Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow this time Mary used the complete ruby parure - bracelet, ring and brooch all included. I really like it when worn this way as it shows the full set in its splendour.

Wow this time Mary used the complete ruby parure - bracelet, ring and brooch all included. I really like it when worn this way as it shows the full set in its splendour.
She did not wear the complete parure. The necklace is missing. But that together with the chain for the elephant order would really have been too much IMO.

She did not wear the complete parure. The necklace is missing. But that together with the chain for the elephant order would really have been too much IMO.

Don't understand why there are always complaints as too much. She used the full Parure in her first new Years Courts. And Queen Ingrid also always used the full poarure and i have never heard complaints that she wore too much Jewels.
We have too see the Order not as Jewels but as what it is an Order.

Stefan ,
Queen Ingrid wore the whole parure with simple hairdo (no rubies in at the back of her hair) at without make-up etc... She was Royal.
The Crown Princess has coaches etc.. who makes her a beauty , but I am afraid she does not look Royal !

the new placement of the ruby tiara would have looked much better if it had the higher central point like the original version .

I agree , the former had this.
I don' t understand how the Queen accepted Princess Mary changing the tiara belonging to her late Mother who gave it as present to the Crown Prince.

Last edited:
I agree , the former had this.
I don' t understand how the Queen accepted Princess Mary changing the tiara belonging to her late Mother who gave it as present to the Crown Prince.

Maybe because the Queen didn't have a say in it, as she isn't and never has been the owner the jewels. And what I understand, the Queen has expressed positive feeling about it.

:previous:Exactly. Queen Margrethe never owned or wore the ruby and diamond parure as it was for crown princesses only. But I remember from the Scandinavian jewels documentary - that CP Mary did ask Queen Margrethe's permission/opinion on changing the parure and the Queen had no problems with it.

Personal style and fashion is subjective and not everyone's taste is the same.

We have to remember that it is Crown Princess Mary who has the 'job' of wearing the parure and she has to wear it in a way that suits her...and not any of us royal watchers.

:previous:Exactly. Queen Margrethe never owned or wore the ruby and diamond parure as it was for crown princesses only. But I remember from the Scandinavian jewels documentary - that CP Mary did ask Queen Margrethe's permission/opinion on changing the parure and the Queen had no problems with it.

Actually it is not for Crown Prinesses only as Queen Ingrid wore it as Queen Consort and also later as widowed Queen. And before her Queen Alexandrine wore it also as Queen. But the decision was made that it should not ber inherited by Queen Margrethe but instead by the Crown Prince. As for the change to the Jewels i also have the impression that Crown Princess Mary asked the Queen about her opinion about the changes. But legally the Queen would have no way to forbid such changes if she had been against them.

But I remember from the Scandinavian jewels documentary - that CP Mary did ask Queen Margrethe's permission/opinion on changing the parure and the Queen had no problems with it.

We have to remember that it is Crown Princess Mary who has the 'job' of wearing the parure and she has to wear it in a way that suits her...and not any of us royal watchers.

IIRC, Queen Margrethe has also said, that every owner (or in this case, wearer) has always changed it to suit their taste and needs.

Interesting discussion. I'm not aware of many other royal tiaras being changed by a new owner. I wonder what the "protocol" for that is, even if "informal protocol". I guess Mary at least consulted the Queen on her pretended changes. I don't see much change to be honest...

IIRC, Queen Margrethe has also said, that every owner (or in this case, wearer) has always changed it to suit their taste and needs.

QMII encouraged Mary to experiment. In that interview, she said that jewellery must be altered dependent on the wearer. She was delighted Mary wanted to change it and was extremely pleased with the results.

The changes Mary made suit her. We must remember Queen Ingrid altered the original tiara too.

In of the Videos from the New Years Court for the diplomatic Corps today i noticed that Mary was weearing a broosh or something like thi in the back of her hair. Haven't seen a pic however

In of the Videos from the New Years Court for the diplomatic Corps today i noticed that Mary was weearing a broosh or something like thi in the back of her hair. Haven't seen a pic however

It's the hairpins from the Ruby parure

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

JR, I think you might be referring to day one? When she wore the ruby tiara?

JR, I think you might be referring to day one? When she wore the ruby tiara?

Yes, it's day one we're talking about isn't it?

No.
We are talking about the ones that took place at Amalienborg and Christiansborg on the 3rd of January. The 2nd and the 3rd of the four New Year's Courts.

I love the pairing of her ruby and diamond studs with black pearl drops. It is a very striking and vibrant look that perfectly compliments both her beautiful, soft, updo and her elegant, new magenta ensemble.

The addition of her black pearl and gold bracelet and ring are the perfect finishing touch.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1UR1FlXEAE_PrQ.jpg

I was referring to the reception for the diplomastic Corps at Chrstiansborg.

Did anybody recognise the earrings Mary wore to the Icelandic state banquet last night?

Did anybody recognise the earrings Mary wore to the Icelandic state banquet last night?
Yes. Those earrings are gorgeous but I am yet to see a really close-up photo of the earrings themselves.

UPDATE
I now have seen a close-up photo of CP Mary's earrings thanks to poster Arthur of the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: HQ pics of the State banquet

Specifically, scroll down to photo number 7 from the top showing CP Mary sitting at the dinner table. I think her new earrings were made to match the central element in the tiara that she is wearing. The scroll design of the earrings are a perfect match to the tiara.I wonder whether these new earrings were made by the Marianne Dulong firm that also did the alterations to the ruby and diamond parure.

Last edited:
Queen Letizia's new ruby and diamond earrings may be of Middle Eastern design and it makes me wonder if Crown Princess Mary received jewels when she visited Saudi Arabia. What do others think?

Back
Top Bottom