Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Letizia's new ruby and diamond earrings may be of Middle Eastern design and it makes me wonder if Crown Princess Mary received jewels when she visited Saudi Arabia. What do others think?

I think its very possible Mary received some jewels during the trip to Saudi Arabia. Maybe she received a bracelet or earrings. As much i can remember nearly every female royal who met Saudi Arabia Royals received soemthing ( Camillas, Q.Sofia)

How great that after 13 years of marriage she wears this tiara at a state visit. Also, today is Queen Ingrid's birthday, which may be why she wore it.

Hopefully we'll get a better look at it.

LaRae

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't like the placement of the tiara.

Are there any better pics of the earrings?

LaRae

OMG!!!! Are her earrings for REAL?????!!!!! She also is wearing a HUGE ring on her right hand!!!!!

I'd like to get a better view of her earrings as well. To my eye, they don't match or complement the tiara at all. However, the hair and placement of the tiara is well done.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_ZzSIMW0AAuUgv.jpg

I wrote my opinion on this tiara and earrings back in posts 237 and 238. There are close up photos. I think the earrings were made to match the central design elements in the tiara.

Whatever they are, they are quite nice...thanks for the links Duke of M.

LaRae

If CP Mary's earrings aren't diamonds....then are they costume or made from another stone? And what stone would it be? And not let's just focus on the earrings only...because that's one massive diamond and sapphire? ring on her right hand.
It is also possible that these jewels were borrowed.

If CP Mary's earrings aren't diamonds....then are they costume or made from another stone? And what stone would it be? And not let's just focus on the earrings only...because that's one massive diamond and sapphire? ring on her right hand.
It is also possible that these jewels were borrowed.
I think they are costume!

Thanks to the Styleofmary: Day 2. Birthday celebration in Norway, CP Mary's new diamond earrings have been found. They were brought at auction from 869/545 - Et par diamantørestikker af 18 kt. hvidguld hver prydet med talrige brillantslebne diamanter på i alt ca. 9.50 ct. F-H/SI-P1. L. 6,2 cm. Ca. 2010. (2) Her new sapphire and diamond ring could have been brought at auction as well.

The auction catalogue can be downloaded to see larger photos.
I must say they pay more than expected!:whistling:

The new earrings at first I thought was gift maybe from her visit to Saudi Arabia. It has that Gulf jewelry style (not sure how to explain it better).

They are a good investment, very wearable IMO.

I thought they were large stones but it seems to be clusters. Right?

Beautiful earrings, money well spent :flowers:

Love she makes use of auctions to add quality pieces to her collection.

Back
Top Bottom