Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have been a gift from Charles before their marriage. It is said that he bought back jewels which once belonged to Alice Keppel and gave it as gifts to Camilla.

That's true ! Charles bought some very nice pieces of jewellery with a Keppel origin like the serpent necklace, the synthetic rubies necklace/tiara and the diamond tiara later broken up to make a new set. The turquoise parure might be a Keppel piece as well...

Camilla's first outfit of the day showcased two beautiful peices of jewellery.

A beautiful diamond and sapphire brooch:

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/14...088EA8C100E4E8050FEAFBC7930EFC85B9C8BF9B3164F

The way Camilla has used the sapphire drops to pick up the sapphire satin trim on her hat is really classic.

And under the coat, a fabulous pearl and diamond (?) choker, paired, of course, with her favourite pearl drops:

The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Norway - Pictures - Zimbio

Does anyone know the provenence of the pearl choker? Among all her many several pearl chokers, I do not remember seeing it before.

Last edited:
Do you have a photo of the Keppel tiara broken to made new jewellery? And do you have also a photo of the new jewellery made with these diamonds? Thank you.

I love the brooch and the necklace. Very, very, lovely.

I like the turquoise necklace but why would she wear it with a purple dress? It doesn't go with it to me, I don't know why she didn't wear sapphires or borrow some amethyst jewelry from the Queen.

The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Norway - Pictures - Zimbio

Does anyone know the provenence of the pearl choker? Among all her many several pearl chokers, I do not remember seeing it before.

At first, I thought it was this one since this is also a four-strand but the diamond clasp is different:

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits Melcombe Primary School - Pictures - Zimbio

So it's either another choker, or she changed the clasp. It's always a treat when Camilla trots out one of her pearl chokers; I really love them.

And her sapphire drop brooch is just too stunning for words.

Last edited:
Yes! I've been waiting for a really clear photo of the Turquoise set for years. I love it, its very antique-y but works wonderfully well with that lush purple gown. The sapphire brooch is a favorite of mine, I wish she would wear it more often and another choker is always good with me.

Camilla has the best of both worlds, the jewelry as a mistress and the stuff, tax free, that Charles was given through the Soverign to Soverign swap from his grandmother, from his mother, where no taxes are paid.

:previous:Plus whatever jewels she was given after her marriage on state visits, though they'll belong to the crown.

And I just read on another board that the diamond brooch with the three dangling cabochon sapphires was given to Queen Victoria on her Diamond Jubilee from her Hesse grandchildren. Nice association. I also read that this was the debut of Camilla's new pearl choker, so that's why we didn't recognize it.

Last edited:
Interesting info about the choker, Baroness. So.. where did it come from if it is new??

Unfortunately, that tidbit of information was not made known. I had thought the clasp had been changed since this is also a four-strand necklace as her other one. But maybe it was a gift from Charles, if this report is true.

Do you have a photo of the Keppel tiara broken to made new jewellery? And do you have also a photo of the new jewellery made with these diamonds?
The Keppel tiara wasn't broken up, it was and remains a versatile necklace/tiara piece (1).
However, a tiara was bought by the Prince of Wales and broken up (2); the stones were used to make the modern diamond necklace (3).

What has previously been described as the Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia brooch was first worn by the DOC in November 2009 (4).

1. The Keppel Diamond & Ruby necklace/tiara worn while still Camilla Parker-Bowles.
2. The tiara bought by the POW and subsequently broken up.
3. The modern diamond necklace (worn while still Camilla Parker-Bowles) this pic March 2011.
4. The Grand Duchess Xenia brooch, worn in Canada, November 2009.

Images cropped from larger photographs and not subject to copyright restriction

Attachments

• CP-B Keppel Diamond & Ruby necklace-tiara.jpg
    CP-B Keppel Diamond & Ruby necklace-tiara.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,262
  • DOC Tiara bought by POW made into modern diamond necxklace.jpg
    DOC Tiara bought by POW made into modern diamond necxklace.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 909
  • DOC Modern Diamond Necklace.jpg
    DOC Modern Diamond Necklace.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 620
  • DOC Brooch ex-GD Xenia of Russia, Canada Nov09.jpg
    DOC Brooch ex-GD Xenia of Russia, Canada Nov09.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:
I don't care for the diamond daisy necklace too much and wish that lovely tiara wasn't broken up for parts. And thanks for confirming about the provenance of the cabochon sapphire brooch, Warren, and to Artemisia for identifying it correctly in the first place.

Last edited:
I thought the diamonds from the tiara were reused for this parure:
Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends A Gala Dinner At
You are absolutely correct, thanks for picking up my error quickly. :flowers:
Apologies, I misread my notes; post now amended.

Since it's been mentioned after I posted it incorrectly above, here it is again:

The Daisy Diamond Necklace, worn at the White House November 2005

Image cropped from larger photograph and not subject to copyright restriction

Attachments

• DOC Daisy Diamond Necklace White House Nov 2005.jpg
    DOC Daisy Diamond Necklace White House Nov 2005.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2,026
Last edited:
Maybe its the way it is displayed but that tiara looks very bridal shop.

Now that is a gorgeous diamond necklace, so I guess the tiara was well sacrificed. Maybe Charles saw the potential of the stones to be used for other pieces since the tiara might be considered too lightweight for Camilla's mighty hair. It also looked more suitable for a younger royal lady.

Last edited:
Agreed! Charles has a good eye if he indeed saw the potential for a gorgeous necklace. The tiara in it's original form would have suited Catherine... The Duchess has some incredible jewels to choose from.

The Keppel tiara wasn't broken up, it was and remains a versatile necklace/tiara piece (1).
However, a tiara was bought by the Prince of Wales and broken up (2); the stones were used to make the modern diamond necklace (3).

What has previously been described as the Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia brooch was first worn by the DOC in November 2009 (4).

1. The Keppel Diamond & Ruby necklace/tiara worn while still Camilla Parker-Bowles.
2. The tiara bought by the POW and subsequently broken up.
3. The modern diamond necklace (worn while still Camilla Parker-Bowles) this pic March 2011.
4. The Grand Duchess Xenia brooch, worn in Canada, November 2009.

Images cropped from larger photographs and not subject to copyright restriction

Are you sure the modern diamond necklace referred to in 3 above was used by Camilla prior to her wedding to Charles? AFAIK, its first public debut was in the US in late 2005 on their first royal trip together

Are you sure the modern diamond necklace referred to in 3 above was used by Camilla prior to her wedding to Charles? AFAIK, its first public debut was in the US in late 2005 on their first royal trip together

Apparently, this picture of Camilla wearing the same (or similar) necklace was taken back in 1990's.
You'll learn more if you read these posts by Warren (post 1, post 2) and by joye. (post)

Last edited:
The GD Xenia brooch is a masterpiece, thank you for bringing it to our attention Warren!! :flowers:

Apparently, this picture of Camilla wearing the same (or similar) necklace was taken back in 1990's.
You'll learn more if you read these posts by Warren (post 1, post 2) and by joye. (post)

Thank you for the link to the previous discussion on the necklace.

At the time it was suggested (and it remains my belief) that the photo is not from the 1990s but from the group of photos taken at the time of C&C's first wedding anniversary. A number of pictures were taken then, including one of Camilla in a white column dress and the turquoise parure last seen in Oslo; another one of her in jeans and a blazer on a bench in the garden of CH and this one.

I don't know if anybody has answered already, but I found a good reference on the RJWMB:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: The Duchess of Cornwall in Madrid tonight

Quote from Boffer at RJOTWMB:
The necklace was a gift to the then Mrs. Parker-Bowels from the Prince of Wales prior to their marriage.
In the late 1990s the Prince acquired a rather nondescript tiara, and the stones were reset into this necklace and matching earrings.
The above post was made some time ago; unfortunately the RJOTWMB does not preserve its posted content indefinitely (like we do here! :)) but we have the quote from an "expert" in the field. None of us know the date when Camilla acquired the necklace; we pick up information along the way, file it away for reference, and hope that most of it at least is fairly accurate. There may have been good reason for Camilla's reticence to wear this jewel publicly prior to 2005 (apart from a photo shoot), but that gets into the realm of the purely speculative and we simply don't know.

The image I posted of the tiara which is said to have been broken up to make the necklace came from the same source at the RJOTWMB. From my recollection it was generally accepted at the time so I would like to believe the information is accurate, with the caveat that the subject of Royal Jewels relies very much on the knowledge of a very few people and even the Royal website has at times been contradictory or in error.

Thank you for the link to the previous discussion on the necklace.

At the time it was suggested (and it remains my belief) that the photo is not from the 1990s but from the group of photos taken at the time of C&C's first wedding anniversary. A number of pictures were taken then, including one of Camilla in a white column dress and the turquoise parure last seen in Oslo; another one of her in jeans and a blazer on a bench in the garden of CH and this one.

The above post was made some time ago; unfortunately the RJOTWMB does not preserve its posted content indefinitely (like we do here! :)) but we have the quote from an "expert" in the field. None of us know the date when Camilla acquired the necklace; we pick up information along the way, file it away for reference, and hope that most of it at least is fairly accurate. There may have been good reason for Camilla's reticence to wear this jewel publicly prior to 2005 (apart from a photo shoot), but that gets into the realm of the purely speculative and we simply don't know.

The image I posted of the tiara which is said to have been broken up to make the necklace came from the same source at the RJOTWMB. From my recollection it was generally accepted at the time so I would like to believe the information is accurate, with the caveat that the subject of Royal Jewels relies very much on the knowledge of a very few people and even the Royal website has at times been contradictory or in error.

Very informative and well argued post from Warren, as usual :).

The reason I persist with my theory of the 1st anniversary photoshoot is that the Camilla's hairstyle is very similar to the other pictures of the time. From memory, some of the pictures at the time were criticised for being quite heavily photoshopped.

Looks like the necklace Camilla is wearing tonight is either the modern diamond tiara she wore in Spain (she's also wearing the same Bruce oldfield dress she wore then) but i'm not sure if its the necklace that Sophie Wessex wore to the Swedish royal wedding, can't tell from a distance :S

A gorgeous, delicate necklace and stunning earrings to match. I believe a tiara purchased by Charles was broken down for the diamonds in the necklace.

Love that Daisy Diamond necklace!

Thank you for the pictures. The necklace is absolutely stunning. The earrings are a great match too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anyone identify the brooch Camilla wore for a reception at British Embassy in Stockholm?

Picture cropped from a much larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 19,995
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom