Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the images of the earrings and bracelet. They surely are a set. Where is the rest?? Please....

Diamond Earrings & Bracelet

Earrings and bracelet worn by the Duchess of Cambridge at the private dinner held at Clarence House in aid of one of the Prince of Wales's charities, In Kind Direct. She was standing in for the Prince (who was attending the funeral of Crown Prince Sultan of Saudi Arabia) and this was her first official "solo" event.

Links to images showing Catherine wearing the jewels have been posted previously. As the threads in RJOTWMB are not permanently retained as they are here at TRF, such links will eventually fail.

-> For the record, here are two thumbnail direct attachments of the earrings and bracelet worn by the Duchess at the In Kind Direct event.
The images have been cropped from much larger pictures posted by, and courtesy of Tamara at RJOTWMB.
Due to their highly-cropped nature the images are not subject to copyright.

Attachments

• Earrings.jpg
    Earrings.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 281
  • Bracelet Duchess of Cambridge 201110.jpg
    Bracelet Duchess of Cambridge 201110.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 367
Wouldn't it be nice if a list of the wedding gifts was released? Doubt that'll happen, though.

I´ve heard that the couple didn´t want to receive wedding gifts but asked the guests to donate to charity instead. A nice gesture IMO,but I am sure their parents or close friends gave them something- it´s a beautiful tradition to give presents to newly-weds,usually women get a lot of stuff for cooking and housekeeping and some dresses,jewellery etc.
(When Princess Diana and Charles got married,they received a lot of presents from other Royal families and fans from all over the world,they were also shown to the public.)

As she is wearing them now more often, I think it is secure to assume these are her own. So maybe really a wedding gift.
Although they look more like e.g. Art Deco pieces, I am not quite convinced. Maybe something new, designed in a classical way. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to recall that it was pointed out that Kate was wearing, at the Bafta event, jewelry lent/given to her by the Queen. Am I totally dreaming this? I had thought it was the bracelet ......

These are the borrowed earrings Kate wore to the BAFTA event along with the bracelet. They're a lovely chandelier style:

http://achicdirection.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/justjared.buzznet.png

I expect for the sake of privacy we won't know what jewels Kate received as wedding gifts, so we'll just have to keep speculating when they make their appearance.

Last edited:
I don't always like Kate's fashion sense, but she has great taste in jewelry!

What I especially like is that it's "small" (for royal jewelry anyway) but always exquisitely detailed.

Kate is definitely understated and minimal when it comes to wearing jewelry, but I'm really pleased she wore the earrings and bracelet set to the charity dinner. What matters is quality, not quantity. I don't know how much we'll be seeing her wear the other pieces that she's entitled to in the future, but I sometimes get the distinct feeling that many of us would love to dip into the royal jewel vault more than she would! :lol: But I guess we'll just have to see what she wears as time goes on.

Last edited:
I read somewhere in the coverage of this event that this bracelet could have been a gift from Charles to the other of his two favorite "Cs."

I have wondered if Prince Charles gave Kate the deco set, he likes antique jewelry and that would be very special. I'm just guessing and wondering.

I have wondered if Prince Charles gave Kate the deco set, he likes antique jewelry and that would be very special. I'm just guessing and wondering.

I would be surprised if Charles had bought such an expensive piece of jewellery. Whilst Charles is happy to spend money on what he likes, the BRF have not really been seen to buy any seriously expensive jewellery in recent years.

Maybe he inherited it from the Queen Mother ? Remember Cams' Engagement ring which has certainly an art-deco touch also belonged to the QM. I wouldn't be surprised if this set also came from her. In fact I thought so from the moment I first saw it and Charles most definitely has access to several pieces from the QM.

Maybe he inherited it from the Queen Mother ? Remember Cams' Engagement ring which has certainly an art-deco touch also belonged to the QM. I wouldn't be surprised if this set also came from her. In fact I thought so from the moment I first saw it and Charles most definitely has access to several pieces from the QM.

These itesm of jewellery, including the BAFTA earrings, could well be from the BP vaults, and ones that have not been seen publiccly for some time. Alternatively, some of these could be presents from wealthy benefactors, including other royal families.

I would be surprised if Charles had bought such an expensive piece of jewellery. Whilst Charles is happy to spend money on what he likes, the BRF have not really been seen to buy any seriously expensive jewellery in recent years.

It would not surprise me in the least if Charles purchased these pieces for Kate. The BRF may not have purchased much jewellery lately, but it's not everyday one's eldest son and heir gets married! If there's ever a time to splash out a little bit surely it's when welcoming a 'darling daughter-in-law' to the family officially? Plus Charles has shown himself to be very generous with the people he loves in the past.

There's some major bling going on in these pieces and so I feel they're likely to have come from with Charles or perhaps William as a wedding gift.

If Charles did buy the earrings/bracelet with the 2 C's it's a nice gesture from him.

:previous:I've been searching all over trying to find where exactly I read that snippet about Charles being the supposed giver of the charm bracelet to Kate and here's the link. It's about halfway down and it's just speculation, not confirmed, since it was never confirmed that Camilla actually gave the bracelet to Kate. The writer just speculates that it would have been nice if it was Charles who had given the jewelry to his two favorite "Cs."

UPDATED:The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge in Copenhagen for a Humanitarian Visit « The Royal Post

Last edited:
we were actually talking about the diamond bracelet with the diamond earrings Kate wore for example last week at the reception when discussing if it could be a gift from Charles ;-) it would really be interesting to know where the set comes from.

:hiding: Sorry for any confusion; it's just that in an earlier post I had mentioned about the speculation that Charles instead of Camilla may have given the "C" charm bracelet to Kate. Then I found the link where it was mentioned and posted it. Didn't mean to throw a wrench in the flow of discussion and hopefully we've gotten these bracelets straightened out now. :) I'm also burning to know from whom Kate got that gorgeous diamond set.

Last edited:

Apparently, your comment about wondering whether Prince Charles gave the bracelet and earrings to Kate has snowballed into actual FACT on twitter and being propagated as such: Twitter

All I can say is there has been no announcement on what Kate received as wedding presents from anyone in the BRF, including her husband. Just because she wore the set during an event to help Prince Charles doesn't make them a gift from him. She wore the set to at Zara's wedding; the earrings on Canada Day evening event and the bracelet at the BAFTA event. During the BAFTA event, a TV announcer said that the earrings and bracelet worn at that event were loaned from the Queen. I question these too, but it still got published as such on the Daily Mail and People magazine after the event.

I'm just amazed on how stuff on the internet gets convoluted and gets written as truth. I suppose it's the nature of the beast - to broadcast first and let others do the research/confirmation of statement.

I'm just amazed on how stuff on the internet gets convoluted and gets written as truth. I suppose it's the nature of the beast - to broadcast first and let others do the research/confirmation of statement.

Me too!Nowadays there are so many "news" (even published in "respectable" newspapers)that are later found out to be just rumours or second-hand information overheard in the supermarket *lol* Of course everyone speculates about all kind of issues,but if it´s just about dresses and jewels I find it relatively harmless...

AND I also read in one of the papers at the time of the BAFTA event that the art-deco bracelet Kate wore was her own personal property, but the chandelier earrings were the loan from the queen. Obviously you can't trust anything you read or hear from unofficial sources; no surprise. So go figure.....

Last edited:
Kate's sporting a beautiful pair of diamond drop earrings at the National Memorial Arboretum dinner tonight that I haven't seen before, but I can't upload a photo. And it looks like she may be wearing the diamond bracelet from the CH charity dinner, but it's hard to tell. Hoping for photos and closeups.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link; that's definitely the same bracelet, and by the looks of it, those drop earrings look quite art deco as well. They're stunning and I'm glad Kate wore at least half of her hair back to display them.

:previous: Those earrings are stunningly original. The best shot is when she hooked her hair behind her ear and gave us a terrific close-up. Very nice! :flowers:

PS. When is this forum going to supply a "drooling" Smilie? :whistling:

Love these earrings!

Attachments

• Capture kate.JPG
    Capture kate.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 237
Beautiful photo; I really wish Kate would wear her hair fully up, half up or in a chignon when she wears such droolworthy earrings. I also agree that we need a drooling smilie; we're seeing some nice pieces coming up and need to appropriately display our admiration!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom