Diana, Princess of Wales Jewellery 2: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana's jewels were covered in her divorce agreement. The royal pieces she received from The Queen as wedding gifts were hers to keep for her lifetime, on condition they could never be lent or sold. In the event of her death, the agreement stated the royal jewels would pass to Prince William for his future wife.

All of her other jewels, including the Saudi wedding suite and the Omani sapphires, were her personal property and were left under her Will to William and Harry. The royal pieces were returned to The Queen as she was still living and the jewels belonged to her.

I've always wondered if the Princess retained the POW pendent.

If your luck would depend on jewellery, Diana would have been one of the luckiest women in the world :) I am a big fan of saphire,they also looked great on Diana just like the pearls and diamonds she was wearing....

I had heard, and apologies if this is incorrect or mere speculation, that Harry inherited the bulk of Diana's jewelry since William would have access to the vast collection of the Crown jewels as future monarch. So I don't know if this was an equal division of property between the two princes.

Last edited:
That's what I heard as well, I believe Harry even got the engagement ring which William had to 'ask' for when giving it to Catherine.

I had heard, and apologies if this is incorrect or mere speculation, that Harry inherited the bulk of Diana's jewelry since William would have access to the vast collection of the Crown jewels as future monarch. So I don't know if this was an equal division of property between the two princes.

I heard that too, which is why I was surprised when Kate was given Diana's engagement ring. I wish I could find the source of that info.

I heard that too, which is why I was surprised when Kate was given Diana's engagement ring. I wish I could find the source of that info.

Diana's will had no provisions for jewelry. Her sons I inherited her estate (money and personal belongings) 50/50. Her will is available to see on the Internet.

A few months after she died, both boys returned to their mother's home in Kensington Palace and they picked mementos to remember her by. Harry chose the sapphire engagement ring and William chose the 18KYG Cartier Tank Francaise watch. This info from Paul Burrell who accompanied the boys when they went to each room and chose other things they wanted to bring to their father's home. Even though Harry selected the ring, technically, both William and Harry inherited the ring.

Since Kate is now wearing the ring, I think it's okay to say that both sons discussed who would get the ring and William did.

I feel Princess Diana wore it best, but think her grandmother, Lady Sarah looked great in the Spencer Tiara too. Never realized how much Diana and Harry favored her facial structure, especially the jaw and cheekbones, imo.

I agree, but I also think they made a very good point about the tiara suiting Diana better as a young bride than it did as she got older. It's very fairy tale, and therefore suited best for someone younger. I think she looked perfect in it as a young woman, but I prefer her in the Cambridge as she got older.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: The Cambridge Tiara was supposed to be heavier than the Spencer Tiara. I think that wearing metal and stones on one's head would be uncomfortable after awhile.;)

I think she was going to wear the Cambridge at her wedding but I am not sure.

I think she was going to wear the Cambridge at her wedding but I am not sure.

There is no proof of this so we can speculate all we want. The only thing we know for sure is that Catherine was shown three tiaras to choose from to wear on her wedding and she chose the Queen Mother's Cartier scroll tiara. There was no info given on what the other two tiaras were.

I think that IloveCP talks about rumors that Diana was going to wear this tiara at her wedding, but she choose family and less heavy piece; not about Kate.

Yes agami pearl you are correct.I was talking about Diana.I am glad she wore the Spencer tiara since it is her family tiara.

I agree, but I also think they made a very good point about the tiara suiting Diana better as a young bride than it did as she got older. It's very fairy tale, and therefore suited best for someone younger. I think she looked perfect in it as a young woman, but I prefer her in the Cambridge as she got older.

Indeed, the Spencer tiara was more delicate for a young girl just out of her teens on her wedding day in comparison to the Lover's Knot that suited Diana better in her latter years.

Josefine,I read that she got a watch from the Queen and,sapphire earings and a necklace from a Saudi Prince.

I don't know if there's more.

IloveCP said:
Josefine,I read that she got a watch from the Queen and,sapphire earings and a necklace from a Saudi Prince.

I don't know if there's more.

Oh there was a lot more !! From HM The Queen - the Lovers Knot Tiara, The emerald choker from the Cambridge Emeralds suite, the huge Sri Lankan Sapphire from HM The Queen Mother and emerald earrings and bracelet and suite of sapphires and diamonds from Prince Charles to name but a few.

On this link from Kiki McDonough (designer of Catherine's citrine earrings and green amethyst earrings worn on Christmas):

Stars - About - Kiki Mcdonough Jewellery

Towards the bottom, there is a picture of Diana wearing a pair of Kiki McDonough earrings. Diana is wearing a pink with purple trim suit.

Is it the same earrings as this: http://www.dianasjewels.net/Earrings/0000277199-014.jpg

I'm not sure if these pictures were taken on the same day. The hair looks different in both. But just wondering what earrings Diana is wearing.

Thanks.

No, those earrings actually belong to the Spencer family and Diana borrowed them for her wedding day. In fact, one of her sisters wore them to William and Kate's wedding and had to get them back from the traveling exhibition of Diana's wedding gown to do so.

Yes - they belonged to Diana's Mother, the Honourable Mrs Shand Kydd. They are quite lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most instantly recognizable gem in the world, I think. Every girl's favorite choice of e-ring at the time of Charles' and Diana's engagement.

Given that her family already had a tiara, it makes more sense for her to wear that tiara rather than one from the royal vaults. I don't remember the possibility of another tiara being mentioned.

Yes agami pearl you are correct.I was talking about Diana.I am glad she wore the Spencer tiara since it is her family tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom