really had the classical pretty face nor "perfect" anything; but when she shows up in those jewels she is so beautiful in a dignified, "blue blood" kind of way.
Princess Michael of Kent can do the same thing.

I loved Princess Diana and I love Camilla as well.
Two very different and beautiful women wearing jewelry fantastically - each one in her own way.

Save

New here...and have been lurking mainly for Camilla's jewelry.

I thought it was just weird me, but I am glad to see my perceptions confirmed - that this lady wears jewelry like nothing else!

There's something amazing about her because she manages to wrap dozens of imperfections into one impressive, perfect overall look.
Artistocratic job well done! :)

She is absolutely impeccable in her "anti-Hollywood" persona.
It is easy (and possibly boring) to look great when you are "by the book" - pretty face, slim figure courtesy to consistent gym torture , young-looking, safe everything.

Camilla never really had the classical pretty face nor "perfect" anything; but when she shows up in those jewels she is so beautiful in a dignified, "blue blood" kind of way.
Princess Michael of Kent can do the same thing.

I loved Princess Diana and I love Camilla as well.
Two very different and beautiful women wearing jewelry fantastically - each one in her own way.

Save

I agree. Like the late Princess Marina, like the Duchess of Kent, like Marie-Christine of Kent, also Camilla can look so regal. Last year, when she advanced the stairs of the House of Lords in her white robe de manteau, she looked every inch a Queen. Likewise when she was in formal day wear (in light blue, long robe, with headpiece, Orders et al, during the Investiture in Amsterdam, Camilla was so regal. The Duchess of Kent and Princess Michael can have "it" too. It is the poise, the expression.

There is no one in my opinion who can wear big jewels like Camilla, except the Queen. She wears them instead of them wearing her.

There is no one in my opinion who can wear big jewels like Camilla, except the Queen. She wears them instead of them wearing her.

I couldn't agree more. She is not my favourite person however when I see her wearing the Queen Mother's jewels and her own Saudi Emerald parure, her two elaborate ruby and diamond necklaces, she owns it. There is something about her being unapologetic about wearing these jewels, dressing up and owning the pomp and circumstance of being a royal.

All of which are stunning,the Duchess of Cornwall's Pear Drop Diamond Demi-Parur really are splendid!

She's the Duchess of Choker! (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Camilla really knows how to carry off her pearl chokers. This one looks like sapphires, or is it amethysts in the clasp?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RHbG9jHqKpY/VROCC_R1O8I/AAAAAAAAfBg/rgP6NN1oT2w/s1600/_am3row.jpg

At first, I thought it was her amethyst choker (shown above) but then looking more closely, it seems to be a large central diamond or cluster surrounded by amethysts or perhaps sapphires. Hmm . . . a mystery! And Camilla's jewellery mysteries are aways such fun. ;)

Last edited:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RHbG9jHqKpY/VROCC_R1O8I/AAAAAAAAfBg/rgP6NN1oT2w/s1600/_am3row.jpg

At first, I thought it was her amethyst choker (shown above) but then looking more closely, it seems to be a large central diamond or cluster surrounded by amethysts or perhaps sapphires. Hmm . . . a mystery! And Camilla's jewellery mysteries are always such fun. ;)

It seems to be this one:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0f/30/1a/0f301a83947e4476d51038d8640d81b1--cook-books-prince-charles.jpg
https://www.gettyimages.com/event/f...rtnum-mason-the-cook-book-picture-id615445122

She’s only worn it a couple of times before.

:previous: Does anyone have any idea of its provenance as it seems to only have been seen a couple of times, but comparatively recently. Articles on Camilla's jewellery don't seem to cover it and googling her pearls gives us everything but that one.

So . . . any idea's, theories, better still actual facts, would be greatly appreciated. It seems quite lovely. And yes, as quoted above, she really is "The Duchess of Choker"!

Camilla wears her jewellery very well; she's a natural in showing the best of the piece.
Even huge items don't swamp her. The stones shine as does she.
I enjoy Camilla's varied collection.

:previous: Does anyone have any idea of its provenance as it seems to only have been seen a couple of times, but comparatively recently. Articles on Camilla's jewellery don't seem to cover it and googling her pearls gives us everything but that one.

So . . . any idea's, theories, better still actual facts, would be greatly appreciated. It seems quite lovely. And yes, as quoted above, she really is "The Duchess of Choker"!

I don't think much is known about the provenance. My sense is it was probably a recent acquisition, possibly for her birthday last year. If I am not mistaken, it has only been in use since last autumn or thereabouts. Perhaps it was acquired as a brooch and since converted into a choker.

In one of the older posts on another forum and the DM, the noted that a large number of her chokers have been inherited. Lucky, lucky lady. Perhaps she is the only one that really enjoys wearing them. I laughed when I was reading all the ins and outs of how Camilla came to possess the glorious aquamarine clasp choker with "those in the know" insisting it was a gift from Charles? Turned out it was a bequest from the Shand side of the family and had been in her possession for quite some time. :lol:

In one of the older posts on another forum and the DM, the noted that a large number of her chokers have been inherited. Lucky, lucky lady. Perhaps she is the only one that really enjoys wearing them. I laughed when I was reading all the ins and outs of how Camilla came to possess the glorious aquamarine clasp choker with "those in the know" insisting it was a gift from Charles? Turned out it was a bequest from the Shand side of the family and had been in her possession for quite some time. :lol:

I think the aqua and the other amethyst clasp chokers have been with her for a long time (certainly from early in her marriage to APB), and are quite possibly inheritances with Shand / Cubitt origins. So I don't believe they have anything to do with Charles. The rest have all been slowly acquired since marrying Charles.

These posts have inspired me to check all Camilla’s chokers and try to collect them in one place. By my count she has worn 10 different pearl chokers and several other pearl necklaces. I really wish she would bring back some of her rarely worn ones and not keep using the same two diamond ones all the time.

Camilla's awesome Pink Topaz and Diamond pearl choker evidently started as a large brooch which Charles had converted into long five-strand pearl necklace which was later shortened to a choker.

Original circa 1830's:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OQlgaips7EE/VmufUnQhj4I/AAAAAAAAhP0/v2zxoeCcViY/s320/_pt2.jpg

First Version: Meh Necklace

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...k7B3mjvph2aG3gENDs0j3INECPFMylqI30dGd7hvRtlmw

Second Version: Glorious, marvellous, magnificent, fantastic Choker. And let's not forget the matching earrings.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...IG8713QhkbJvX9bifga0aB5mF-QPdcZugNqtYuLZHZAfg

So at a casual glance I would imagine there are at least enough pearls left over for single strand pearl necklace so keep your eyes peeled because those particular pearls are lucious!

Camilla's awesome Pink Topaz and Diamond pearl choker evidently started as a large brooch which Charles had converted into long five-strand pearl necklace which was later shortened to a choker.

Original circa 1830's:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OQlgaips7EE/VmufUnQhj4I/AAAAAAAAhP0/v2zxoeCcViY/s320/_pt2.jpg

First Version: Meh Necklace

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...k7B3mjvph2aG3gENDs0j3INECPFMylqI30dGd7hvRtlmw

Second Version: Glorious, marvellous, magnificent, fantastic Choker. And let's not forget the matching earrings.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...IG8713QhkbJvX9bifga0aB5mF-QPdcZugNqtYuLZHZAfg

So at a casual glance I would imagine there are at least enough pearls left over for single strand pearl necklace so keep your eyes peeled because those particular pearls are lucious!

Could it be that the duchess is using some of the queen mother's pearls to create her chokers?

:previous: Don't they look splendid with her blue velvet gown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom