Crown Princess Victoria Jewels 3: Jan 2016 - Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
At first I feel the jewels combination looks a bit random, but it actually quite works. Love the necklace and it looks bigger than the previous outing. The vasa earrings are as stunning as usual. Could that be another button brooch on her bun?

Victoria's jewellery at the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony, she chose the Karl Johan Tiara. Her own necklace suits very well to the dress. She has also the Vasa earrings and zig zag bracelet from the family collection.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=vtx0mkdUWYfkealqJqWFbI7WJGVoQpc18j_QKGmSezY=

It seems that she has a brooch at her gorgeous hairdo too.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=OP16cUUI4EjoSD5-_8i3bnexp_gV7GwkwjG6S-KUzlU=
I did not expect to see that dinky necklace until Estelle started attending night time events. I'm not a fan and would have liked to see something else. That aside Victoria looks smashing tonight.As my sister-in-law said it's a 10 from the sofa jury.

The pink topaz necklace would have looked wonderfull with that gown. This one also works but it must have been ages since she has worn it the last time.

One of my wishes was to see the Pink Topaz Necklace, as it was ages sonce the last time. But I think it could be considered a "Queen jewel", though this dress is made for that necklace, and not the one used tonight.

One of my wishes was to see the Pink Topaz Necklace, as it was ages sonce the last time. But I think it could be considered a "Queen jewel", though this dress is made for that necklace, and not the one used tonight.

Wasn't the necklace also worn by Princess Christina a few times? That would make it certainly no Queens only Jewel.

Wasn't the necklace also worn by Princess Christina a few times? That would make it certainly no Queens only Jewel.
That's true, I had forgot about that. Well, it would have looked amazing tonight.

The Pink Topaz necklace would have been way too big for Victoria to use tonight, especially since queen Silvia "only" has the Amethyst tiara, and not her more queenly tiaras.

The brooch at Victoria's hairdo.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/14...=iKYKBKznXPpgKM7mPUAY3KFJIf6TDBy-bt2n2KOyRjQ=

I agree with Ladyfinn about the Topaz necklace, such a grand piece should be reserved for the Queen perhaps. Victoria would have looked great with it of course, but this necklace looks nice too. And I don't think it is dinky at all TBH. The stones are big enough to make a mark. I am glad to see it again, I had forgotten all about it. Does anybody know something about the background of the necklace? LF calls it 'her own' so I gather it was a gift to the princess.

As for the tiara: I always found it an unfortunate one. But the crown princess really makes the most of it. The row of diamonds under it makes it look more balanced. She looks wonderful with these jewels and could not have looked more royal.

Last edited:
Mmmh, I'm somehow not satisfied with her look. The tiara with the added riviere looked even more mix-and-match than it usually does. And the necklace is a bit too short for her now, it looks like strangling her. That gorgeous gown would have been great with the pink topazes, but that set is still a Queen's jewel.
What I liked most were the earrings and the two button brooches in her bun and on the order ribbon. Oh, and she wore Lilian's gorgeous diamond bracelet again.

I don't mind the necklace, but I'm just never going to love this particular tiara. I appreciate the history of the button pieces, but I think the frame needs a redesign. The only royal who I think pulls it off is Cristina. I think the added riviere doesn't improve it either. The hair looks great, and the earrings are divine. I would have loved seeing the Cameo tiara with this dress.

Mmmh, I'm somehow not satisfied with her look. The tiara with the added riviere looked even more mix-and-match than it usually does. And the necklace is a bit too short for her now, it looks like strangling her. That gorgeous gown would have been great with the pink topazes, but that set is still a Queen's jewel.
What I liked most were the earrings and the two button brooches in her bun and on the order ribbon. Oh, and she wore Lilian's gorgeous diamond bracelet again.

Christina wore necklace 2006 Nobels

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2021/12/princess-christinas-napoleonic-nobel-tiara.html

I just think the big pink topaz might not go well with this gown. The pleated details around the neckline might fight with the giant stones. I hope Victoria will prove me wrong by wearing them together someday though lol.

I don't mind the necklace, but I'm just never going to love this particular tiara. I appreciate the history of the button pieces, but I think the frame needs a redesign. The only royal who I think pulls it off is Cristina. I think the added riviere doesn't improve it either. The hair looks great, and the earrings are divine. I would have loved seeing the Cameo tiara with this dress.
I agree with your assessment.
Also, any info on the necklace? What are the stones and when she received it?

At first I feel the jewels combination looks a bit random, but it actually quite works. Love the necklace and it looks bigger than the previous outing. The vasa earrings are as stunning as usual. Could that be another button brooch on her bun?
I did not expect to see that dinky necklace until Estelle started attending nighttime events. I'm not a fan and would have liked to see something else. That aside Victoria looks smashing tonight. As my sister-in-law said it's a 10 from the sofa jury.
I have to be honest, I think Victoria and her Aunt are the only ones who can wear the four or six buttons and I think it has more to do with their personal regal confidence than who they actually are.

If my memory serves me (its a bit scrambled) I think the first time there was a diamond Riviere added was when Madeleine wore it and it looked wonderful which, not surprisingly, looked so gorgeous.

As always, I love the finishing touch with the pin in the tiara updo. Somehow that Swedish innovation sets their tirara hair a notch above the rest.

The frame is a Problem with both button tiaras.- At the four button tiaras the buttons are simple put on a metal frame who is often showing and at the six-button tiara there is that unnecessary shorter second row of diamonds,. The should remove these and put them on the four-button tiara.

I have to be honest, I think Victoria and her Aunt are the only ones who can wear the four or six buttons and I think it has more to do with their personal regal confidence than who they actually are.

If my memory serves me (its a bit scrambled) I think the first time there was a diamond Riviere added was when Madeleine wore it and it looked wonderful which, not surprisingly, looked so gorgeous.

As always, I love the finishing touch with the pin in the tiara updo. Somehow that Swedish innovation sets their tirara hair a notch above the rest.
I'm sorry to disagree, but imo, the tiara Princess Christina is the only one who can really look great in this tiara. And I think that's mainly due to her hairstyle. Imo this tiara just doesn't look too good with Victorias straight, pulled back hair.

Btw, it was Victoria who first added the riviere to the base at the Nobels in 2011. Madeleine wore this tiara twice, in 2005 and 2008, I think. And back than the tiara still had the grey velvet ribbon at the base, in order to match Princess Lillian's hair.

I agree that the Swedish to wonders to tiara hair, especially at the Nobel Awards, with adding brooches or jeweled hair pins, or even diamond rivieres.
The frame is a Problem with both button tiaras.- At the four button tiaras the buttons are simple put on a metal frame who is often showing and at the six-button tiara there is that unnecessary shorter second row of diamonds,. The should remove these and put them on the four-button tiara.
This might be a good idea. The two diamond rows don't match anyway, due to their completely different settings. I also think that the frame should be lowered a bit. But best of all would be a new frame in the style of the Dutch pearl button tiara, for example.

Last edited:
About yesterday, Victoria wears the Karl Johan Tiara (Six button) very well. It is one of her favourite tiaras and she looks great with it.

With a softer hairdoo it would look better

Back
Top Bottom