Diana, Princess of Wales Jewellery 2: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is certainly true that we can't blame ANP--they aren't the dedicated "Joolies" that we are!
I had forgotten that she wore the diamond riviere and pearl drop of that necklace--it's a pity because the entire necklace itself is so very lovely.

Last edited:
They've all received serious jewels from the Saudi Royals--Diana received that fabulous sapphire suite (the one she buried), HM has received beautiful jewels from them--rubies and diamonds, etc.... I think even Sarah got some rubies.

Burried how, Janet? Not literally, I hope?

I believe she said that literally...grrrrr....

Apparently, the large sapphire in the necklace that Diana received from the Saudi's was giving off negative energy to Diana, so she buried in her the garden at Kensington Palace--and when she went back to get it, it was gone! Seriously, I've read this numerous places but the pragmatic person in me cannot believe it!

Last edited by a moderator:
The story about the sapphire ‚burial’ is by Simone Simmons, Princess Diana’s alleged ‚psychic’ who sold her Diana tales in the form of a book.

It certainly has to be taken with a whole avalanche of salt.

You'd think burying it in the vault at the Castle would have been sufficient.

Apparently, the large sapphire in the necklace that Diana received from the Saudi's was giving off negative energy to Diana, so she buried in her the garden at Kensington Palace--

Funny as it may sound (and I am no believer of psychics or a lot of the alernative stuff Diana was in to), a number of my South Asian friends believe that sapphires are "strong" stones, and may not suit everybody. That is why they always advice when buying a sapphire, sleep with it under your pillow overnight. If you have a bad dream, do not buy it and return it.

They've all received serious jewels from the Saudi Royals--Diana received that fabulous sapphire suite (the one she buried), HM has received beautiful jewels from them--rubies and diamonds, etc.... I think even Sarah got some rubies.

What do you mean buried? As in shovel, dirt, ashes to ashes? And if so, have they been recovered? NUTS I tell you, absolutely certifiable.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the information!!I wonder how could Diana believe in good and bad energy or "aura",as they call it(if this story with the sapphire necklace is true)...

anyone in possesion of a "bad" sapphire may feel free to send it to me as I seem to have no problem with any gems. hahahah!!!!!

Thank you all for the information!!I wonder how could Diana believe in good and bad energy or "aura",as they call it(if this story with the sapphire necklace is true)...
...and I wonder how anyone can believe in that tale from Simone Simmon's book. :rolleyes:

What do you mean buried? As in shovel, dirt, ashes to ashes? And if so, have they been recovered? NUTS I tell you, absolutely certifiable.

Seriously-I mean really, how can anyone make this stuff up? Diana, when she was hanging out with one of those psychics she consulted for everything, felt that that huge Saudi sapphire was giving off negative energy. She buried in her garden at Kensington Palace, and went back either two weeks or a month later to dig it back up--because by then the negative energy would be gone--only to find it was no longer there! In this book called, "Diana: The Last Word" by Simone Simons; apparently Diana felt like the stone had bad memories in its past and that she had bad luck whenever she wore it. She was told by Simone to soak the stone in salt water (OMG!!!!! Why would you do that to jewelry???). So, Diana said her staff would think she was crazy and she decided to bury in the walled garden at KP--but she was paranoid about Princess Michael, who could see what was going on from her own apartment at the Palace. So, yada yada yada, time passes for a month, she goes back and it has disappeared. So, that's the story as I understand it. My question is this: WHO BURIES A HUGE PRICELESS SAPPHIRE IN THE DIRT???? I mean, really, that's just insane.

The most impressive aspect about that weird psychic's sapphire fairy tale is the totally reliable one and only source:
Namely the weird psychic Simone S. herself. :ROFLMAO:
Utter rubbish.

How nice will it be to one day see that sapphire worn by a new Princess William of Wales.... (then we'll all know exactly what to think about Simone..)

...she was paranoid about Princess Michael, who could see what was going on from her own apartment at the Palace.
It would be even funnier to see the sapphire worn by Princess Michael. :D

It would be even funnier to see the sapphire worn by Princess Michael. :D
Sure beats everything so far, Warren! :lol:
In Macchiavellian mood, reluctant mother-in-law-to-be Princess Michael will actually place the stone around the neck of her unsuspecting daughter-in-law on wedding day with a devillish smile, thereby ruining the poor actress's relationship with press, public and potential employers forever.

I was always lead to believe it was HRH the Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon whom Diana thought was spying on her.

I was always lead to believe it was HRH the Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon whom Diana thought was spying on her.
Does that mean you don't believe in the recollections thankfully preserved for history and further reference in the book by highly reputable psychic Simone S.? :ohmy:

Perhaps Diana thought everyone was spying on her!

Back to the sapphire--I certainly hope that this is not true--that would be horrible that a priceless jewel was stolen from the backyard (although it is equally horrible that it was buried in the yard as well). I can't recall a time period for when this thing was buried, but when was the last time Diana wore the necklace of this set? Anyone know? We can create a timeline for the sapphire! Based on the book (which I do not own but there are excerpts that I can access online) this Simone woman came over to KP and "healed the house" after Charles moved out--so, let's begin with that time.

Last edited:
Does that mean you don't believe in the recollections thankfully preserved for history and further reference in the book by highly reputable psychic Simone S.? :ohmy:

Not one for psychics myself, and generally have vey little time for their, 'recollections'...

Diana certainly liked to dig a lot in her garden, didnt she, according to the various stories we've been told.

Not one for psychics myself, and generally have vey little time for their, 'recollections'...
Oh my, it seems we don't have much time for understanding irony either on these Forums. :rolleyes:
The 'digging in her own garden' quip is rather too obscene for my taste though... not too funny.

If I remember correctly, Princess Diana didn't wear the necklace of the Saudi suite after 1992, neither with the sapphire pendant nor the PoW feather pendant.
Maybe it's possible to return to a discussion of her jewels - instead of their burial places, fabricated in some psychic's mind and put into writing to be able to fill a few more pages in a book she tried to sell...

Last edited:
Oh, Boris! How do we know it wasn't fabricated? It may well be true--especially if we never again saw this wonderful sapphire after 1992. True, it may be simply speculation, but there are certainly worse topics that have been speculated about on these threads. I would be interested in knowing if the story were true--and would Simone S., regardless of that fact that she is a psychic of, in my own opinion, little merit, would she have put in a book to read by many persons that Diana buried a stone, and then it disappeared and it not be true? If the stone were to reappear she would be branded a phony and a liar; for someon who probably still profits from Diana I would imagine she would not want to be labeled a liar. I do think it is interesting that we never saw the sapphire again after 1992--especially since she got to keep other significant wedding gifts (Lover's Knot, emerald choker, sapphire brooch). It seems odd that such a valuable gift was lost--at least to me anyway.

There is no proof that it was lost.
Books written by 'close friends' cashing in on Princess Diana are not exactly known for the authenticity of their contents, are they...?
After 1992, we saw the emerald choker worn only one more time - on Diana's last birthday, a month before her death -, we never saw the lover's knot tiara again, nor the opal center choker, nor the diamond & gold necklace with heart shaped center, nor the PoW pendant, etc. -
For all we know, they might be buried along with the whole 1987 modern ruby tassel necklace in the backyard since the last time they were seen in public. Certainly, enough negative energy had been building up. :rolleyes:
By the way, Princess Diana didn't 'get to keep' her wedding gifts. They belonged to her.

By the way, Princess Diana didn't 'get to keep' her wedding gifts. They belonged to her.

The royal pieces that were gifted to her by The Queen and The Queen Mother as wedding presents were identified and covered in her divorce agreement. She was allowed to keep them for her lifetime, with the proviso they could never be lent or sold. They were to be given to Prince William after her death for his wife to wear.

Because of her tragic early death and the age of William at the time, those pieces were all returned to The Queen. Whether they will be worn again by his future wife is an open question.

Her other jewels were all left to William and Harry for their future wives.

Branchg, surely those items would be automatically given to William's wife as stipulated in the divorce agreement?

Which means that the "notorious" sapphire necklace will be given to Kate (she's the most possible candidate,don't shoot me :D)?I said that as a joke the other day...well...:rolleyes:...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom