Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! They are quite pretty.

LaRae

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago Bhutan
Kate wearing a necklace given to her by the Queen of Bhutan as we prepare to fly to Agra on the royal flight.

Lovely gift from the queen, and great reminder of the trip :flowers: I would love a closer look at the detail but stunning from here.

The necklace is one of the eight auspicious symbols in Buddhism - the endless knot, which symbolises the union of wisdom and great compassion.

Such a lovely thoughtful gift from the Queen.

I can see Kate wearing this necklace on numerous occasions in the future - it suits her understated style and has a lovely association with its symbolism and as a memory of a very special trip

I love the earrings. Wonderful to see her wearing them for this last event. I hope they make it out of her jewelry box at home. Both them and the necklace from the queen are great reminders of her trip that could get real use.

Pretty necklace nicely featured with the white outfit. She needed a necklace with the orange long dress, imo

do we know more about the pendant that jetsun pema gave kate? (if there is any significance to it, for example?)

I love the necklace- gorgeous and incredibly symbolic. I'm sure it will be a special keepsake from the tour.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It's not to my liking, but I think this is Catherine's first piece of jewelry from a foreign royal. She must felt very special and grateful to have received it from The Queen.

I do like the necklace design but I think the most important thing is to realize the significance of the Eternal Knot. It is one of the Eight Auspices in Buddhism and has meaning behind it.

The Auspicious or Endless Knot is a geometric diagram which symbolizes the
nature of reality where everything is interrelated and only exists as part of a web of karma and its effect. Having no beginning or end, it also represents the infinite wisdom of the Buddha, and the union of compassion and wisdom. Also, it represents the illusory character of time, and long life as it is endless.

I'd like to think that Queen Jetsun Pema presented this to Kate as a symbolic gesture that they have started a friendship that will only get stronger in time and also as a symbol of unity and common ground between the UK and Bhutan.

I do like the necklace design but I think the most important thing is to realize the significance of the Eternal Knot. It is one of the Eight Auspices in Buddhism and has meaning behind it.

The Auspicious or Endless Knot is a geometric diagram which symbolizes the

nature of reality where everything is interrelated and only exists as part of a web of karma and its effect. Having no beginning or end, it also represents the infinite wisdom of the Buddha, and the union of compassion and wisdom. Also, it represents the illusory character of time, and long life as it is endless.

I'd like to think that Queen Jetsun Pema presented this to Kate as a symbolic gesture that they have started a friendship that will only get stronger in time and also as a symbol of unity and common ground between the UK and Bhutan.

Exactly- it's not just a design, it's an important religious symbol with a deep and interesting philosophy behind it. A very thoughtful gift.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think it's quite charming and while it's not my personal taste it's a very pretty piece...but the meaning of it and the fact it was a personal gift from the Queen of Bhutan make it more significant.

LaRae

And then, in 2014, Monica hit the jackpot. The Duchess of Cambridge – who, let’s face it, isn’t short of jewellery options – wore the designer’s Riva collection earrings (£745) and necklace (£2,000) to an evening gala at the Natural History Museum.
‘I knew nothing about it as my press team had lent them to her people and they’d told them to tell no one else in the company,’ says Monica.
The bracelets that built a £25m business empire: An interview with jewellery designer Monica Vinader | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom