Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Camilla actually get earrings from the Irish? Other than the Middle East and the Sultan of Brunei most countries aren't forking over jewels.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Has the Sultan of Brunei forked out for many bejewelled gifts to the BRF in recent years?

I don't think they are Camilla's style, either. You won't hear me say this often about jewelry, but I don't care for those unprocessed emeralds. They just look like agate to me. The gold itself looks nice, but the granules I could do without.

Yes - but it is a little trendy these days to use uncut stones in jewelry. So it was an appropriate gift for the times. You even see uncut diamonds on pieces. A diamond with no fire - what's the point, I think. But there it is.

I think it is too small. She needs a larger one. She wears this one every year at the Diplomatic Corps reception. It is time she gave this one to Laura.

I think it is too small. She needs a larger one. She wears this one every year at the Diplomatic Corps reception. It is time she gave this one to Laura.

Do you have any pictures of Camilla in the Shand Cubitt tiara at a Diplomatic Reception, other than last night and in 2005 (?) when she wore it with a black and white dress and her turquoise and diamond demi-parure?

It is time she gave this one to Laura.

Laura would have no use for it. How many tiara events in Laura likely to attend in her lifetime? Her mother and step fathers coronation is the only one I can think of.

The Shand-Cubbitt tiara wouldn't be a favourite of mine it looked kind of lost in the Duchess's hair last night.

I love it that she wears this one at least at a few events. It's so great to see some rotation in her tiaras. The Boucheron is a great tiara and suits her well. But it gets a bit boring to see the same thing again and again and again and...

The Shand tiara has a strange shape though. The middle part pops up in weird way. Apart from that the wreath design is beautifully executed.

I'm glad to see it, too. It is a beautifully executed tiara and I hope she wears it at least once a year. Camilla is made for tiaras, whether small, standard or whopping. She can do them all.

Camilla does wear the larger tiaras very well. Not many can carry them off the way she can.

I love it! Much better IMO than the other one.

:previous:The tiara comes from her own family. Camilla has already worn it for her first wedding with Andrew Parker-Bowles and her daughter has also married with this tiara.

:previous:The tiara comes from her own family. Camilla has already worn it for her first wedding with Andrew Parker-Bowles and her daughter has also married with this tiara.

she also wore it for the 2005 Diplomatic Reception, though we only got a short video of that.

I'm not a fan of the way the center raised portion tilts towards the back of her head.

Although I like seeing Camilla in a different tiara, I'm not a fan of this one - perhaps it's partly because of how it sits on her head, but I would prefer it if she raided the Queen's jewellery box again.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

All of the tiaras Camilla has worn so far:

1 2 3

For a wife of an heir, many may be surprised that she has only worn 3 tiaras. But at least 2 of them have been large. ;)

1 2 3

For a wife of an heir, many may be surprised that she has only worn 3 tiaras. But at least 2 of them have been large. ;)

If The Queen's Diamonds by Hugh Roberts is to be believed, she also has the Teck Crescent tiara, but has not been photographed in it.

I think the first tiara is the one that fits her most

Although I like seeing Camilla in a different tiara, I'm not a fan of this one - perhaps it's partly because of how it sits on her head, but I would prefer it if she raided the Queen's jewellery box again.
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

She does have a great tiara head though. And I liked on her better than in the wedding photo. On The Duchess, it was spritely and festive. That's OK every once in a while.
But she does look splendid in the really huge tiaras that dwarf most others who wear them! She also carries off the boxier shaped tiaras that look silly on a head with less hair and a differently shaped face.
Thankfully, God blessed me without tiara hair, which is fine, since I have no sparklers like that and no where to wear them. ;)

1 2 3

While the mighty bouche has become her "go to" tiara, I have to admit that I would love to see her wear the Delhi Durbar again. For such a large tiara it is quite delicate whereas the Boucheron is very heavy looking.

Her family tiara is quite lovely and it certainly has it's uses, better still when, on it's last outing, the Mail called it an "exquisite diamond-encrusted tiara" and the Telegraph called it "a stunning diamond-encrusted tiara" and both stating that "royal watchers believed to be her family’s Cubitt-Shand diamond-encrusted tiara. Research guys, research! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

It seems like she only have two tiaras she like the most- the Greville Boucheron and the Cubitt-Shand tiara. She hasn't worn the Delhi Durbar in a long time and it's said that she have the Teck Crescent tiara but she has never worn it. I think that tiara is best suited for Catherine. Camilla carries the much larger tiaras well.

I hope she stay away from the Greville Necklace though. That wasn't a good look on her.

That family tiara of Camilla's is indeed a beauty, but it needs a more controlled hairdo for it to really shine as intended.
Camilla's hairdo is great for the larger tiaras that she has been wearing, but she needs to find a smaller one for this tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom