Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 1: December 2003-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Mary Donaldson, presently the fiancee of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, will have lots of jewellery at her disposal in the coming months and of course after she and Frederik marry in May 2004. This thread will follow her growing jewllery box from now and in the years afterwards ...

Engagement day ...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,989
1.Engagement ring ...

2.Engagement gala dinner ...

3.Luxembourg state visit ...

4.First night gala dinner of Luxembourg state visit -- small diamond earrings ...

5.Dangly earrrings pre-enagement announcement ...

7.Baptism of Ingrid, 13 December 2003 ...

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 4,793
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,695
  • DK_mary_158a.jpg
    DK_mary_158a.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2,007
  • DK_mary_157a.jpg
    DK_mary_157a.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3,702
  • DK_mary_151.jpg
    DK_mary_151.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,760
  • DK_frederick_mary_105.jpg
    DK_frederick_mary_105.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,189
  • DK_ingrid_baptism_509.jpg
    DK_ingrid_baptism_509.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,739
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 14th, 2003 - 6:21 am
Engagement gala dinner ...
Perhaps you can find a photo of the big brooche

Mary wore on the left side of her waist on the 8.october gala gown ?

Nice topic :)

I don't believe Mary will be wearing a lot of jewelry as a mere fiancée though.

Drop earrrings at Les Miserables

Attachments

• mary_flowers.jpg
    mary_flowers.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,943
I think she prefers to wear very few jewellery.....or she waits until marriage to wear more.

i thought mary was wearing a diamond bracelet on her right wrist. why was she not wearing it in the photo posted by anna ? perhaps the bracelet was given to her after the photo session ?

Originally posted by andiemac@Jan 6th, 2004 - 5:50 pm
I thought Mary was wearing a diamond bracelet on her right wrist.
Don't you think of the green gala dress at the state visit - photo posted above by Alisa Posted: Dec 14th, 2003 - 4:58 pm - there the bracelet is visible.

Even if Mary doesn't have much jewellery yet - I don't think it would be a good idea to wear it all - at all times :lol:

there's another one which she was wearing on her right wrist for her gala engagement dinner. it's a few strands of diamonds.

Actually, she wasn't wearing a bracelet. If you look at pictures from the dinner, you will notice some where she's talking to the Prime Minister. In these pictures, both her hands are shown and there is nothing on her wrists. I think the 'bracelet' that people are referring to is actually the handle of Mary's purse. If I can find the picture of her walking in the room with that bag I will post it.

Here is the picture of Mary at the engagement dinner. This is when she enters the room. You can notice the bag here and the fact that it is beaded and the handle is also.

Attachments

• ch076664_guest.jpg
    ch076664_guest.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,615
Sitting down

Attachments

• ch076650_guest.jpg
    ch076650_guest.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3,197
oh i see.. sorry about the confusion. i thought it was a diamond bracelet. it would be nice if it's a bracelet , wouldn't it ? by the way, is it common to tie the handle of your evening bag to your wrist ?

The handle is not tied to her wrist. Its one of those evening bags that has a handle that's meant to be slipped on your wrist so that your two hands can be free to shake hands or hold a drink etc. They are quite popular for evening bags.

Mary elegance and beautiful
her jewels is beautiful

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Jan 9th, 2004 - 11:37 am
ring: Here is the engagement ring Mary Donaldson recieved from Crown Prince Frederik. It is made and bought in South America by the Crown Prince.
It consists of square cut diamond set with two square cut rubies on on each side.
The ring is made in white gold.
It has been reported that the diamond in the middle costede 100.000 DKK.
I thought Mary's engagement ring previously belonged to Queen Ingrid and isn't a new piece?

Here is the information on Mary's engagement ring from Engagement Day:

(Julia @ Oct 8th, 2003 - 10:37 am)
A little bit about her jewels...  ;)

[T]he engagement ring is believed to have come from the collection of Queen Ingrid, who died three years ago. Ms Donaldson will also get Queen Ingrid's rubies, originally bought by Napoleon in 1804 as a gift to the wife of his marshall, King Carl XIV Johan of Sweden.

The collection, which comprises a tiara, collar and earrings, will be given to Ms Donaldson to wear on official occasions, although they will still belong to the royal house.

From this thread:
Balcony Appearance and Press Conference

That choker is really very lovely and regal. I love Ms Donaldson's style.

[T]he engagement ring is believed to have come from the collection of Queen Ingrid, who died three years ago. Ms Donaldson will also get Queen Ingrid's rubies, originally bought by Napoleon in 1804 as a gift to the wife of his marshall, King Carl XIV Johan of Sweden.

The collection, which comprises a tiara, collar and earrings, will be given to Ms Donaldson to wear on official occasions, although they will still belong to the royal house.

This information, as far as I know is incorrect. Mary may be given the rubies (I think she will, but we don't know that yet), but the engagement ring isn't part of the rubies, it doesn't even contain a ring. As far as I heard the engagement ring was bought in Brazil by the crown prince, when he was there some time in 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I heard the engagement ring was bought in South America.

Someone asked about the broach Mary wore at her waist at the gala. I don't believe it is a broach. It is some sort of applique on her dress, not jewelry. But I love what she has so far in terms of jewelry.

there will be many events uptil the wedding we can hope for some pictures of her jewlery

The pearl and aquamarine chocker is divine and she has worn it beautifully. I can't wait to see more of her jewellery as she aquires pieces. I wander which tiara she will wear on her wedding day?

Yes, her frist train is great!!!!!
And the tiara stay amaizing in her :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was so excited to see her in a tiara. This shows the obvious approval by HM. What a fantastic look on her. She looks gorgious. Heray for Denmark. I can only imagine what she will wear on her wedding day.

I hope that there is a special thing where she can wear the Khadive of Egypt tiara...

Mary is wearing the Queen Ingrid's suite of jewels (rubies). They are so amazing! I can't get over how beautiful they are. She looks amazing. Mary definitely has the poise to wear a tiara!

Originally posted by missally@May 11th, 2004 - 10:14 pm
Mary is wearing the Queen Ingrid's suite of jewels (rubies). They are so amazing! I can't get over how beautiful they are. She looks amazing. Mary definitely has the poise to wear a tiara!
can someone post a picture of the late queen ingrid wearing the diadem and the parure?

thanks

I'm excited to see her in a tiara too.

However, I dont think the tiara looks nice on her head with that hairstyle. It looks like it was just put on. The ear-rings and necklaces looks better on her. The tiara looks better on her head when u see from her two sides (side-views).

Also, though the ruby tiara is more grand, the shape and style of Alexandra's tiara is better. It looks fresh and very elegant and suits many types of hairstyles.

Don't you guys think it's time for Alexandra to receive a piece and a pair of grand and elaborate historical necklace and ear-rings too??? Afterall, she has been working hard for the country and the royal family after all these years. I just think she shouldn't just be wearing her simple white-gold chain with a large gem or pearl drop necklaces anymore for grand occations. Just because Mary would be the crown princess, there shouldn't be such a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom