Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
:royalstandard:

Welcome to the
Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery thread part 3

commencing January 2016

The Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery part 2 can be found here.

Last edited:
It is amazing that the Duchess of Cambridge has already worn 3 different tiaras in only 4 different occasions. I can't imagine that she will wear other tiaras any time soon, because that is not the way things are done in the BRF. But I do think that the spell is no broken, so to speak, and that the Cambridges will now attend State Banquets on a more regular basis.

I'd love to see the wedding tiara again. In a nice up-do and without that very dense veil it would looke lovely, imo. And of course I'd like to see Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara probperly on her, not like in those car pics. That must be another stunning sight. All in all I love diversity, so I hope that Kate will rotate her tiara on a regular basis, so that we can appreaciate the variety of them.

One pays for the quality of the stone and the craftsmanship. The stone is supposed to reflect light on to the face. These Citrine earrings are obviously a favourite of The DOC's.

Such gorgeous earrings w/beautiful stones, plus a colour that goes w/so many others... If I had those beauties in my Jewelry Box, I'd wear them as much as Kate does too. :)

Thanks for the close up!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I believe that The DOC is wearing quite a few pieces of The late Princess of Wales and Queen Mothers jewellery and that that trend will continue.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Honorary Air Commandant, joined members of the RAF Air Cadets to mark their 75th anniversary for her first official engagement of the year.

She wore an Air Cadets Dacre brooch, known to be the highest award any female cadet can achieve.

The brooch can hardly be seen, the hair should have been up!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/02/07/11/30F7078C00000578-3435752-image-m-31_1454845218357.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/02/07/11/30F7100D00000578-3435752-image-a-12_1454844856055.jpg

There are plenty of clear pictures of her wearing the brooch. Very nice indeed.

I think that that brooch is exquisite and I hope she wil have more occasions to show it off sometime...

Fabulous brooch, too bad the hair covered it, I didn't notice it until someone mentioned it

wow! it is incredible brooche! I almost faint over when I saw it! another jewellery to her collection

The Duchess of Cambridge, Honorary Air Commandant, joined members of the RAF Air Cadets to mark their 75th anniversary for her first official engagement of the year.

She wore an Air Cadets Dacre brooch, known to be the highest award any female cadet can achieve.

The brooch can hardly be seen, the hair should have been up!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/02/07/11/30F7078C00000578-3435752-image-m-31_1454845218357.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/02/07/11/30F7100D00000578-3435752-image-a-12_1454844856055.jpg

haha! that might be nice to get the highest award without doing any military training! just because you are a princess! the perks of being royal!

Is it the award brooch or a copy? It will be interesting to know.

haha! that might be nice to get the highest award without doing any military training! just because you are a princess! the perks of being royal!

The brooch USED to be given to the best female cadet. They retired the brooch in favor of giving the best female cadet a sword just like the males. Presumably, the Air Cadets decided to give the brooch to the Duchess of Cambridge as their new Commandant as honestly it would never get worn otherwise.

I like they decided to give Catherine the brooch. It's very impressive and it must dazzle if worn at night too.

wow! it is incredible brooche! I almost faint over when I saw it! another jewellery to her collection
I think it might not be hers though. I think it's loaned to her from the cadets. Since it has a history for them, and was given to be used by the cadets. Just like the shamrock brooch Kate wears when giving out shamrocks. I doubt the badge has been given to Kate or the royal family. It's way more likely that she is the current wearer of it and in the future, when another woman has that role, it will be worn by them :)

The brooch USED to be given to the best female cadet. They retired the brooch in favor of giving the best female cadet a sword just like the males. Presumably, the Air Cadets decided to give the brooch to the Duchess of Cambridge as their new Commandant as honestly it would never get worn otherwise.
Exactly. (although as I said, probably not given). It's a fancy, expensive brooch and it would have been a waste to just have it lay around after the change. This seem like a fitting way for the brooch to still get use :)

Exactly. (although as I said, probably not given). It's a fancy, expensive brooch and it would have been a waste to just have it lay around after the change. This seem like a fitting way for the brooch to still get use :)

Yeah, I should have said loaned as I don't think they gave it to her to keep, just to use in her capacity as their Commandant. :flowers:

The brooch would likely never be worn again, if Catherine didn't get this role. I get the feeling there will be other royal women in the future that will get this role and wear the brooch. Perhaps, Princess Charlotte.

^^^I agree hernameispekka. Likely it will be passed on to the next female patron to wear or for his spouse to use.

What an exquisite brooch ,do we know anything of its history?

After seeing the comments made in the Fashion thread about the brooch earlier today, I was more than leery of checking things out in here.

Phew!! Glad to see the discussion in here is both respectful and civil towards, not just the brooch, but the intent and history of it and what it means to the Air Cadets as well. Regardless of if you like it or not.

Which I do and that is a stunner!! As for those complaining they can't see it, I'm sorry but what!?! The first pics I saw were distant shots and just like someone else, I went, "WOW!!" How anyone can say that thing can't be seen, even w/Catherine's hair down, is just worrying to me because perhaps an eye checkup is due.

I am not being snotty or nasty either for the record. If Mom & I could see it in those distance pictures w/our Vision Issues w/out any problem, and some here are saying they can't, that to me is concerning and I really hope are not hints of something going on w/someone's vision.

After seeing the comments made in the Fashion thread about the brooch earlier today, I was more than leery of checking things out in here.

Phew!! Glad to see the discussion in here is both respectful and civil towards, not just the brooch, but the intent and history of it and what it means to the Air Cadets as well. Regardless of if you like it or not.

Which I do and that is a stunner!! As for those complaining they can't see it, I'm sorry but what!?! The first pics I saw were distant shots and just like someone else, I went, "WOW!!" How anyone can say that thing can't be seen, even w/Catherine's hair down, is just worrying to me because perhaps an eye checkup is due.

I am not being snotty or nasty either for the record. If Mom & I could see it in those distance pictures w/our Vision Issues w/out any problem, and some here are saying they can't, that to me is concerning and I really hope are not hints of something going on w/someone's vision.

I think the point of the 'cant see' is that it obscures the detail. Yes, the broach is so huge that her hair isn't hiding it all, but with it loose messy around the broach, you don't get a full view of the detail of it.

I think the point of the 'cant see' is that it obscures the detail. Yes, the broach is so huge that her hair isn't hiding it all, but with it loose messy around the broach, you don't get a full view of the detail of it.

Really? That's odd to me because even in those kind of pics, I could see enough detail to figure it out. Now if these weren't of the quality of even three years ago, I'd say you have a point, but in this age of HD Photography? I just don't get it.

Oh well...Apples and Oranges. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom