Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope Kate wears something on her head or in her hair for the dinner. BTW, this is not a "state" visit, is it? I thought only the Queen does state visits.

In one of the Wimbledon photos, it looks like Kate's cypher bracelet has another charm, or is it where she's just used one of the links for the join and the spare links are hanging down.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-favourit-charm-bracelet-present-Camilla.html (second photo)

Although I'm not a fan of the bracelet, I sure am glad Kate likes it.

Last edited:
I don't often buy this magazine ,but "Hello" has some really nice photos of William and Catherine ,when they met members of the Irish guards. They say that the brooch that Catherine is wearing was presented to the Queen Mother to mark both her 100th birthday and that of the regiment.

'A source close to the couple' is a euphemism for this board. This information has been known for the past two days. The Daily Mail uses the same cropped photo I posted showing Camilla's cypher.

By the way, Camilla has a charm bracelet but it's not the same bracelet as Kate's.

Funny idea, but given the knowledge of the board members it could well be! :flowers:

I wonder why the DM is reacting so surprised that the bracelet could be a gift from Camilla. Catherine has been around William for years and was already his girl- and most-trusted friend when Charles got engaged to Camilla. So I bet Catherine's influence was recognized as positive by Charles and Camilla and they are known never to forget who has been a loyal and trusted friend. Plus the bracelet with the two "C"s could be an insider joke of the Waleses and the Cambridges. Which would tell a lot about the Diana-C-C-pre-wedding story....

'A source close to the couple' is a euphemism for this board. This information has been known for the past two days. The Daily Mail uses the same cropped photo I posted showing Camilla's cypher.

By the way, Camilla has a charm bracelet but it's not the same bracelet as Kate's.

well done! :flowers:

Isn't it Camilla's MO to "befriend" someone as part of a larger manipulative plot. Isn't that what she did to Diana? I think that Camilla wisely used the "gift" to get some of the best press she's had in ages.

Camilla is jealous that the engagement ring her husband gave his first wife has become such a powerful symbol of love and devotion (albeit son to mother). She just wants to interfere- to interrupt things a bit, like when she gave Charles the bracelet for his honeymoon.

Kudos to Kate- a brilliant social strategist. She understands the importance of wearing the charm bracelet with for two events.

Diana's other great legacy- she has transformed a once vulnerable position (the newcomer) into a shockingly powerful one. Kate is not at the mercy of the palace. Quite the reverse, and over time, even more so. Kate is nothing if not disciplined and patient.

Oh dear, what could Camilla do and not get critisied by some people :ermm:

Isn't it Camilla's MO to "befriend" someone as part of a larger manipulative plot. Isn't that what she did to Diana? I think that Camilla wisely used the "gift" to get some of the best press she's had in ages.

Camilla is jealous that the engagement ring her husband gave his first wife has become such a powerful symbol of love and devotion (albeit son to mother). She just wants to interfere- to interrupt things a bit, like when she gave Charles the bracelet for his honeymoon.
I really hope we can move on from this kind of remark. I thought this was a thread to discuss the jewellery not the intentions of the giver

Isn't it Camilla's MO to "befriend" someone as part of a larger manipulative plot. Isn't that what she did to Diana? I think that Camilla ....

Sometimes a bracelet is just a bracelet. Goodness me.

That's old tabloid gossip that's not at all in keeping with what the public now knows about the Duchess of Cornwall. She's apparently very kind, very warm, and very down to earth, and there's no reason on earth to think this is anything other than what it appears to be: a lovely gesture welcoming Catherine into her family. And they are very much her family at this point.

That was what, 30 years ago at this point? To base your opinion of someone entirely on the tabloid perception of an event from 30 years ago seems terribly misguided.

It's irrelevant anyway. Here on the jewels forum, we mostly like to talk about pretty sparkly things. And that bracelet is certainly very pretty.

I really hope we can move on from this kind of remark. I thought this was a thread to discuss the jewellery not the intentions of the giver
Yes, quite. No futher posts speculating on the Duchess of Cornwall's "intentions" concerning her gift to Catherine please.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

Sometimes a bracelet is just a bracelet.
and i think it add a nice touch, its pretty small and has some meaning...so imo she should wear it and imo (which in my mind is never wrong) its not tacky

I don't believe people consider the monogram on the charm bracelet tacky or even the idea of more charms tacky. I think the crown on the bracelet is what turned people off. Now, i am one of those people who doesn't love the bracelet. I've been trying to think of ways to express how i feel about it and am at a loss for words. The best way i can describe it is that i feel that the crown was almost...and i hate to use this word, pompous for someone who is so new to the BRF. I understand that it was a gift and it was a very kind gesture but i think it would have been more well received if she wore it later. I don't believe Kate wore it as a "look at me, i'm now married to the heir of the heir to the throne" but it may have come across that way to some..

I really can't phrase what i'm thinking about the bracelet so if anyone thinks they feel the same way, please describe it better. Haha.

I like the bracelet and especially because of the Catherine- C with the crown. This cypher was especially created for her and thus belongs to her. There are millions of ladies whose name starts with a C but there is only one Catherine, future queen of the UK. I think it is a nice and modest way to show that she accepts her new position while on the other hand refrains from wearing over the top-outfits and jewelery.

Today the Mail reported that as the queen is very fond of Catherine (which was told by Zara Philips and she should know!) she has invited Catherine to borrow jewellery for her visit to Canada. Still, Catherine wore very modest jewellery on her first day and probably will continue to do so the next days as she is actively searching for connections to the people and don't seem to want to set herself apart from the rest. So wearing the bracelet fits in: she is showing her individuality at the same time as she shows that she now belongs to the BRF but all that in a very modest way.

Well done, YRH. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe Kate wore it as a "look at me, i'm now married to the heir of the heir to the throne" but it may have come across that way to some.
Really, you think "some" people may think she wears the charm bracelet to show that she's married to Prince William? What, in case the more forgetful need reminding who she's married to?

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

To ensure we are all clear what is being referred to, the motif on the charm is a coronet rather than a crown.

I believe I spy a Maple Leaf Brooch (unfortunately her hair keeps falling over it :-() but it does look beautiful :)

I believe I spy a Maple Leaf Brooch (unfortunately her hair keeps falling over it :-() but it does look beautiful :)
Do you mean on the white outfit? You might be right:flowers:. I hope for better pictures soon.

Do you mean on the white outfit? You might be right:flowers:. I hope for better pictures soon.

Yes, and according to various sources including Royal Reporter on Twitter it is the Queen's Maple Leaf Brooch :)

The Daily Telegraph is reporting that it is a the Queen's maple leaf brooch!!

How lovely and exciting for for brooch lovers and very patriotic.

I also thought I spotted a necklace but not certain.

Last edited:
Yes there was a necklace but was more interested in the brooch so didn't really take much notice of the necklace :D

Can anyone spot the earings for today? Are they diamond studs, to go w/ the diamond maple leaf brooch?

Can anyone spot the earings for today? Are they diamond studs, to go w/ the diamond maple leaf brooch?

They are white topaz surrounded with diamonds from Kiki McDonough.

The brooch doesn't stand out against the white enough- looks off.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom