Crown Princess Victoria Jewels 3: Jan 2016 - Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, of course it's a theory but so is most of the content posted on the forums. Of Mgaretha's family only her daughter is ever known to have worn it once at her wedding. I'm sure that for a family with no use of a tiara some money would seem more welcome than a piece of jewellery.

I disagree- there is (and so there should be) a great deal of accurate information posted to this forum.
I regret when opinions are posted as fact - this leads to misrepresentation and ultimately incorrect information!
The Ambler Family finances are not in question here and their quasi royal history would probably make them want to hang on to the tiara !

We may never know the truth - I repeat myself.

:previous: If she has gifted the tiara to the Swedish Royal Family it is there for her or any other to wear and as a gift perhaps she is not planning on dying anytime soon so, no death duty on the tiara.

As to her children, perhaps Sybilla and her brothers have no need for it as they have their own family collection. Then again, on Margaretha's death, it may go to her daughter.

Who really don't know anything other than that Margretha has worn it as often as any other Swedish tiara for gala events and there is even an outside possibility that the tiara was a family lifetime loan.

Rather a presumptuous theory !
We probably will never know - there are very few photographs of Princess Margaretha ever wearing her tiara in the UK, if any?
She probably holds dual citizenship, or resides as a foreign national in the U.K., in which case she won't be liable for the same level of death duties as those born in the U.K.
It makes more sense that she leaves the tiara in Sweden and is happy for her nieces to borrow it occasionally.
Personally I cannot see how she would dispose of her children's birthright just because of potential taxes, her English Lawyers will work it out for her. Otherwise no one would own anything of this value.
The tax laws in the UK apply to all who live here. The only way out is to transfer ownership, either directly to the heirs or to a trust. It may well be that the tiara was sold to the King, and Margarethe and her heirs have first right of refusal to wear it.

The tax laws in the UK apply to all who live here. The only way out is to transfer ownership, either directly to the heirs or to a trust. It may well be that the tiara was sold to the King, and Margarethe and her heirs have first right of refusal to wear it.

Thank you as an Englishman I am well aware of the tax laws, also as I said surely Princess Margarethe’s lawyers will have created the best situation for her heirs .

Thank you as an Englishman I am well aware of the tax laws, also as I said surely Princess Margarethe’s lawyers will have created the best situation for her heirs .
It looks like, in this case, the adopted solution was s sale of the tiara to the King.

It looks like, in this case, the adopted solution was s sale of the tiara to the King.

One theory yes.

Nothing much has actually changed; the tiara has rarely appeared outside of Sweden. So this leads one to surmise that it was perhaps stored in Sweden. The Princess Margarethe's two nieces have worn the tiara. There really is no great scoop of the century, we know that the King is not in the habit of buying former Bernadotte Jewels e.g Queen Josefina's Pearls were allowed to go to whomever wished to buy them.
So why purchase his sister's tiara with no great family history?

We may never know...

One theory yes.

Nothing much has actually changed; the tiara has rarely appeared outside of Sweden. So this leads one to surmise that it was perhaps stored in Sweden. The Princess Margarethe's two nieces have worn the tiara. There really is no great scoop of the century, we know that the King is not in the habit of buying former Bernadotte Jewels e.g Queen Josefina's Pearls were allowed to go to whomever wished to buy them.

We may never know...
Actually things have changed. Two decades after the Kings daughters started wearing tiaras, all of a sudden this tiara is being used by them both. Not sure if thd crown Princess has ever been seen wearing a borrowed tiara, that too for a key and symbolic portrait.

Actually things have changed. Two decades after the Kings daughters started wearing tiaras, all of a sudden this tiara is being used by them both. Not sure if thd crown Princess has ever been seen wearing a borrowed tiara, that too for a key and symbolic portrait.

Yes you’re correct - but it’s a huge assumption to announce the King has bought the tiara based on this !

Yes you’re correct - but it’s a huge assumption to announce the King has bought the tiara based on this !
It's only a likelihood, but to me, it seems like a reasonable likelihood.

One theory yes.

Nothing much has actually changed; the tiara has rarely appeared outside of Sweden. So this leads one to surmise that it was perhaps stored in Sweden.
The last time it was worn outside of Sweden was in 1998 when Sibiylla Ambler wore it at her Wedding Day in Bavaria. The next time it was seen was at the Wedding of Crown Princess Victoria in 2010.

I never stated what I did as a fact but as mere speculation. A speculation that given the circumstances posted by others today isn't all that improbable but as stated we won't know until other facts are given.
What's certain is that Princess Christina told Roger Lundgren that the tiara still belongs to Margaretha but is kept in Stockholm for safekeeping.
If, after her eventual passing, it's still used by the Swedish Bernadottes it will, to me, be a sure sign that it's ownership has been transferred to either the King or the Bernadotte jewelry foundation.
If so it'll most certain have been bought.

Last edited:
One theory yes.

We may never know...

I think that the aquamarine kokoshnik tiara means a lot to king Carl Gustaf. The tiara was inherited by king Carl Gustaf's father prince Gustaf Adolf, and the king's mother princess Sibylla wore this tiara at the pre-wedding event before her wedding with Gustaf Adolf. Sibylla wore this tiara quite often.
So I wouldn't be surprised at all, if king Carl Gustaf would buy this tiara back. But this is pure speculation.

Victoria wore today at the visit to Vilnius those beautiful earrings and necklace she wore for the first time last April.
https://www.lrp.lt/data/public/thumbnails/2018/02/resize_1920x1200_dsc_0568.jpg
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:132852373:1800x650:w?v=5a817e8d&m=jjlfonen

Did she debut a new bracelet(s) as well? It looks like there is a new star bracelet on her wrist. Unless it is the Ebba Brahe Childhood bracelet sideways. She wore the gold version of that bracelet during the Cambridge visit.

Did she debut a new bracelet(s) as well? It looks like there is a new star bracelet on her wrist. Unless it is the Ebba Brahe Childhood bracelet sideways. She wore the gold version of that bracelet during the Cambridge visit.

I think it is this star bracelet she wore in the end of October, I posted a photo of it then:
On Thursday Victoria had a bracelet with stars in addition to her E and O heart bracelets.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

On Thursday at "Discussion on Water", Victoria wore new earrings from swedish Havsglas.
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...s-at-a-seminarium-a-about-picture-id936595776
örhängen _ Havsglas Sverige

"Unique jewelry shaped by waves, sand and time.
The sea glass is collected along the shores of Skåne and are completely unprocessed, only carefully washed and drilled.
Ear hook and chain of genuine silver.
Note that the two sea-glass pieces in the pair are not identical, but vary slightly in shape, thickness and color shades.
Ten percent of the jewelery's price is given to projects that contribute to a better marine environment."

Back
Top Bottom