Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably mean

this choker - it's my favourite too.

It's a five pearl choker with a pink topaz surrounded with a 28-diamond crust in the middle. The topaz and diamonds piece was originally a brooch from Edwardian era and was purchased at Sotheby's auction in 2000 (probably, by Prince Charles who gave it to Camilla).

I adore that picture - love-love-love the color of Camilla's outfit. What is it - blush pink? Gorgeous. I am partial to a very pale color palette - and this along with her stupendous hat - is wonderful. The hat is a bit too big for my taste but she wears it well and the color goes perfectly with her outfit. Beautifully soft impression - very elegant.

That pink choker is absolutely gorgeous! One of my favorites!

I want both that choker and the hat!

And exactly where would you wear the hat? :p

I'd probably hang it on a wall. Some of these hats are really works of art (of a kind) - but not sure I'd walk around in them. :D

Camilla's best hats are the ones with the feathers a la a French Muskateer, or Louis the Sun King. I love those hats. Wish she'd wear more of them - very elegant in my book. Her signature style. Makes anything she wears look very cool.

Yes, that's exactly it, Artemisia, thank you; it's such a beautiful piece. I saw a photo of her wearing the matching pink topaz earrings, but never saw them again. It seems she rarely wears them, yet they made a gorgeous set.
Do you mean these earrings? I love them, but I've never seen them worn with that choker. Will look for that picture - the combination should have been spectacular!

Attachments

• 56265213.jpg
    56265213.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 643
That aquamarine chocker is gorgeous. Her hat is not shabby either :D.

And exactly where would you wear the hat? :p

I'd probably hang it on a wall. Some of these hats are really works of art (of a kind) - but not sure I'd walk around in them. :D

Camilla's best hats are the ones with the feathers a la a French Muskateer, or Louis the Sun King. I love those hats. Wish she'd wear more of them - very elegant in my book. Her signature style. Makes anything she wears look very cool.

Well, that hat would certainly impel me to go to church services where I could sport that type of millinery or have tea parties where I could use my vast teapot collection and wear suitable attire.;) But this is the type of topper that sends me into fits of ecstasy since she wears this style with such flair; all she needs is the cape and epee to accompany it!

Do you mean these earrings? I love them, but I've never seen them worn with that choker. Will look for that picture - the combination should have been spectacular!

Trust you to unearth the goods!:lol: Thank you, and unless I'm delusional, I thought I saw them worn with the choker at one time. It's nice to see them again and I don't know why she doesn't pair them together more often.

Last edited:
Artemisia said:

These are not the earrings which match the pink topaz choker - they are pendant earrings - those pictured here are the amethyst earrings.

These are not the earrings which match the pink topaz choker - they are pendant earrings - those pictured here are the amethyst earrings.
I realise these are pendant earrings, but I thought the stones were topaz, not amethyst (must be the lightening).
Could you post pictures of the topaz earrings you mean? As far as I know, the topaz choker (the centrepiece, at least) was bought on its own, not together with any other pieces.

Maybe the earrings and choker aren't a matching set, but as I mentioned I saw a pair of pink/amethysts worn together with that choker at one time and never again. I hope we can find that picture eventually.

Maybe the earrings and choker aren't a matching set, but as I mentioned I saw a pair of pink/amethysts worn together with that choker at one time and never again. I hope we can find that picture eventually.
I'd love to see Camilla wearing them together! :)
They should look really nice together; wish I had that picture.

I'd love to see Camilla wearing them together! :)
They should look really nice together; wish I had that picture.

Camilla first wore the pink topaz choker on the wedding of Peter and Autumn. Other events it was subsequently worn at included Charles 60th celebrations at BP, Ascot one year (with the same creme and pink ensemble as today), the Trooping one year (again with the same creme and pink ensemble as today) and at Zara & Mike's wedding. I cannot remember on which of the occassions she wore the topaz earrings, but have a look at the pictures.

You probably mean this choker - it's my favourite too.
It's a five pearl choker with a pink topaz surrounded with a 28-diamond crust in the middle. The topaz and diamonds piece was originally a brooch from Edwardian era and was purchased at Sotheby's auction in 2000 (probably, by Prince Charles who gave it to Camilla).
I'm jealous. Period.:lol: Stunning!

Camilla first wore the pink topaz choker on the wedding of Peter and Autumn. Other events it was subsequently worn at included Charles 60th celebrations at BP, Ascot one year (with the same creme and pink ensemble as today), the Trooping one year (again with the same creme and pink ensemble as today) and at Zara & Mike's wedding. I cannot remember on which of the occassions she wore the topaz earrings, but have a look at the pictures.

I've been through so many pictures trying to find the one where she wore those matching earrings, but haven't been at all successful. Yet I know I saw it and websites have confirmed there are matching earrings as well. I think this pink choker is the grande dame of all the ones she owns, and I'm happy that Camilla was so thoughtful to give us another outing of it after the recent discussion here.:whistling: Now if she'd only oblige us by wearing those matching earrings!

Cyber hug to you, Nico, for digging that up!:flowers: What a shame the rain-spotted window obscures the image, but those just might be it.

Last edited:
The Duchess' choker

Is it a different choker each time - or simply a different stone enhancer each time? I have noticed there is usually a three stand pearl set that the large stone surrounded by diamonds connects to. But does anyone know if these are enhancers or if the entire necklace is different each time?

Is it a different choker each time - or simply a different stone enhancer each time? I have noticed there is usually a three stand pearl set that the large stone surrounded by diamonds connects to. But does anyone know if these are enhancers or if the entire necklace is different each time?

They're probably different necklaces. The aquamarine has three strands of pearls and the unidentified pink stone has five. I can't recall if she has any others at the moment, so I can't tell you the details of those.

They're probably different necklaces. The aquamarine has three strands of pearls and the unidentified pink stone has five. I can't recall if she has any others at the moment, so I can't tell you the details of those.
She also has another three-strand and five-strand chokers, as well as a four-strand one.
In total, Camilla has six magnificent chokers, as well as a couple of choker-like necklaces.

She also has a ruby choker with red beads interspersed among the pearls; not my favorite.

:previous:
Although I've always thought the beads in that one to be rubies as well, it has been suggested they might actually be (shudder) mere glass.
Anyway, all the chokers and choker-like necklaces the Duchess owns (that I know of).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 482
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 454
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 465
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 459
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Pics # 3 &4 are my favorites- I want them! Stunning!

Nice photo summary of all her chokers, Artemisia; thank you. The pink topaz remains my favorite with the aquamarine running second. After that, pic 1 rounds up my top three.

Pics # 3 &4 are my favorites- I want them! Stunning!
Join the queue! :D
Still can't decide which choker I like best - the aquamarine one or the topaz one.
The topaz is more elegant, but I love the combination of aquamarine and yellow gold.

Nice photo summary of all her chokers, Artemisia; thank you. The pink topaz remains my favorite with the aquamarine running second. After that, pic 1 rounds up my top three.
My top three as well. They just scream "I'm a royal - and a bloody important one!" ;)

Join the queue! :D
Still can't decide which choker I like best - the aquamarine one or the topaz one.
The topaz is more elegant, but I love the combination of aquamarine and yellow gold.
Topaz is my # 1- the aquamarine is #2!

I like numbers three, four and six. Stunning. Thank you for sharing, Artemisia :flowers:.

Now I want her to wear those matching pink topaz earrings with the choker. Please make me happy, Camilla!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom