The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-28-2019, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'd like to see The Duchess of Cornwall wearing another tiara other than the Greville tiara every once in a while,its HRH's signature one but it would be nice to a change every once in awile.
I fully agree - it would be nice to see some other tiaras on her. I still think she has the Delhi Dhurbar on loan - but also the Teck Crescent, which we have not seen on her at all.
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Teck Crescent Tiara

Given that she has several neclaces with coloured stones, I am wondering which tiara she could potentially wear which is not all white:
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Burmese Ruby Tiara
The ruby - or something with sapphires?

Old 01-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Majesty

She also has worn her own tiara as well which is a quite lovely piece.

Old 02-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception for the British Asian Trust on February 4 wearing her diamond snake necklace and Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra earrings:
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...66?s=2048x2048

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Magic Alhambra Diamond Earrings

The Duchess of Cornwall visited Maggie’s at The Royal Marsden Hospital on February 6:
https://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...zt1aYUMU8x.jpg

I think this is a new brooch! It’s the Lucky Animals Hummingbird clip by Van Cleef & Arpels:
https://www.vancleefarpels.com/eu/en...bird-clip.html
Old 02-06-2020, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Was never a fan of the diamond snake necklace but the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra earrings are stunning.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Courtier

My two cents - I am not too fond of the Alhambra collection earrings and not too fond of the serpentine necklace per se - but having them combined does not work for me at all.

Plus - I would so much love to see her everyday pearl earrings clearly and without hair over it as I couldn't make up my mind yet if the upper part is only metal and looks like something is inserted or if there are real old rose cut diamonds included.... so here my plea - one picture without hair obscuring the view.....
Old 02-13-2020, 06:32 AM
Majesty

We are looking at two totally different styles and generations of jewellery and I think Camilla must be very preoccupied as, while she has mixed and accented her different pieces over the years, I have never seen such a clash of style before.

Each piece has its own value and I like both. The Alhambra set is very pretty and have a delicate charm all their own and Camilla wears them well but not with the snake necklace. Now the snake necklace, to me, is a step up, older and a really classic style of jewellery. Where the Alhambra earrings have an almost whimsical attraction, the snake necklace is a seriously elegant piece of a type Camilla wears with an almost nonchalant ease.

The only question I have is what on earth preoccupied her so much that she grabbed two such totally disparate pieces of jewellery to wear together. She wore that necklace with the Delhi Durbar tiara for heavens sake!
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Was never a fan of the diamond snake necklace but the Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra earrings are stunning.