Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The emeralds look like rectangular boiled lollies. Nor does it "still well" with the tiara and earrings. Too much/ jumbled/ "busy". Sometimes, less is more. Understated is better than OTT. YMMV.

I do not think Camilla got to choose the emeralds. Until such time as she gets a chance to lay her hands on some oval "boiled lollies", I am quite content with her using these ones with her Boucheron tiara.

Last edited:
:previous:
The emerald necklace forms part of one of the three demi-parures presented to her by Prince Al-Waleed when she and Charles visited Saudi Arabia in 2006. The other two being sapphire and ruby (the "ruby breastplate").

The emerald necklace forms part of one of the three demi-parures presented to her by Prince Al-Waleed when she and Charles visited Saudi Arabia in 2006. The other two being sapphire and ruby (the "ruby breastplate").

Here are those three necklaces. Wow, she is so lucky to get three of these necklaces in one visit!

These are also one of my favorites! Simply stunning.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's got another set of diamond dragonfly brooches that I like even better; they're larger and have more of an antique life-like look to them. The top pin looks like green enamel to its body while the bottom looks like diamonds. I really love this set.

Last edited:
Not butterflies, but dragonflies...and they are rather special.

Thanks, Kitty, the fingers engaged before the brain. :lol: I meant to say dragonflies. I went back and corrected the original post.

Last edited:
That leek brooch is really lovely and perfect for today. I also can't get over how good that particular kind of Forest Green suits her, as I would have thought it too dark a colour for the Duchess, but it really does suit Camilla.

I also have a small collection of Dragonfly brooches given to me over the years, only I don't get even half of the chances that Camilla gets to wear hers sadly, as I love them and I love hers. My personal favourites of her brooches though, are the Pansy Brooches. I think it's the enamel work on them and how that makes them shimmer in the light. They really are lovely.

I would really love to see a good closeup of the Leek brooch. Most pics I have seen of this have been blurry.

Attached to the post is the best picture of the Leek Brooch that I have.
It's still a bit blurry but better than any of the other pictures I've seen.

Cropped from a larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original

Attachments

• Camilla Leek Brooch.jpg
    Camilla Leek Brooch.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 627

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 456
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 423
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 426
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 399
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Now that's an interesting tiara/necklace and heart-shaped brooch with what looks to be sapphire stones dangling from diamond strands. Any information on those two pieces, Artemisia?

[-]The sapphire-drop diamond brooch is provenance of Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia.[/-]
Camilla wore the brooch in Canada in November 2009.

Edit: for the correct provenance, see Artemisia's post below.

Last edited:
Thanks, Warren, that looks like an interesting snake motif in the center of the brooch.

I think that the Duchess of Cornwall has lovely jewels, but I don't particularly like the Keppel Ruby and Diamond Tiara or the Gold Eucalyptus Brooch. Her Pansy Brooches are my favorites, along with the Dragonfly Brooches. I'd quite happily wear them both.

The sapphire-drop diamond brooch is provenance of Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia.
Camilla wore it in Canada in November 2009.

That's not entirely accurate. The brooch was a gift to Queen Victoria from her Hesse grandchildren on the occasion of her Diamond Jubilee.
The description of Victoria's gift corresponds perfectly to the brooch now worn by the Duchess, so I'm pretty certain it's the one.

Now that's an interesting tiara/necklace and heart-shaped brooch with what looks to be sapphire stones dangling from diamond strands. Any information on those two pieces, Artemisia?
You can read about the tiara/necklace here - Keppel Ruby and Diamond Tiara, and about the brooch here - Hesse Diamond Jubilee Brooch.

Last edited:
Has she ever worn the Keppel diamond and ruby tiara? It might almost go well with a toned down version of the Saudi diamond and ruby necklace/breastplate that she received a few years ago.

Has she ever worn the Keppel diamond and ruby tiara? It might almost go well with a toned down version of the Saudi diamond and ruby necklace/breastplate that she received a few years ago.
Yes, she has - but as a necklace. You can find the picture of the only known occasion Camilla wore the tiara (as a necklace) here.

Yes, she has - but as a necklace. You can find the picture of the only known occasion Camilla wore the tiara (as a necklace) here.

The rubies are stunning! I love the simplicity of design. So many tiaras/necklaces are fussy and over the top but this one is perfect. It would look great on Kate since she tends to prefer cleaner lines and more minimal jewelry. Maybe one day : -)

It is very unlikely Kate will ever get to wear the tiara because it is in Camilla's private possession (a family heirloom), as opposed to a piece from the Royal Collection. :)

Well dang! I didn't know it was her personal jewels. I suppose it will go to her children then. I'm not normally a ruby fan but that setting is just so pretty.

No and no. Both pieces of jewellery have been in use for a few years now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea what to think of the central design of the brooch until I found out about it in the list of gifts received by Victoria.
Completely agree about the tiara/necklace.

As muriel said, they are not new. The turquoise necklace is the one she usually wears to all of her Middle Easter tours or events related to the region.
The earrings are usually paired with the heavy gold cross necklace and likewise worn mainly on Middle East and India-related engagements.

Thanks Artemisia for the pic of the Welsh Leek brooch. Here's hoping one day we may see a good Clear close up of it. As I am sure it is a decent diamond brooch. I also read elsewhere about the Hesse sapphire drop brooch being from Alice's daughters. It is easy to be wrong sometimes about provenance, but you are quite right about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom