Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few overseas tours have tiara moments at banquets - bar visiting other monarchies, all tours are more informal now compared to when the Queen toured

Yes that is why i was pleasantly surprised that there was such a formal Banquet.

I didn't expect a Tiara on this tour as it rarely done but the jewels were perfect on the duchess.

Such a missed opprtunity to bring out a tiara. The Halo Scroll would have been perfet for an occasioin like this.

Tiara's tend to only be worn at state visits, or occassions of state. As only the Head of State can carriy out state visits, all other visits by the PoW and the Duke of Cambridge are official visits. These official visits are black tie events, with no tiaras. The one exception is the CHOGM meetings.

The only times Camilla has worn a tiara overseas have been at CHOGM meetings (2007, 2013, 2015) or the dinner to celebate the end of the reign of Queen Beatrix (2013).

I never liked this modern emerald set of the Queen's - I always hope when Kate wears emeralds that one day we will see her in Diana's Art Deco emerald and diamond earrings and bracelet that Charles gave in the early 1980s as a present

I never liked this modern emerald set of the Queen's - I always hope when Kate wears emeralds that one day we will see her in Diana's Art Deco emerald and diamond earrings and bracelet that Charles gave in the early 1980s as a present

I was never a fan of this demi-parure when worn by HM, but I think the earrings work very well for Catherine.

:flowers: That is a spectacular set of emeralds.

Tiara's tend to only be worn at state visits, or occassions of state. As only the Head of State can carriy out state visits, all other visits by the PoW and the Duke of Cambridge are official visits. These official visits are black tie events, with no tiaras. The one exception is the CHOGM meetings.

The only times Camilla has worn a tiara overseas have been at CHOGM meetings (2007, 2013, 2015) or the dinner to celebate the end of the reign of Queen Beatrix (2013).

But as they are as represntatives of HM these is also some sort of occasion of state.

But i know the british royals don't like to bring out their tiaras. Pity. Because other royals also wear their tiaras at black tie Events.

The emeralds and brooch made my day. What a fabulous design on those earring, I love the gradations of the diamonds

That brooch is a beautiful work of art. Years ago I tried to keep track of Her Majesties brooches and I lost count at 145. A former member here kept a data base of when the brooches were worn etc. I suspect with so many brooches in her collection several have probably never been worn in public where photo's were there to record it. Perhaps it has been worn without us seeing photographic evidence of it.

It’s very striking brooch. How wonderful that Kate was able to wear it on this tour as representing the monarch, given the likelihood that Jamaica might soon be a republic. I hope that we get to see it again rather than it be consigned to the vaults.

Kate seems to have full access to the vaults; hope she makes use of other rarely-seen pieces.

From her evening gown thread:

Stunning! Duchess of Cambridge with dress by Phillipa Lepley attends tonight a reception hosted by the Governor General at the Baha Mar Hotel.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ed-by-the-at-picture-id1387752092?s=2048x2048
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ls-reception-picture-id1387743905?s=2048x2048

All her style

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbi-_phvDNY/

So let me whine about her jewel here ;)

First, I loathe this suite from the first time she wore it. Well mostly the necklace, she can keep the earrings but the necklace is tricky and ugly.

And the necklace doesn't go well the neckline. There aren't many necklines look good with a negligee necklace. That neckline needs a necklace with big center elements or pendant. The Nizam of Hyderabad and Brazilian Aquamarine came to my mind immediately, maybe even the massive opal necklace, but probably over the top and not suitable for this occasion. Anyway the gown has great potential. Hope to see it again with some serious jewels in future.

Last edited:
Some light blue sapphires and/or diamonds in her ears with her hair in a high updo would have been simply ravishing.

Kate's hairstyle and accessories (except the elegant clutch) don't match that dress. Both seem a little too casual for it.

But I hope we will see this gown again, because along with the emerald green tulle it is truly beautiful.

From her evening gown thread:

So let me whine about her jewel here ;)

First, I loathe this suite from the first time she wore it. Well mostly the necklace, she can keep the earrings but the necklace is tricky and ugly.

And the necklace doesn't go well the neckline. There aren't many necklines look good with a negligee necklace. That neckline needs a necklace with big center elements or pendant. The Nizam of Hyderabad and Brazilian Aquamarine came to my mind immediately, maybe even the massive opal necklace, but probably over the top and not suitable for this occasion. Anyway the gown has great potential. Hope to see it again with some serious jewels in future.
I agree with you on all points

The Duchess of Cambridge earrings today:

"The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing earrings with a bee and honeycomb charms for the opening of The Glade of Light Memorial to commemorate the victims of the 2017 terrorist attack in Manchester. The bee is an symbol of the city, its workers were dubbed “busy bees” in the past"

That is such a moving story behind Catherine’s unique earrings.

Last edited:
The whole outfit is stunning and the story around the earrings well it's very touching .. she is a gracious thoughtful and very powerful woman

The whole outfit is stunning and the story around the earrings well it's very touching .. she is a gracious thoughtful and very powerful woman

What is the story around the earrings?

What a perfect earrings for this night!!!

So officially the sapphire earrings she previously worn aren't remade from Diana's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom