The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-05-2020, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I'm guessing that today's shamrock necklace (paired with the green print dress) is a part of a set with the earrings. I absolutely love it and could easily see myself wearing it often. Does anyone happen to know the company behind the silver shamrock jewelry?
https://danielladraper.com/mini-cupi...hamrock-charms

These are the shamrock earrings

Old 03-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Thanks...just in a quick search of the website it looks like this is probably the necklace...
https://danielladraper.com/silver-ba...mrock-necklace

Old 03-10-2020, 12:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

New earrings tonight. Erdem, the “Blue Crystal and Pearl Embellished Floral Drop” style ($322)

https://ufonomore.com/recently-added...rrings-in-blue
Old 03-10-2020, 12:48 AM
Courtier

They're very sweet - almost like wee Forget-Me-Nots.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Commonwealth Day Jewels 2020 | The Court Jeweller

Very beautiful earrings.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:36 AM
Majesty

I love that we have finally seen the whole demi-parure. When she first wore the necklace she had her hair tumbling down in curls mostly obscuring her earrings and I am guessing the longer matching pair would have quickly become entangled in her hair.

It is lovely watching the evolution of Catherine's jewellery flair now she has discovered she can look just as lovely with her hair up on occasion.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Thank you for that link. One comment was that maybe Kate dismantled the necklace to make the ruby earrings.
Also, there were photos of her with costume sapphire earrings with the blue gown at the place to be event. I hadn’t seen them as they were hidden in her hair in the pictures I saw
They are awful
Old 03-14-2020, 06:03 AM
Majesty

While the demi pasture earrings are quite sweet, I can't see them ruining a necklace to make them. Even if they are more "starter" earrings and would look wonderful on Charlotte one day, they are definitely evenwear.

As to the simulated blue things, the are nasty, looking rigid and having no movement to them. Why waste the money on second rate that when you have perfectly beautiful earrings in your own collection and access to HM private collection should she care to ask.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
While the demi pasture earrings are quite sweet, I can't see them ruining a necklace to make them. Even if they are more "starter" earrings and would look wonderful on Charlotte one day, they are definitely evenwear.
I have no doubt the earrings were a part of the demi parure and the necklace was not altered to extract the stones for the earrings.

That said, I am not a fan of the demi-parure. Neither the rubies or the diamonds are of a meaningful size, and the settings are hardly unique in any way.

Quote:
As to the simulated blue things, the are nasty, looking rigid and having no movement to them. Why waste the money on second rate that when you have perfectly beautiful earrings in your own collection and access to HM private collection should she care to ask.
I agree, little point in buying costume earrings when she has access to great sapphire and diamond jewellery. The QEQM's sapphire and diamond fringe earrings would have worked well with the dress.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:10 AM
Courtier

When I first saw the faux blue and pearl earrings, I thought they looked interesting. However, it wasn't a great picture and they were hidden in her hair which for once was an advantage. Once they were identified I thought they were ugly. As I said on her fashion thread, that dress deserved better. The earrings just re-enforce my feeling that Kate is clueless when I comes to jewelry. She buys a lot of overpriced stuff that I doubt will hold their value. She mixes pieces from the vault that don't go together and makes them look like costume pieces. I shutter to think what will happen when she has more access to the vault. i wonder if she is waiting to wear more of Diana's jewels once she becomes Princess of Wales.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree, little point in buying costume earrings when she has access to great sapphire and diamond jewellery. The QEQM's sapphire and diamond fringe earrings would have worked well with the dress.
I agree. The Queen's collection of jewels isn't seen enough so I wish she'd wear the things she has access to more often (including Diana's jewels).

Personally, I'm not a fan of costume jewellery that is 'fake' something. Where budget is a factor, I'd rather have real silver than fake gold, real semi-precious gemstones over fake precious ones.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

I really don't care for the Erdem earrings. As others have noted, the design itself is awkward, and that effect is doubled when the earrings are tangled in Catherine's hair. Perhaps they would have looked better with an updo, but I still wouldn't have liked the design much.

In general, I have no objection to costume jewelry if it's well done, and it can be a fun way to experiment. I tend to prefer real gold, silver, platinum, and real gemstones, but some of Catherine's costume jewelry has been very nice.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Let's keep in mind that Kate is probably gifted with a great deal of jewelry, which she then might feel obligated to wear on occasion.
(For example, I wouldn't be surprised if the Erdem earrings were a birthday present.)

And the ruby earrings probably go with that necklace she wore earlier. At the time it was mentioned that it was a wedding gift.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I think the above point is a very pertinent one. I imagine she received many gifts of jewellery as a ‘starter’ royal and is some cases there are significant reasons why a particular item is worn for an engagement. I think there is a good mix of jewels from the Duchess in recent years and I have liked some of her costume jewellery she has worn, particularly on overseas tours.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:46 AM
Majesty

Somehow I don't see the Duchess of Cambridge receiving costume jewellery as a weeing gift.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Somehow I don't see the Duchess of Cambridge receiving costume jewellery as a weeing gift.
The Erdem earrings were quite expensive.
Since Kate is known to like Erdem, it wouldn't surprise me if someone gave her a pair as a gift (though not necessarily a wedding gift).
After all, what would be a suitable gift for the Duchess of Cambridge, if you're not a billionaire?

The ruby earrings and necklace (the wedding gift) are probably authentic.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

Perhaps with everyone on extended down time, some of the super sleuths (not meant as an insult) on the forum can locate pictures of the jeweled hair pins in QEII’s jewel vault that would look great on DoC. Wish they were dusted off and used on her. Unless they have been repurposed in other pieces.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

Hair hair needed to be up for the Erdem earrings, didn't like them.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:26 AM
Majesty

I don't think Catherine knows how to mix and match her jewellery so that each piece enhances the other. The first time she wore the ruby necklace her hair was well and truly tangled in it and the earrings were a totally different style and size. Both were beautiful but not together. Just as the dainty ruby earrings were not shown to good effect against her ensemble.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I don't think Catherine knows how to mix and match her jewellery so that each piece enhances the other. The first time she wore the ruby necklace her hair was well and truly tangled in it and the earrings were a totally different style and size. Both were beautiful but not together. Just as the dainty ruby earrings were not shown to good effect against her ensemble.
Are you referring to the Ruby and Diamond necklace worn at the Sun Military Awards in 2011, with the black velvet gown? Has that necklace been worn since in public? I thought only the earrings from that demi-parure were used in March this year.