Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is some beautiful jewelry pieces. She looks wonderful, as usual.

I wonder if those earrings were Charles' token of appreciation for Kate's impromptu hostessing duties at CH. Just speculating.....

ETA - a poster on another forum speculated that these earrings could have been a wedding gift from the Queen, possibly a part of the Greville estate which is known to have many art-deco jewels. We can only speculate, but they definitely do have the AD design.

Last edited:
I love her hair as she wears it tonight: down and swooped smoothly on one side and pinned back on the other. Very dramatic and beautiful -- and it gave us a good look at some lovely earrings we have not seen her wear before. The bracelet is her now-standard evening dress-up fare that we saw at the BAFTA dinner and when she substituted recently for The Prince of Wales.

I think if you look closely, Kate's earrings have a flat paddle-like effect while Anne's is more of a single drop style. There is a difference, but it's hard to see Anne's earrings clearly. What a knockout she was in her younger days, BTW.

love the new earrings. Art deco's lool, perfect with the type of dress she choose.

Totally goregous earring I really wnat to own them .... beautiful.

I love those earrings.

I love Kate's new earrings, they are really stunning, in absolute the best pair she's ever worn.

I wonder if those earrings were Charles' token of appreciation for Kate's impromptu hostessing duties at CH. Just speculating.....

ETA - a poster on another forum speculated that these earrings could have been a wedding gift from the Queen, possibly a part of the Greville estate which is known to have many art-deco jewels. We can only speculate, but they definitely do have the AD design.

Looking at both - bracelet and earings - I am wondering a little bit. Both have a touch of Art Deco - but with this geometrical design, they could also be quite new. (that's the lovely thing about art deco pieces ;)). Whatsoever - I am thrilled that the DoC (Cambridge) is starting to use some of the bigger pieces. Maybe she was following our board discussions?:whistling:

I know Michelle posted this earlier, but here's the same photo with closeups of the earrings at the bottom.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=300007&sid=18ee16fb25678cd3641009ed89b3ac29

And I know you'll probably think I'm way out in left field, but I immediately thought of the quintessential example of art deco architecture when I saw these earrings: the Chrysler Building in New York. The inverted central part of the earrings just seemed to emulate the outline of the building (sans antennae). What do you think?

http://newconstructionmanhattan.com...iew_Chrysler_Building_Landmark_New_York_2.jpg

I'm thinking a chandelier style? Very pretty. I wish she would put her hair up. :ohmy:

Definitely in agreement about the hair; if Kate put it up in a Grecian style to emulate the style of the dress, she'd have looked extremely sophisticated and those earrings would have been brilliantly displayed.

Last edited:
Those look like new earrings, very art deco. I personally think they are very pretty and they do look good on Kate.

someone posted this on a fb fanpage called "what kate wore" - very interesting the earrings really appear to be the same ....
Similar earrings, via a blog comment from 'French Girl,' they are part of a 2010 blog post previewing an upcoming vintage jewelry trunk show. To see the entire post: Metier: Estate Jewelry Trunk Show Preview

Just click on the link in the post, it is really incredible how similar the earrings look ...

I think it would be really cool if Kate's earrings were paste. Real princesses don't need diamonds!

But is she a real princess would be the appropriate question to this statement ;-) Technically she is Princess William and not Princess Catherine ... Sorry I couldn't resist ;-)

I believe that after you marry a prince, you are a princess! I hope I'm not wrong about that! :)

Yes, Kate is a princess and is ranked as such, but is styled as the Duchess of Cambridge rather than Princess William. :flowers:

And, Kit, I have to agree about the earrings; they look amazingly like Kate's from what I can see from her photos. Really lovely detail. And one of us lucky ladies can buy the paste version for $775 US!

Last edited:
I know Michelle posted this earlier, but here's the same photo with closeups of the earrings at the bottom.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/download/file.php?id=300007&sid=18ee16fb25678cd3641009ed89b3ac29

And I know you'll probably think I'm way out in left field, but I immediately thought of the quintessential example of art deco architecture when I saw these earrings: the Chrysler Building in New York. The inverted central part of the earrings just seemed to emulate the outline of the building (sans antennae). What do you think?

http://newconstructionmanhattan.com...iew_Chrysler_Building_Landmark_New_York_2.jpg

Oh yes, I see what you mean. Perhaps we should name this pair her Art Deco diamond drop earrings. They do need a name to distinguish them from the other diamond drop pair. Any other suggestions?

I wish she would wear her hair up, such a beautiful earrings need better display.
I must confess that I'm not a big fan of art-deco style (not enough 'bling-bling' for me) but this piece is very nice. Kate has nice collection of rather simple but interesting pieces of jewelery.

Oh yes, I see what you mean. Perhaps we should name this pair her Art Deco diamond drop earrings. They do need a name to distinguish them from the other diamond drop pair. Any other suggestions?

How about the Chrysler Building earrings? :D

Scarebaby said:
I think it would be really cool if Kate's earrings were paste. Real princesses don't need diamonds!

I'm a bit disappointed that they aren't real diamonds...I was hoping we were finally starting to see Kate wear some of the good stuff. I do like that she mixed it with her diamond bracelet. She just hasn't shared her trove yet and I'm getting anxious. They are beautiful nonetheless.

I'm a bit disappointed that they aren't real diamonds...I was hoping we were finally starting to see Kate wear some of the good stuff. I do like that she mixed it with her diamond bracelet. She just hasn't shared her trove yet and I'm getting anxious. They are beautiful nonetheless.

I don't think we know that for a fact, do we?

:previous:Correct, the earrings that resemble Kate's on the estate jewelry site are paste, but that doesn't mean what she wore isn't the real thing. Especially if given to her by someone in the RF.

:previous:Correct, the earrings that resemble Kate's on the estate jewelry site are paste, but that doesn't mean what she wore isn't the real thing. Especially if given to her by someone in the RF.

It is officially confirmed by Beaut Jewellery ((Beaut Jewellery)) that Catherine's Art Deco earrings is part of their vintage collection, and they are available for purchase. In other words, they are not paste, but rhinestones/CZs.

It would appear that Metier boutique in San Francisco passed off the same earrings as paste circa 1930, even though it's the same earrings sold by Beaut Jewellery. Possibly both stores bought/ordered the earrings from the same jewelry manufacturer.

Last edited:
Interesting; so that sounds like Kate got her earrings from Beaut Jewellery, unless it was the genuine article from a member of the RF.

Last edited:
With all the wonderful earrings that I guess are available for Kate for wear, plus the wediing gifts we might assume she's received privately, I find it hard to believe that these are anything other than real diamonds.

From Beaut Jewellery:

P R E S S R E L E A S E

11th November 2011

We can confirm that the earrings worn by the Duchess of Cambridge on Thursday are from Beaut’s Vintage Collection. The design worn by the Duchess of Cambridge is part of the collection supplied exclusively to Jenny Packham.

The earrings are silver with 9ct hoops with crystal paste stones and hand set in London.

Beaut is a small concession based in Grays Antique Markets who specialize in bespoke, bridal and vintage style jewellery.

Beaut Limited
Grays Antique Mews |South Molton Lane |Mayfair |London |W1
T: 020 7629 0688| 07771 628050 Beaut Jewellery

With all the wonderful earrings that I guess are available for Kate for wear, plus the wediing gifts we might assume she's received privately, I find it hard to believe that these are anything other than real diamonds.

She used to wear lots of faux jewelry/sterling silver and gold plated earrings even before she married Prince William, so it's not that hard to believe that these earring aren't diamonds. There will be numerous occasions in the future where she will be wearing real diamonds and historical pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom