Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 2: December 2011 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw close ups through a link at Twitter. When those make it over here, jaws will fly open as those earrings are WOWZA!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I saw close ups through a link at Twitter. When those make it over here, jaws will fly open as those earrings are WOWZA!!!
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I posted close ups but they are burried somewhere in the comments:
Emeralds: https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...6254/757854277636773/?type=1&relevant_count=1
Patrick Mavros large crocodiles worn to the conservation reception:
https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...6254/758191034269764/?type=1&relevant_count=1
UFO ones: https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...6254/757022321053302/?type=1&relevant_count=1

I know I'm the only one but , I don't like those earrings on Kate I like the jewelry just not with what she is wearing. The earrings are too much for the gown. I think Maxima or Camilla could work those earrings for me they aren't working on Kate.

I think that she is gradually getting used to wearing the "big stuff". Some of that takes a lot of getting used to wearing if you haven't made a habit of it.
Absolutely LOVING the fact she had her hair up!! It is about time. Now if only she could do that for us droolers when she wears a gorgeous necklace for an appearance.
The earrings are perfect on their own, that is why she did not need anything around her neck.
Camilla couldn't simply because she won't wear her hair up. Those earrings need upswept to carry them off.

I very much liked the earrings.... they are the first real bling ring she has worn so far to be fair

There was the one tiara event this year. Unfortunately, it was very difficult to get anything of her in it that wasn't in the limo. But hey, at least it is a start.

There was the one tiara event this year. Unfortunately, it was very difficult to get anything of her in it that wasn't in the limo. But hey, at least it is a start.
That was exactly year ago. And we only saw pic of her in the limo.
She did wore ruby Mouavad necklace and bracelet to Sun Millitary Awards in 2012.

I think that she is gradually getting used to wearing the "big stuff". Some of that takes a lot of getting used to wearing if you haven't made a habit of it.
Absolutely LOVING the fact she had her hair up!! It is about time. Now if only she could do that for us droolers when she wears a gorgeous necklace for an appearance.
The earrings are perfect on their own, that is why she did not need anything around her neck.
Camilla couldn't simply because she won't wear her hair up. Those earrings need upswept to carry them off.

I think that's just it, Catherine have to get used to wearing the "big stuff." Crown Princess Mary has said in a documentary interview that it took her a while to get used to the idea that she suppose to wear the family jewels. There are a lot of family heirlooms for Catherine to wear and play with. She's going to receive even more jewelry as gifts as well.

Are there yellow diamonds happening in those earrings or do my eyes deceive me? Either way they are truly glorious.

The wearing of jewels went out of fashion with the BRF years ago. Outside of a State Visit and Diplomats reception there isn't any jewel/tiara occasions and even then there are not many photos released.

The days of royals in Britain dripping in jewels are over.

The wearing of jewels went out of fashion with the BRF years ago. Outside of a State Visit and Diplomats reception there isn't any jewel/tiara occasions and even then there are not many photos released.

The days of royals in Britain dripping in jewels are over.

Which is a shame and I think they should bring back at least some of that glamour. They used to release formal and informal pictures. Now it only happens once in a blue moon...and that's only from The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh.

Which is a shame and I think they should bring back at least some of that glamour. They used to release formal and informal pictures. Now it only happens once in a blue moon...and that's only from The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh.

I'm an American so I love seeing the women of the BRF wearing loads of bling. However, I think they are trying to be more low-key about showing their wealth. I mean, some taxpayers in Britain seem to complain about everything the royals do so not wearing humongous jewels as much as they used to do might be a way of appeasing those people.

I think the Duchess looked amazing in those emerald earrings. The color of the jewelry and the dress were a perfect match for the tartan colors of St. Andrews. She looked lovely.

To those ID's:
I posted close ups but they are burried somewhere in the comments:
Emeralds: https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...6254/757854277636773/?type=1&relevant_count=1
Patrick Mavros large crocodiles worn to the conservation reception:
https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...6254/758191034269764/?type=1&relevant_count=1
We can add latest ID, in New York, Kate wore Kenneth Jay Lane earrings
https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...99334aacb02&size=731,557&fbid=760753407346860

A jewellery designer beloved of the Duchess of Cambridge is to be honoured with an MBE for her services to fashion.
Nikki Gewirtz, 44, the founder of Lola Rose, will join an exclusive club of designers recognised for their work, among them Anya Hindmarch, Betty Jackson and Alice Temperley.
Speaking to MailOnline, Gewirtz says she was 'absolutely delighted and humbled' to spot her name on the New Year's Honours list, which also included actresses Joan Collins and Sheridan Smith.

Lola Rose designer loved by Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge 'humbled' over MBE | Daily Mail Online

Interesting. I can't seem to recall what jewelry she has born by her...?

Also, I have to add. I'm still gobsmacked from the jewelry she wore at the MET! So amazing looking. Regal but not over the top. Big but not against her style. More of that, please!

Also, do anyone know if there is a way to "guesstimate" the origin of the new Emerald jewelry she wore? Like by setting and such compare to creators, or some jewelry expert guessing where from that kind of jewelry usually comes etc. I know we are guessing some Middle Eastern countries based on the size and the custom of jewelry as gifts from them.. But is it a way to guess based on the variables of the jewelry?

(Sorry for my lack of knowledge :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm the only one but , I don't like those earrings on Kate I like the jewelry just not with what she is wearing. The earrings are too much for the gown. I think Maxima or Camilla could work those earrings for me they aren't working on Kate.
I think you have to be confident and style your hair and gown, preferably in an updo, to display the ears, jaw, and decolletage. Especially with those knockout beauties such as these earrings.

I very much liked the earrings.... they are the first real bling ring she has worn so far to be fair
No quite . . . HM loaned her the fabulous Nizam of Hyderabad necklace. The necklace was made by Cartier with 38 diamonds, with a diamond-encrusted snap. It has a detachable double-drop pendant, made of 13 emerald-cut diamonds and a pear-shaped drop, forms the pave-set center of the necklace. The design was based on English roses.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/9c8e2c01460f23c8824f594c3184ba67/tumblr_n0umi7rSGu1rplecvo1_500.jpg

It was worn by the Duchess of Cambridge, after she was lent it by Queen Elizabeth II, for a charity fundraiser on 12 February 2014

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/11/article-2557090-1B665DE900000578-941_470x652.jpg

And that my friends is as good as it gets, because while the neckline of her gown was designed to showcase that fabulous necklace, it spent most of the evening tangled up in, or totally obscured by, her hair.

Last edited:
:previous: I had forgotten the fab Nizam precisely because of her hair that spoilt everything:whistling:

Didn't Lola Rose make a dress for Kate? Or was that Lela Rose?
Lela Rose is a brand of the dress Kate wore.
Lola Rose is a jewellery brand, with which Kate is associated. She wore two of her necklaces:
1) https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...oe=5540E462&size=829,566&fbid=292573310831541
2)https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...f52e958667c&size=703,616&fbid=292573544164851
, and helped designed a pendant, while working at Jigsaw.
https://www.facebook.com/1324261968...2d8312d6106&size=733,612&fbid=359693114119560

Kate has worn gowns plenty of times. She is not a jewerly person. You dont have to be a certain age for incredible jewels just style to make it your own.
Not a judgement. Its just obvious to me.

I can't help but wonder if the reason Catherine isn't wearing any of the jewels is because the Queen hasn't decided to loan any to her yet. Although Catherine wears her gowns beautifully, she doesn't often style her hair in a way which would showcase any of the gems. Her hair is usually hanging down on both sides which would obscure many beautiful pieces. Just a thought.

I can see that. Tiaras and other jewelry around the face and neck should be shown completely not hidden behind hair no matter how pretty said hair is. In my opinion it is time for a sleeker more sophisticated do for her anyway.She is the wife and mother of future kings and a royal dutchess not a 19 year old school girl any more.

I can't help but wonder if the reason Catherine isn't wearing any of the jewels is because the Queen hasn't decided to loan any to her yet. Although Catherine wears her gowns beautifully, she doesn't often style her hair in a way which would showcase any of the gems. Her hair is usually hanging down on both sides which would obscure many beautiful pieces. Just a thought.

Catherine has worn a couple of jewels that she borrowed from the Queen. I think she have access to her late mother-in-law's jewels as well. I just think it'll take some time to get use to the fact that it's her place to wear them. She could play around Diana's suite too. Diana changed things around from time to time, so could she.

I can't help but wonder if the reason Catherine isn't wearing any of the jewels is because the Queen hasn't decided to loan any to her yet.
Catherine would have received some very nice and very serious jewellery as gifts from various people at the time of her wedding; we just haven't seen any of it yet. She would also have received further serious jewellery following the birth of Prince George, a long-standing royal tradition which I'd assume continues to this day.

It's not a glamour time right now....the 80's type of excess are over for now. I doubt we will see anything major except on rare occasion until after she's queen. Even then probably only during special events etc. After Charles is King I don't forsee many grand events either as he (seems to me) to not be a fan of all the fuss.

LaRae

After Charles is King I don't forsee many grand events either as he (seems to me) to not be a fan of all the fuss.

I can't agree there, as it's CERTAIN that Charles is a connoisseur of fine jewellery [as proven by the collection he has amassed for his wife], and loves to see the women around him bedecked in the finery that is his [and their] heritage.

I hope his reign will be a glittering one !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom