Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 4: February-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glitter pic!

BeatrixFan said:
The earrings are not new. She wore them in the USA on her first trip.
And here's the pic. She wore them again, with the necklace, in London a few weeks later.

Warren said:
And here's the pic. She wore them again, with the necklace, in London a few weeks later.
Mmmm, I was so taken with the necklace that I failed to notice such a minor detail as earrings! :lol:

Warren said:
Wow!!!!! Absolutely fabulous. I think I must be slipping not to have noted that little ensemble! :blink:

My eyes are glazing over from the sheer brilliance of the jewels in that photo. One of the few photos that really shows diamonds as they are, almost alive with brilliance. :in_love:

Camilla really does have the knack of wearing fabulous gems with panache. :flowers:

There is a clearer picture of the Duchess' diamond dangle earrings and necklace on this site:
Cornwall1
Scroll to the bottom.

The earrings and necklace remind me of a Harry Winston design.

Best regards,

Ayvee

For once I am going to eat my words. I think the earings are just overdone and need to be toned down. Horrors, but all those diamonds are superb, but she needs to take off one or two of the thingies at the bottom of the earings, the things are too long. Now how is that for nitpicking??? Cheers.

Trimming down the earrings....

Thomas Parkman said:
For once I am going to eat my words. I think the earings are just overdone and need to be toned down. Horrors, but all those diamonds are superb, but she needs to take off one or two of the thingies at the bottom of the earings, the things are too long. Now how is that for nitpicking??? Cheers.

...maybe nitpicking, .. ... or were you hoping to pick up the odd one or two stones she throws out perhaps?;)

I think she has the age and the class to wear diamonds. IMO no necklace or earrings can be to much on her. I love her blings.:flowers:

It is certainly a look Camilla can get away with. The whole ensemble is stunning! :flowers: :wub:

Adamari said:
Do you know who gave her this jewelry?

It's not been revealed, but is very likely to have been gifts from the Middle Eastern sheiks or the Saudis.

She certainly is building up quite a spectacular collection!

If you've got it...

Well dear Members,

Camilla may well be the continuation of the spiritual (?) lineage of the dauntless and totally beyond brazen Queen Mary. If you've got it flaunt it say I. Of course with those earings I would have more respect if they had hung down to her waist and then we could been stunned by everything. In any case the woman is certainly not boring. Given the seething flame she has so far presented to the world we will no doubt spend many more happy hours oggling her latest toys and trinkets. Cheers.

the saudi ruby necklace look great on her!it was elegant

Adamari said:
Do you know who gave her this jewelry?
Prince Al-Waleed of Saudi Arabia. Here is a link to the story.
Along with the rubies were a sapphire parure and an emerald parure. Imagine. :ohmy:

Oh my God!!! This is priceless. Warren, you have hit the jackpot again. You really are spoiling the lot of us. The Camilla has not only a ruby trinket but a sapphire parure and an emerald parure. GasP!!!! Please correct me, but I thought that a complete parure has not only necklace and earings but tiara as well. Does this mean she has more tiaras??? I shall now have to go off my diet and start troughing out on the chocolate again to control my excitement.

So we now have to await in drooling and breathless anticipation at the next bash that Camilla attends bedecked in goodies. I just love both emeralds and sapphires more than rubies, although I do not object to rubies overmuch except in the Wurtemburg State Ruby Halloween Horror. But she will be a sight to see indeeed.

But the story about Fawcett the Fence is just hilarious. Leave it to the royals, an undending entertainment. And after all what on earth is Charles to do with all that junk anyway??? Have his pet yak feeding on the lawn at High Grove??
And the story of William getting a pair of swim trunks in New Zealand is a riot. Never a dull moment around here, now is there????? Cheers.

Thomas Parkman said:
... I thought that a complete parure has not only necklace and earings but tiara as well. Does this mean she has more tiaras???
A 'parure' just means a matched set; a 'complete parure' would most likely include a tiara. Camilla received mere 'parures', albeit three of them. Note that the ruby gift is also described as a parure, so there are likely more pieces besides the necklace. Apparently the Saudis are fond of necklaces and earrings etc, tiaras less so. Pity. :D

Whatever the detail, three parures in one hit is a mark of very high esteem for the Prince of Wales, and his wife, from the Saudi Royal Family.

Well, Warren I have looked at the picture of Camilla of the Ruby Breastplate and I cannot for the life of me see where she was even wearing any earings. Her massive maine of blonde or possibly faux blonde hair has completely covered her illustrious ears. I think if I had earings to match that contraption I would have shaved my head and painted it blue to match the gemstones bedecking me. So this so called ruby "parure has only a measley 37 ruby and diamond necklance to it??? I am, to say the least, disappointed. Cheers.

Camilla's sparkle in Amsterdam

Last weekend we have seen some oldfashioned royal sparkle in Oslo. Sadly the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall had duties overseas and could not attend the King's 70th birthday.

I must say I missed the Prince and the Duchess because it would be lovely to see a magically bejewelled Camilla of Cornwall beaming amongst the royal and noble guests.

Maybe there will be a grand Court Ball in the Royal Palace Amsterdam, for Queen Beatrix' 70th birthday (January 31st 2008). The Royal Palace has (and is still) closed for major renovations (the Queen ordered 40 luxe suites to be re-created on the third floor) and I really, really hope to see the Prince and the Duchess entering the gigantic marble Citizen's Hall sparkling in her best jewellery, reflected by thousands of gentle candles...

I'm sure Amsterdam will welcome them with great enthusiasm and cheer. Like Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip have been given a warm welcome a few weeks ago! An eventual Court Ball in Amsterdam is the first royal occasion I can think of, to see Camilla of Cornwall mingle with other royal guests in full gala.

:flowers:

Thomas Parkman said:
I have looked at the picture of Camilla of the Ruby Breastplate and I cannot for the life of me see where she was even wearing any earings... So this so called ruby "parure has only a measley 37 ruby and diamond necklance to it??? I am, to say the least, disappointed. Cheers.
We've seen one necklace. Apart from that, we have no details as to what pieces comprise each of the parures, and we may never know.

ayvee said:
There is a clearer picture of the Duchess' diamond dangle earrings and necklace on this site:
Cornwall1
Scroll to the bottom. The earrings and necklace remind me of a Harry Winston design.
Call me nuts, but these earrings and necklace remind me of the set worn by the Queen pictured in the Q E II Brooches thread. Post 2, Top Right.

Very similar, same style. :cool:

MARG said:
...these earrings and necklace remind me of the set worn by the Queen pictured in the Q E II Brooches thread. Post 2, Top Right.
Marg, using a link makes it easier to find. :)

Are they the same jewels. They may be similar but they are different. The QEII thingies are more restrained and not as massive and the earings do not seem to hang down as long. Maybe Camilla got bored, hauled out her jewelry pliars and a blow torch, went down into the bowels of Buckingham palace to the vaults and proceeded to glue or otherwise affix a few more diamonds that she picked up off of the floor onto the end of the earings and set out to dazzle the natives and the yellow press. Which she has clearly succeded in doing or at least blinding them in the process. Don't get me wrong I love the sheer excess of it. Queen Mary is alive, well and gone mod. cheers.

Thomas Parkman said:
So this so called ruby "parure has only a measley 37 ruby and diamond necklance to it??? I am, to say the least, disappointed.

There are certainly enough stones in that one necklace to make a respectable parure, if only someone had some taste!

branchg said:
The Queen Mother left all of her jewels to The Queen in a tax-free transfer to avoid estate tax. She did not approve of Camilla and made it quite clear that she was opposed to Charles marrying her.

The Queen refused to consider the matter until after her mother's death because of her disapproval.

But it is quite interesting that Camilla is wearing mainly jewels from the Queen Mother.
Despite this tax transfer, why the Queen (ERII) doesn't loan anything to the Princes Royal or Sarah (both are the only granddaughters of the Q.Mum)I haven't seen them wearing those jewels.

That the Royal Jewels (Orient Ruby Circlet, Ruby Parure, Queen Alexandra driple etc) are in the possesion of ER II is quite clear. Because there royal heirlooms.
And could it not be possible that those items also will go oneday to Charles (when he became King) or, when he died to William???

Sorry guys, but I've removed a number of recent posts. This thread is for the jewellery worn by the Duchess of Cornwall. It is not about Diana's jewels, nor is it a thread for the comparison of Diana and Camilla's jewels and personal tastes.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

Warren said:
Sorry guys, but I've removed a number of recent posts. This thread is for the jewellery worn by the Duchess of Cornwall. It is not about Diana's jewels, nor is it a thread for the comparison of Diana and Camilla's jewels and personal tastes.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

I join this opinion. Also I miss sometimes a bit politeness here.

hornsen said:
Most likely a piece of Queen Mum. It´s her style.

But I´d like to know, who decides about the pieces Camilla is getting and in what time? Or has she got the whole "Queen Mum"-jewelry and decides for herself?

Her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth has left her entire estate (including her debts) to her only surviving child, The Queen.

It is possible Queen Elizabeth has left provisions, expressing her wish that her eldest grandson will have the usufruct of her estate, but that is only what we can guess.

Formally it is The Queen, de jure the owner, who has provided an amazing amount of jewels to her daughter-in-law, The Duchess of Cornwall.

hornsen said:
Most likely a piece of Queen Mum. It´s her style.

But I´d like to know, who decides about the pieces Camilla is getting and in what time? Or has she got the whole "Queen Mum"-jewelry and decides for herself?

I don't recognise this as anything the late QM ever wore - my bet is that it is more likely to be one of the Alice Keppel pieces that Charles has bought for her.

Naval theme

GillW said:
I don't recognise this as anything the late QM ever wore - my bet is that it is more likely to be one of the Alice Keppel pieces that Charles has bought for her.

It most likely is not a Van Keppel heirloom.

The broche clearly shows rowing-spades bundled together and shows a naval theme, very fitting to the occasion. Maybe it is a new broche offered to the Duchess on behalf of the construction wharf which build HMS Astute or the Royal Navy.

It can also be a brooch once presented to Her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth, once she baptized a naval ship in her long, long life.

:flowers:

All of The Queen Mother's jewels were left to The Queen. She has clearly chosen to give Camilla one tiara associated with Queen Mary (the Delhi Durbar) and one associated with her mother (the Boucheron Diamond Honeycomb). Since it is very likely Camilla will become Queen Consort, this is appropriate.

I highly doubt The Queen Mother left instructions regarding her jewels. As her only surviving daughter, The Queen could certainly decide what she wanted to do with her mother's personal property.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom