Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Camilla looked lovely last night, as did the turqouise demi-parure and the purple dress. The jewellery and dress were last seen together in Copenhagen earlier this year, and I think really work for Camilla.

Camilla has had this demi-parure for some time now, but she has only recently started using it frequently. f I recall correctly, she had it prior to their wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla has had this demi-parure for some time now, but she has only recently started using it frequently. f I recall correctly, she had it prior to their wedding.

The turquoise demi-parure is a family heirloom. It had been incorrectly reported that the set had belonged to Alice Keppel (and had been a gift of Edward VII) but it was later clarified that the demi-parure is a rarely-worn piece from Camilla's family collection (but not through Alice's line).

Last edited:
It is clear that it is quite old - looks Victorian to me.
It is nice to see some serious turqouise within the main line of the BRF again. Margaret had a wonderful parure, as does the Duchess of Gloucester.

Camilla's parure is supposedly late 19th or early 20th century design, so it is indeed most probably Victorian.
The Duchess of Gloucester still wears her Turquoise Parure quite often.

Camilla wore her beautiful pansy brooches today to Christmas service. I just love this set especially with that purple outfit.

Last edited:
Beautiful brooch and a lovely color outfit. That deep 'bruised' purple is a very flattering color

I agree with you Scooter, it's a very flattering and surprisingly slimming outfit... I would like to know the story behind these nice brooches as well.

Love the brooches. They are a nice add-on to the outfit.

I agree with you Scooter, it's a very flattering and surprisingly slimming outfit... I would like to know the story behind these nice brooches as well.

Little is known about the brooches (as with most of Camilla's personal jewellery) but here is an article on them - The Duchess of Cornwall’s Pansy Brooches.

That blog, as well as the other one I've recently opened (British Royal Jewellery) is a work in progress, which hopefully explains why this is so far the only entry in both places; I planned to launch in December but since I adore these brooches, I couldn't resist. :)

Cropped from a much larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• p2.JPG
    p2.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 804
Artemisia, checked out your website.

Camilla might have received as wedding gifts or inherited some Parker Bowles items.

Here's a list of the wedding gifts Ann de Trafford received when she married Derek Parker Bowles, don't know if it will be of any help to you.

Necklaces
diamond necklace
pearls
necklace (not specified)

Brooches
diamond clip brooch
diamond & emerald brooch
3 diamond & amethsyt brooches
diamond & sapphire brooch
diamond & sapphire clip brooch
diamond brooch
diamond clip (not stated as brooch)

bracelets
pearl & emerald bracelet
diamond bracelet
platinum bracelet
bracelet (not specified)

rings
2 diamond & sapphire rings
diamond and ruby ring
double diamond ring
ring (not specified)
diamond ring

charms
diamond charm

tiaras
diamond

watch
diamond

Also keep in mind that jewelry that was owned by Camilla's mother might not been dispersed until after her father sold the house in 1996 and some pieces that people attribute to Charles might infact be pieces owned by her mother or grandmother.

Some of Camilla's jewelry might have been given to Sonia by Margaret Greville, whom Sonia describes as a very indulgent godmother.

The pictures I've seen of Alice & Sonia showed them wearing single & multi strand pearls of various lengths and bracelets, including charm bracelets and very few if any brooches. Alice's pictures are from 1890-1935. Sonia 1903-1960 mostly from the 20's & 30's.

In a 1936 photo of Camilla's mother Rosalind's is wearing the chocker with the small diamond enhancer.
http://beinecke.library.yale.edu/dl...TEM.asp?pid=2002043&iid=1005733&srchtype=ITEM

Last edited:
@ Queen Camilla - thank you so very much for the information, especially on Ann's wedding gifts! That might be very useful when tracking down the history of some of Camilla's own jewellery. :flowers:

@ Baroness of Books - I'm glad you liked the article. Hopefully, the blogs will look fuller in due course. :)

Congratulations on your blog, Artemnisia. I too, am a fan of the "language of flowers" and have tried to teach it to my husband and sons.
I'm just a little disappointed that the brooches aren't ringed in diamonds.

Congratulations on your blog, Artemnisia. I too, am a fan of the "language of flowers" and have tried to teach it to my husband and sons.
I'm just a little disappointed that the brooches aren't ringed in diamonds.

And Arbor Vitae to you both!;)

Camilla's jewellery collection has been enhanced by several gifts during 2012 official visits abroad. It is also very likely she received other jewels too, especially from foreign dignitaries on state and official visits to Britain. It is, for instance, virtually certain that Camilla got a parure from the Amir of Kuwait (as both the Countess of Wessex and the Princess Royal did). Those gifts, however, are not yet specified anywhere so it's a bit of a guesswork.

For the list of jewels Camilla got, have a look at this post - Jewellery Gifts Received by Female Royals in 2012.

Beautiful turquoises set off magnificently by those diamonds. Just luscious!

:previous: Not sure about the brooch but I like the way the collar of the coat is designed to showcase the diamond clasp on the pearl choker. The addition of her signature pearl drop earrings is the icing on the cake. :flowers:

To me it looks like a pin rather than a brooch. Very difficult to tell what it is. However, my favourite brooch/es are the pair of pansies. Just gorgeous workmanship and colors in these brooches.

It has always struck me as rather "Miss World/Miss Universe" looking, especially in its current configuration.

It has always struck me as rather "Miss World/Miss Universe" looking, especially in its current configuration.

I agree, it do have that appearence. I think the Duchess of Cornwall wears it well though.

Its is also not a royal jewel of the past since it is still in the possession of the Royal Family and still in use.

:previous:
The Delhi Durbar diadem posts have been moved across from the 'British Royal Jewels of the Past' thread.

Now I'm not very attracted to this emerald necklace; it just looks like blocks of green tiles to me. It also doesn't look good with the tiara and earrings; too modern a look.

Last edited:
The emeralds look like rectangular boiled lollies. Nor does it "still well" with the tiara and earrings. Too much/ jumbled/ "busy". Sometimes, less is more. Understated is better than OTT. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom