Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery 1: April-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Catherine seems to favour V neck dresses, both daytime and evening wear, she would need a string with a pendant of some kind to pull it into a V or it would look "off". (And no, she cannot have La Peregrina!)

Why not? It's going up for sale on Dec. 13! ;)

But pearls are so often worn by older women, yet they are said to look their best with young women. At one time, a string of pearls was considered the ideal gift for a girl making her debut into society. And for weddings of course.

Yes, pearls were definitely de rigueur for young ladies of society; nothing completed an outfit other than a strand of pearls. The two monarchs who really loved their pearls and wore them in abundance were Cleopatra and Elizabeth I. Hopefully we'll see a strand on Kate sometime soon.

And ladies, I'm saving up my pennies for La Peregrina so watch out! :lol:

Last edited:
Ha! I'm saving up for the Prince of Wales feathers brooch! So there!! :lol:

Agreed, a lot of pennies and pounds but La Peregrina pearls are absolutely beautiful. No wonder they were part of the late Elizabeth Taylor's jewel collection. She wore them extremely well too. Pearls always were and always will be the height of total sophistication and elegance. The right pearl necklace will look just superb on Kate.

Last edited:
I love that earrings and bracelet, and I love how they look on her!
Unfortunately I've never seen detailed photos of them.

The diamond earring and bracelet are absolutely beautiful on Kate. Glad to see she is wearing them again so soon after her North America trip. She just has a knack of choosing the right pieces and wearing them to perfection.

I love that earrings and bracelet, and I love how they look on her!
Unfortunately I've never seen detailed photos of them.

The earrings have been used on multiple occassions, including the wedding of Zara and Mike, and in Canada. You may find the pictures in the appropriate threads. :flowers:

That is indeed a beautiful set and I'm so glad to see Kate wearing those pieces again and wearing her hair pulled back so they're noticeable. I think those earrings are an art deco design.

I agree the earrings most definitely have an art deco touch. I was always thinking it could be one of the late Queen Mother's pieces but just speculation of course ;-)

The earrings have been used on multiple occassions, including the wedding of Zara and Mike, and in Canada. You may find the pictures in the appropriate threads. :flowers:
Thank you Muriel! I've just found a photo of the duchess at Zara's wedding, and I've seen that the earrings are really gorgeous!
I agree with you Kit, they certainly have an art deco touch (but they could have been made recently using the art deco style, maybe they are not royal family heirlooms).
I'd like to see Kate wearing her wedding earrings, but I feel they are reserved for tiara events matching the Halo tiara (we have seen the earrings only during her wedding, and she has worn all her other pieces of jewellery multiple times).

Just noted that the Palace announced that what looked like the attachment portion of weft extensions is instead a scar from a surgery during the D o C's childhood.

:previous: There's more discussion about that in the DoCam eveningwear thread.

The bracelet and earrings that the Duchess wore for her first solo engagement are simply gorgeous. They're not gaudy or ostentatious, just like her.

I would love to know more about that gorgeous bracelet!

I had read in one of the papers at the time Kate wore the bracelet at the BAFTA event that it was her own personal property. But one wonders if that's just speculation and if she received that and the earrings as wedding gifts.

I had read in one of the papers at the time Kate wore the bracelet at the BAFTA event that it was her own personal property. But one wonders if that's just speculation and if she received that and the earrings as wedding gifts.

My sense is that this is all just speculation. AFAIK, the source of the bracelet and earrings is not really known at this stage and they really do not appear to be a "set" to me.

The earrings and bracelet look very similar to me, if they are not the same set then I do believe they must come from the same jeweler.

posters from RJMB posted good close-ups and looks like the bracelet and earrings are the set.

:previous:Is it possible to provide a link to those photos? I can't seem to find them. Thanks.

Thank you so much! They do indeed look like a set since the drop and stud of the earring match the center stones of the bracelet. Unless it's due to magnification of the photos, those are major diamonds and absolutely beautiful.

Ye, they are surely a set, so maybe there are other pieces. Rarely a set is composed by a bracelet and a pair of earrings, generally there's also a matching necklace or pendant and maybe a ring. Let's hope I'm right and we could see them soon! ;)

I seem to recall that it was pointed out that Kate was wearing, at the Bafta event, jewelry lent/given to her by the Queen. Am I totally dreaming this? I had thought it was the bracelet ......

Princess of Durham said:
I seem to recall that it was pointed out that Kate was wearing, at the Bafta event, jewelry lent/given to her by the Queen. Am I totally dreaming this? I had thought it was the bracelet ......

You are absolutely correct!!!
The bracelet and earrings worn to the BAFTA event were a loan from the Queen. The earrings worn here are not the same!
The bracelet does appear to be however, but I doubt that the it is en suite with the earrings.

Whether it's a set or not I think it's stunning. Hope it's her own and not on loan to her.

Wouldn't it be nice if a list of the wedding gifts was released? Doubt that'll happen, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom