Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that especially the stark contrast with the black enforces the lustre of the stones. The earrings are gorgeous, but the bracelet also is beautiful.

I'd imagine Mary received some pieces of jewellery on this tour from her hosts in SA and Qatar. These countries often gift impressive jewels on visiting royals

Ok. Im only speculating some fun......I would love it if Mary got some emeralds!!!! A whole suite!!!hahah

:previous:Even if Crown Princess Mary did receive jewels from Saudi Arabia and Qatar...I doubt that she would wear them in public after the political and media controversy that surrounded these trips.

After all, Queen Margrethe has only worn the diamond necklace she received from the Saudi King about once publicly...so I think that CP Mary would follow suit OR may not wear the jewels publicly at all.

As CP Mary has an international role as a defender of girls' and women's rights, she would well know the negative political, media and public comment that she would attract if she appeared in public wearing gifts of jewelry from Middle Eastern regimes where women are not seen as equals.

So I would not hold out much hope...the Middle Eastern jewels will stay in the vault and not be seen...at least...not for a long time.

Mary has a new tiara! It's diamonds (I think) and it looks a bit fringe-y! So much better then that small wedding tiara of hers. So she has pearls, diamonds, rubies and a modern one by now! :D

Could this tiara be the necklace she sported last year for the Queen's birthday ?

Could this tiara be the necklace she sported last year for the Queen's birthday ?

Yes, I think so. This is a picture from that necklace. It's diamonds and spikey with a bigger central element, so it's very possible it's this one in tiara. However, that doesn't matter, a new tiara is a new tiara. :D

Great to see the new tiara. Hope we get some nice pictures

Its like the Mama to her diamond tiara. Similar in fringe style but bigger. She looks beautiful

The new tiara is stunning. Incredibly regal. So glad to her wearing a new tiara.

What an elegant, beautiful tiara! I think i prefer me too more as tiara then necklace!!!!

The tiara is stunning, looks beautiful on her. It was great as a necklace, but people were right back then, makes an amazing tiara. Much better than her Jolly Rodger tiara from her wedding.

The tiara is stunning, looks beautiful on her. It was great as a necklace, but people were right back then, makes an amazing tiara. Much better than her Jolly Rodger tiara from her wedding.

Maybe that's what it is to you, but that was the tiara she wore the day she got married to the man she loves and it was a present from her parents-in-law to be. I am pretty sure she loves that tiara.

:previous: Yes, that is my Opinion. I was under the impression this was a discussion board for discussing our Opinions on jewels.:ermm: I certainly am not the first person to call her wedding tiara 'skull and cross bones'. I see plenty of criticism for other tiaras, certainly Sofia's wedding tiara, Maddie and Victoria's starter tiaras, and many others.

I have no doubt Mary appreciates the tiara her in laws gave her. That doesn't change the fact IMO (again this is a discussion board so not everyone is going to agree) that is isn't that attractive. And that this new one is more attractive. For all we know, Mary could feel the same. Just because she appreciates her wedding tiara, wont make it automatically her favorite either.

And finally a good close-up of Mary's tiara tonight :wub:

http://img.kaloo.ga/thumb?url=http:...061b444281f093917876&method=fit&size=1440x720

IT IS the necklace from Margrethe's birthday in Århus last year.

So stunning on Mary. Great to finally see a new tiara on Mary.

First off...YES!! We were right about that necklace from last year!! It makes a STUNNER of a tiara & far better than the necklace version. Even though I do like it as a necklace too. Always a good thing to have versatile jewels for someone in Mary's position.

Second...Did I mention it's a stunner? Looks amazing on Mary.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think some people last year had suggested in hope that the necklace was a convertible tiara. It is quite a traditional necklace & tiara combination. Always good to have an addition to the tiara collection. Though maybe a different jewel type other than diamonds for Mary - she now has 2 diamond fringe type convertible tiaras and her midnight modern one and the ruby tiara. Something with a different stone for example sapphires would have been nice

It looks great as a tiara. I think better then as necklace. And much better then her Wedding tiara.
First off...YES!! We were right about that necklace from last year!! It makes a STUNNER of a tiara & far better than the necklace version. Even though I do like it as a necklace too. Always a good thing to have versatile jewels for someone in Mary' s position.

Second...Did I mention it's a stunner? Looks amazing on Mary.
It's always nice to know you're right. :D

When I first saw the necklace I thought it was a tiara conversion in that the metal work comes to an abrupt end and is hung on a chain. However, the way it sat across her decolletage was beautiful and I hope she gets access to some serious necklaces other that this and her ruby one.

Having now seen both incarnations I have to admit that to me it is a much better tiara than a necklace, and I hope to see more off it. However, it looks like the diamonds are set in gold and when it is fitted together that colour comes through quite clearly as opposed to her wedding necklace.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ba/58/f6/ba58f6dc8abbd7285b76feb087c38853.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wU1vHxgXMCA/TdSSvM1XViI/AAAAAAAACY4/-8nKGsKN6xU/s1600/Necklace.jpg

http://img.kaloo.ga/thumb?url=http:...061b444281f093917876&method=fit&size=1440x720

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/08/22/2761501400000578-3031104-image-m-6_1428528882560.jpg

Last edited:
Is there anymore info on this tiara? Such as where it came from, who gave it to her, the history on it etc?

What a very elegant looking tiara on the Crown Princess ,always great to see new royal jewels!

No information seems to have been released about where the necklace/ tiara came from. It was speculated when she wore it for the queen's birthday, that it was a new piece as it had never been seen in the DRF before. But no designer was named or any definite information.

This is good. Now there will be some smaller tiaras for Isabella and Josephine to wear to events when their mom is wearing her ruby set.

It looks@like mostly pearls to me with a couple of big diamonds

Great to see Mary wearing a new tiara especially as so many other Royal houses have so many to chose from. She looks lovely and I am so pleased it is versatile enough to wear as a necklace. I had the same thoughts as everyone else when she wore the necklace last year.

I guess it is just a matter of waiting for the right piece to turn up at auction and getting it for the right price unless it was a gift from a visiting country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom