Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, then it was smart of Camilla and Charles not to repeat Lilian and Leopold's mistake.

Personally, I think the Belgian people just used this as an excuse to complain because they already disliked Lilian.
The DOC did and believe has on a few occasions worn a Prince of Wales brooch that HRH The Princess of Wales wore as a necklace. There was commentary.

The DOC did and believe has on a few occasions worn a Prince of Wales brooch that HRH The Princess of Wales wore as a necklace. There was commentary.
It has been discussions of the excistance of two such brooches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's return to the topic of this thread, which is the jewelry of the Duchess of Cambridge. Further off-topic posts on the Duchess of Cornwall or Diana, Princess of Wales, will be removed.

I quite like that acorn leaf brooch. It looks pretty old to me, but I don't think that I have seen it on another royal lady before. Given that the Queen has an enormous brooch collection, inluding loads of her late mother's brooches, I find it disappointing that Kate wasn't given one or two. Or maybe she has some and doesn't like to wear them?

I quite like that acorn leaf brooch. It looks pretty old to me, but I don't think that I have seen it on another royal lady before. Given that the Queen has an enormous brooch collection, inluding loads of her late mother's brooches, I find it disappointing that Kate wasn't given one or two. Or maybe she has some and doesn't like to wear them?
Maybe she has, or they ended up with Camilla since she seem to be more of a brooch wearer and Kate gets earrings instead :)

I have also gotten the feeling the brooch is vintage. Maybe someone picked it up for her in an antique store around the wedding :)

Maybe she has, or they ended up with Camilla since she seem to be more of a brooch wearer and Kate gets earrings instead :)

I have also gotten the feeling the brooch is vintage. Maybe someone picked it up for her in an antique store around the wedding :)
Since the acorn theme corresponds with the Middleton coat of arms and her wedding earrings, it would make sense to buy this acorn brooch for her.

Agree beautiful collection. I love the earrings and because i'm fan of small pieces i like very much the Diamond Cushion Drop.

Yep...favorites for me are the Queen Mary Tiara and the Queen Mother's Sapphire earring set.

LaRae

Finally a State Banquet, wearing those two gorgeous bracelets, the Queen Mother's sapphire earings and last not least Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara, just to name a few. Yes, it was a great jewels year for her, and I hope that we will see the like of it next year as well.

Finally a State Banquet, wearing those two gorgeous bracelets, the Queen Mother's sapphire earings and last not least Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara, just to name a few. Yes, it was a great jewels year for her, and I hope that we will see the like of it next year as well.
Exactly. Add to that the emerald earrings and bracelet she wore in New York late last year and she is really upping her jewellry game!!

Hopefully this past, 'sparkling' year puts paid to the idea that the Duchess is reluctant to wear the bejewelled heritage that comes with her role as a senior member of the BRF.

Onwards and upwards in 2016, Ma'am...

She may be minimalistic when it comes to everyday jewelry wear but when she has the occasion to sparkle, she does it with exquisite taste. She just seems to have the knack of being able to carry off quite a few pieces and they look like they accentuate the ensemble perfectly rather than like some I've seen, where the jewelry looks so far out of place it appears gaudy.

Hopefully this past, 'sparkling' year puts paid to the idea that the Duchess is reluctant to wear the bejewelled heritage that comes with her role as a senior member of the BRF.

Onwards and upwards in 2016, Ma'am...
d

Well said

I thought it was very nice, generous and touching for The Queen to lend her some jewels that she haven't let anyone else borrow before. I think she started with the Nizam of Hyderabad diamond necklace, and she has continued doing so.

I agree Dman. The most touching example though, for me, had to be The Queen lending Kate her wedding bracelet designed for her by Philip and made out of jewels from his mother I believe. That wasn't a loan from the royal vaults but a very personal loan I think.

I thought it was very nice, generous and touching for The Queen to lend her some jewels that she haven't let anyone else borrow before. I think she started with the Nizam of Hyderabad diamond necklace, and she has continued doing so.

To me, the first noteable piece of jewellery from the Queen's collection that Catherine has worn was the long diamond earrings first worn in California, and then again at the Diplomatic Banquets and the state banquet. HM herself had used the earrings in the 1950s, but not since.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Dman. The most touching example though, for me, had to be The Queen lending Kate her wedding bracelet designed for her by Philip and made out of jewels from his mother I believe. That wasn't a loan from the royal vaults but a very personal loan I think.
I agree. Especially since she still wears it from time to time. That was humongous!

To me, the first noteable piece of jewellery from the Queen's collection that Catherine has worn was the long diamond earrings first worn in California, and then again at the Diplomatic Banquets and the state banquet. HM herself had used the earrings in the 1950s, but not since.
Is there a picture of HM's chandelier earrings on loan to Catherine? To specify, pic of HM wearing those earrings.

Is there a picture of HM's chandelier earrings on loan to Catherine? To specify, pic of HM wearing those earrings.

I don't have a picture to hand, but I have seen it in the comments section once on the Order of Splendor blog.

I don't have a picture to hand, but I have seen it in the comments section once on the Order of Splendor blog.
Do you have any idea what topic it could have been? I was trying to find one for a long time.

HM the Queen has never worn the earrings sported by the Duchess of Cambridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom