Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKDuchessofCornwallsmaller.jpg

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread part 7

commencing September 2011

Part 6, covering January 2008 to August 2011, can be found here

°°°

I will tell you all, the lady looks good when she wears the big bling. She can bring it! I am so happy she decided after she married to really trot out some of the big pieces to wear. It gives us all a great treat to see them.

So true Lady!!!!!

Now, I have been trying to find the history behind this beautiful diamond and sapphire brooch, but alas have no luck. I remember reading that it was once part of the Russian Imperial Family and came into the BRF through Alexandra but was never worn publicly for years. However, I can't seem to find that discussion anywhere. Is anyone able to confirm this history?

:previous:
I have the brooch as being provenance of Grand Duchess Xenia, most likely included in the suite of jewels bought from her by Queen Mary.

Ah, many thanks Warren! The duchess hasn't worn this brooch in awhile, I hope she dusts it off soon.

I soo love cabachon sapphires. This is a beautiful brooch!~

Now, I have been trying to find the history behind this beautiful diamond and sapphire brooch, but alas have no luck. I remember reading that it was once part of the Russian Imperial Family and came into the BRF through Alexandra but was never worn publicly for years. However, I can't seem to find that discussion anywhere. Is anyone able to confirm this history?

I absolutely agree - what a wonderful piece. I havn't seen it before. When did the DOC wore it for the first time?

I believe she first wore it on an official visit to Philidelphia in 2007(?), she also famously wore her ruby diamond breastplate for the first and only time in Philly.

The Duchess of Cornwall also wore the brooch in Canada in November 2009. [pic below]
The Saudi (actually Prince Al-Waleed) ruby necklace made its debut in Philly in January 2007.

Image cropped from a much larger photograph and not subject to copyright.

Attachments

• DOC Brooch ex-GD Xenia of Russia, Canada Nov09.jpg
    DOC Brooch ex-GD Xenia of Russia, Canada Nov09.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,343
The Duchess wore a lovely pair of pearl earrings today. Does anyone recognise them ?
Pearl earrings

Elly C said:
The Duchess wore a lovely pair of pearl earrings today. Does anyone recognise them ?
Pearl earrings

Aren't they lovely ! HRH has had them for some time - she even wore them to the Register Office part of her Wedding Day, so I imagine they must be favourites of her's.

These are her signature pearl earrings, she wears them nearly every time we see her. I always assumed they were a family heirloom but my assumption could be way off the mark.

:previous: They really are her signature piece and this is one of the very rare occasions that we get to see the detail up close as her hair usually obscures the top, leaving only the hanging pearl on show.

So, our thanks to the wayward breeze that "exposed" the hidden beauty!

Is there a picture of the serpent necklace up close? It does look lovely (from what I'm able to see), and the earrings are very nice too. The Duchess definitely knows how to wear bigger pieces of jewelry.

Is there a picture of the serpent necklace up close? It does look lovely (from what I'm able to see), and the earrings are very nice too. The Duchess definitely knows how to wear bigger pieces of jewelry.

If you look in the earlier DoC jewellery threads, you will find close up pictures of the serpent neckalce.

DOC Diamond Serpent Necklace
Here in October 2005

v Thumbnail cropped from a much larger image and not subject to copyright

Attachments

• DOC Necklace Serpent Oct05.jpg
    DOC Necklace Serpent Oct05.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,243
DOC Diamond Serpent Necklace
Here in October 2005

v Thumbnail cropped from a much larger image and not subject to copyright

Thank you so much! It's very pretty indeed.

Camilla was wearing a stunning necklace last night, a huge purple, presumable, amethyst connected with 5 strands of pearls. It has a name I guess but I don't know it.
This is the one she wore last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a closeup of the choker, one of my all-time favorite pieces of jewelry Camilla owns which Charles gave to her. This is magnificent; the center stone has been called a pink topaz, although it does appear like a light amethyst, and just look at those diamonds surrounding it. She has a pair of gorgeous matching earrings which I once saw a photo of her wearing, but she favors her pearl earrings with this necklace. I'd love to see the outfit she wore with this last night.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_e9OLDZlTq...bs/s320/DOCChokerWedding2008TamaraRJOTWMB.jpg

Last edited:
It might even be a kunzite. I love this necklace!

Wow! That's a gorgeous necklace. I love the color of the stone.

That looks like a padparadscha sapphire. Sapphires come in all colors.

Does anybody know anything about the brooch Camilla wore on her coat for Rememberance Sunday?

Camilla was wearing a stunning necklace last night, a huge purple, presumable, amethyst connected with 5 strands of pearls. It has a name I guess but I don't know it.
I think they just call it the 5 strand Pearl and Pink Topaz Choker, which is really pedestrian considering it is a work of art. A stunning piece and one of my favourites. :wub:

But worst of all? We haven't got a photo of it's latest outing! :bang:

Does anybody know anything about the brooch Camilla wore on her coat for Rememberance Sunday?

I made the same mistake myself thinking it was a brooch, but Nico on Camilla's fashion thread said it's the 4th Battalion of The Rifles badge. Camilla is royal colonel of this regiment. A nice touch, I thought.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom