Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is the first time. What is more surprising is that the Queen has been wearing the Dubai sapphire demi-parure from time to time, and she rarely shares jewellery she is still using.

But then she wore the Greville ruby necklace after Catherine has worn it.

I'm pleased the RF is now using the Greville collection. I know they didn't for years after they received the bequest, and Mrs. Greville had some spectacular jewels.

I'm pleased the RF is now using the Greville collection. I know they didn't for years after they received the bequest, and Mrs. Greville had some spectacular jewels.

Elements of the Greville bequest started to be used soon after the war, when Princess Elizabeth was gifted the ruby and diamond bandeau necklace as a wedding present. From quite early in the current reign, QEQM used the Boucheron tiara regularly.

The duchess really has some stunning collection of earrings :previous:

In photographs on Getty Images the earring tops look like green stones. Is this a reflection and the lighting or are the stones actually green?

The duchess really has some stunning collection of earrings :previous:

I agree. It's an amazing collection of earrings. As QEII wears pins and the Duchess of Cornwall wears pearl necklaces, the Duchess of Cambridge wears earrings, both real and paste.

Other sites are saying that they are the Kiki morganite earrings worn to her sister’s wedding

I am so pleased that Her Maj has lent these earrings to Catherine they are quite a substanial jewel that should be worn. They suit Catherine also.

I am so pleased that Her Maj has lent these earrings to Catherine they are quite a substanial jewel that should be worn. They suit Catherine also.

I agree, the earrings work well for Catherine. It is good to see her use them for events like this.

Last edited:
Really lovely to see the duchess wearing them again and a stunning pair of earrings.

These earrings may have been left to Charles or William directly by the Queen Mother.

These earrings may have been left to Charles or William directly by the Queen Mother.

Not sure why that would happen, when they could be left to The Queen in an inheritance tax free transfer.

"The necklace and the earrings the Duchess of Cambridge wore today are the same ones she wore when she met the Ukrainian President and his wife in 2019"

Often these get earrings get reported as Princess Diana's sapphire earrings but I was reading an article which compares them and you can tell they are entirely different earrings.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2016/07/kates-jewelry-box-diamond-and-sapphire.html

Therefore I wonder where these earrings and necklace have come from?

Often these get earrings get reported as Princess Diana's sapphire earrings but I was reading an article which compares them and you can tell they are entirely different earrings.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2016/07/kates-jewelry-box-diamond-and-sapphire.html

Therefore I wonder where these earrings and necklace have come from?

I, too, am of the opinion that the earrings were not ones previously used by Diana. The design is not uncommon, so could have either come from the royal vaults, or could have been acquired for Catherine by either Charles or William. She had been wearing them since 2011, soon after her wedding.

In the evening of the 23rd, the Duchess looks to be wearing emeralds that belong to the Queen; they MAY be from Kuwait but I don't know. They, earrings and bracelet, look gorgeous on Duchess Catherine.

In the evening of the 23rd, the Duchess looks to be wearing emeralds that belong to the Queen; they MAY be from Kuwait but I don't know. They, earrings and bracelet, look gorgeous on Duchess Catherine.
According to this blog post another suggested origin of the emerald tassel parure is the U.A.E. but again there's been no official confirmation.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Emerald Tassel Parure

The Emerald earrings and bracelet are part of a demi parure. Missing is the diamond necklace with 4 diamond tassels with 4 Emerald drops. My information that I kept from many years ago, I have this set as being from the UAE to the Queen. My information is either from Royalty, or Majesty magazine or Royal Jewels of the World Message board.
I don't usually write down where the info came from.

At any rate Catherine looks lovely and has satisfied my bling lust.

Always thought she looks better with yellow gold jewellery than the classic white gold. The sapphire earrings from last year look fantastic on her, same for these earrings and bracelet.

I always want to see her use the sapphire loop set from Dubai, the cabachon ruby set from Qatar and this emerald set. Hope she will borrow these jewelleries, especially the necklace more often.

Great to see Catherine wear parts of the Emerald Tassel Demi-Parure. I thought she wore the earrings with confidence and they matched the dress and the event well.

Such a missed opprtunity to bring out a tiara. The Halo Scroll would have been perfet for an occasioin like this.

Such a missed opprtunity to bring out a tiara. The Halo Scroll would have been perfet for an occasioin like this.

Very few overseas tours have tiara moments at banquets - bar visiting other monarchies, all tours are more informal now compared to when the Queen toured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom