Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen that brooch before (which does not mean it hasn't been worn before). It might be from Camilla's family. Surely her people had some jewelry. Looks to be Georgian.

I don't know which one it is, but it looks like an art deco design to me. The pearl choker she's wearing is also one of her earlier ones with the rows of diamonds and a central one in the clasp.

If i remember well the brooch is by Cartier and is from the Queen Mother.

It is lovely. Is it onyx or sapphire or some other stone? Anyone know?

The Enamel brooch seems familiar to me, does anyone know it's history?

I am particularly taken by the Turqoise necklace Camilla sported in Oslo (a supposed Keppel heirloom I've read?). It suits her very nicely and the stones appear of exceptional quality.

The composition of the earrings aren't as attractive, but it's nice that the Duchess is in possession of the intact suite.

Last edited:
The choker looks lovely, and certainly IMO, has no tbeen seen on Camilla previously. There are some pretty serious diamonds on this one!

The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Denmark - Day Three - Pictures - Zimbio

I'd never seen this particular choker before the Scandinavia visit either.
Camilla has worn some spectacular chokers lately though, including the diamond choker for the War Horse: Fact and Fiction exhibition at the National Army Museum on 19 October 2011, and the gorgeous choker she wore for Zara's wedding on 30 July 2011.

Cropped from much lager pictures and constitute less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,661
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,605
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,635
The center choker with the pink stone - amethyst/topaz? - has always been my favorite. She wore it once with a pair of matching earrings and the set was absolutely gorgeous. I think the last choker is new since this is the first time she's worn it to Denmark.

Thanks for the photos, Artemisia.

Last edited:
I hope no-one takes offence when I say that I dislike chokers as a rule and see them as an older woman's piece of jewellery. I can admire the constituent parts, but I wouldn't wear one myself.

I dislike chokers too, especially on young women. But DoC wears them perfectly, my favorite is this one with pink topaz.

I love the square emeralds, just such a chic modern cut but still impressive.

She has a stunning set of chokers!

She has beatiful jewelry. She doesn't bring much to the table for them.

On the contrary, Camilla has a bosom just made for supporting substantial jewellery, not to mention her hair do that can anchor the bigger tiaras in the British collection with aplomb.

Isn't that necklace, the 5-strand diamond extravaganza, the Greville Collier necklace?

The sapphire necklace in the picture were, like the emerald and ruby ones, from the Saudi visit.

The magnificent diamond 5 row necklace, it is indeed the Greville necklace. It consists of two necklaces of two and three rows respectively that can be worn together and separately. Though usually wearing only one (3 row) necklace, the Queen Mother wore the full 5 row version, among other events, during Frederik IX an Ingrid of Denmark's state visit to Britain in 1951.

The Greville jewels came to the possession of the British Royal Family after the death of Mrs. Greville who left her entire impressive jewellery collection to Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother). Although the Royal Family was initially very hesitant to accept such generous bequest from a subject, the Queen wore the Greville Tiara for the first time in 1947. The tiara, later known as the Boucheron Tiara, became a particular favourite of the Queen Mother who asked Cartier to make some adjustments according to her taste; initially, the original Greville Tiara had strict geometric line but Cartier added diamonds on the top, breaking the line. The Greville-Boucheron tiara is now worn by the Duchess of Cornwall.

Last edited:
. . . . .The tiara, later known as the Boucheron Tiara, became a particular favourite of the Queen Mother who asked Cartier to make some adjustments according to her taste; initially, the original Greville Tiara had strict geometric line but Cartier added diamonds on the top, breaking the line. The Greville-Boucheron tiara is now worn by the Duchess of Cornwall.
I have never been a big fan of the Boucheron. I always thought it was a little too OTT for no good reason. Am I the only one that thinks it was more aesthetically pleasing in it's original incarnation and would love to see it return to that state. I think Camilla would look dynamite with a restored mighty Bouche and the 3-stringed diamond necklace. Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

:previous: Would that be the titivated Bouche or the stunning classic original? :D

:previous: Would that be the titivated Bouche or the stunning classic original? :D

The classic one, as worn by QEQM and the Duchess of Cornwall. :)

Yes, I'd love to see the mighty Bouche paired with Camilla's mighty hair again!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom