Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 3: Nov 2005 - Feb 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the queen not give to camilla the royal ring seal? sarah have one, diana too (the prince of wales's seal ring, sophie mmm I not sure) somebody have some photo of camilla with this ring?

What is a Royal Ring Seal?
Did anybody figure out which tiara it was that she wore to the Diplomatic Dinner. Is it the one from her wedding?

Princejonnhy25 said:
Did anybody figure out which tiara it was that she wore to the Diplomatic Dinner. Is it the one from her wedding?
I think its from her first wedding..

Princejonnhy25 said:

is a ring like charles's ring but more small. in a present from the queen for the engagement.

i'm kinda getting tired from camilla's jewllery.....she kept on wearing those few necklaces to dinners....movie preimers....etc....i thought Charles would have gave her ALOT of those sparkling jewlleries that she can show off to us!~!!!!!

I really like the Diamond necklace that she wore to the Opera with Princess Alexandra and in San Francisco. That necklace just dazzles and blinds you. Does anybody have a pic of the brooch her mother gave her that was the inspiration for the design on her wedding dress? She has so many pearls. Are most of them Shand, Keppel, and Cubbit pieces or from the Royal Family?

Originally posted by fanletizia in the C&C Current Events thread.
Pic courtesy Getty Images
The Duchess of Cornwall attends a pre-opera reception at the National Assembly of Wales in Cardiff, March 1, 2006.

A previously unseen piece of fine jewellery?

Leek motif diamond and emerald brooch with emerald drop

CamillaNewBroochMar06.jpg

That Leek brooch, i have been reading on several places today, with research by Google, it was also worn by the Queen Mother before, particularly at the Investiture of the PoW in July 1969.So seeing now the DoC getting more accepted and she has assess to the Queen Mother's Jewellery Collection as well....Looking for her second State Banquet for Brazilian President next Tuesday.

The brooch was a gift to Queen Alexandra by the Ladies of North Wales. The Queen Mother wore it to the Investiture of the Prince of Wales as HMQueenELizabethII said.

You can transfer that pic to the Ugly jewelry thread. Couldn't she find anything nicer in the whole of the royal vault?

Well, she probably could, but wearing a brooch showing the Welsh national plant is a nice symbol when she's at an official function in Wales. At the moment the Prince of Wales feathers brooch belongs to Elizabeth Taylor, so Camilla can't wear that.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
That Leek brooch, i have been reading on several places today, with research by Google, it was also worn by the Queen Mother before, particularly at the Investiture of the PoW in July 1969.So seeing now the DoC getting more accepted and she has assess to the Queen Mother's Jewellery Collection as well....Looking for her second State Banquet for Brazilian President next Tuesday.

Camilla probably got the access to the Queen Mother's jewellery collection (or the royal collection, not the Crown Jewels...) when she married Charles. Her engagement ring is The Queen Mother's diamond emerald-cut ring... She wore Queen Mary's Durbar diamond Tiara and Queen Alexandra's diamond and emerald welsh brooch. I think - but the pictures I have are not good enough to make sure - she also wore Queen Alexandra's diamond snake bracelet and The Queen Mother's diamond strap watch (on her wedding day) ?

Yes but her engagement ring was from Charles, he was left the ring when the Queen Mother died. So maybe these are the jewels Charles inheirited so that's why he can give them to Camilla to wear?

Camilla has loads of jewels on her own. She inherited a lot from her mother and other prominent ancestors. I like the snake necklace and the earings that go with it. I just cant make out the design inside the loops of the earings. I like the way the necklace shapes the neck. Charles was a favourite of the Queen Mums so he probably did inherit a lot of jewels from her.

The pieces are gifts or loans to Camilla from The Queen as all of The Queen Mother's jewels were left to her.

The snake necklace and many other pieces were all purchased by Prince Charles as gifts for Camilla over the years. She also inherited her mother's collection of jewels, some of which she shares with her sister, Annabel.

Just saw The Honeycomb tiara in the Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall thread. Really lovely. Pictures posted by Avalon.

The Queen has been pretty generous with Camilla and the jewels. Wonder whats next?

Does Camilla have her own tiara? And if so where did she get it and does anyone have a phot?

Yes she does. She wore it to her wedding. It is rather delicate tiara. Probably an heirloom. There is no really clear detailed pic but it looks floral themed.

kerry said:
Just saw The Honeycomb tiara in the Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall thread. Really lovely. Pictures posted by Avalon.

IMO this tiara suits her ten times better than delhi durbar, hope Camilla continues to wear this instead

Princejohnny25 said:
The Queen has been pretty generous with Camilla and the jewels. Wonder whats next?

:rolleyes: I can't wait to see. :D

Looks great on her. She needs a big tiara to work with her hair style.

This tiara was designed by Boucheron for Lady Greville and was given to her good friend, The Queen Mother, as a gift. The Queen Mother took some diamonds she inherited from Queen Mary and had Cartier design additional arches on the top.

Last edited:
Well I like the honey comb tiara much better than the Dehli Dubar tiara but I still think her hair needs to be toned down a bit with these gigantic tiaras. To me big tiaras and big hair are not that flattering. I'd also like to see her in a smaller tiara one of these days. A good tiara choice this time :)

From Getty Images

Anyone know anything about the brooch?

The Duchess of Cornwall's New Brooch was a favourite of the Queen Mother's. Looking through my computer, I have 21 pics of the Queen Mother taken at different times,wearing the brooch.

First Pic from Getty Images, Second from Corbis.Com

Great pics BeatrixFan. Emeralds are my fav!;)

Tiara pic!

This seems to be the ONLY pic of the Duchess of Cornwall wearing the Boucheron diamond tiara given to the Queen Mother by Mrs Greville.
Buckingham Palace reception for the President of Brazil, March 2006.
pic: courtesy Getty Images.

Camilla's debut of the Boucheron diamond tiara

CamillaGrevilleTiaraMar06.jpg

Oh my, it seems that Camilla is having the cream of the crop, as far as jewellery goes!

Oh my?! How about OH MY GOD!!!! It is so iridescent, so beautiful. Ah, to be a princess.:D

That is a pretty tiara. One of the prettiest I've seen. I don't think she should try on any others anytime soon, it would be better to give us time to get used to how beautiful this one is. I would hate to see a news report on the Duchess's latest tiara. That might be a little tacky. On a different note, these tiaras definately make up for her hair, not that her hair isn't pretty, it's just been the same for so many years. Nice to see a little glamour with her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom