Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's the first time that she wears her wedding tiara since she debuted her Edwardian ruby-spinel tiara.

I love her wedding tiara. It's been since 2015 she she last wore it.

What about the earrings
I think these are the ones bought from Bruun R, and made their debut in Oslo last spring at the 80th birthday celebrations of the King and Queen.

Last edited:
It's nice that Mary wore all three of her tiaras this year. I always enjoy to see a good variety. :D And let's not forget that the ruby tiara underwent another small rearrangement of the leaf elements, so that it now look more balanced than it did after the first rearrangement. Very well done, imo.

lovely collection, i wonder how many of the brooches are real.
my fav is the diamond and saphire one she wore to her children's christenings
Apart from the enormous brooch from the ruby pasture I think that brooch is for very, very important family occasions. We saw her wear it for the Baptisms of all her children and please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was a present from her M-I-L. It also has a "history" and she treats it in the same way that Queen Margrethe treats her own very special and gorgeous Daisy brooch.
It's nice that Mary wore all three of her tiaras this year. I always enjoy to see a good variety. [emoji3] And let's not forget that the ruby tiara underwent another small rearrangement of the leaf elements, so that it now look more balanced than it did after the first rearrangement. Very well done, imo.

What earrings is she wearing with the beautiful purplish blue gown? Are they the rubies

Looks like a simple drop version from the Desiree ruby set to me. But haven't seen a good enough close up to properly confirm.
Ah yes I can confirm they are from the ruby set along with the ruby bangle.

Last edited:
At the Women Deliver Conference 2019, did Mary wear a small, maple leaf shaped, diamond brooch on her blue blouse?
I dont' recall ever seeing anything like it from Mary before...

These are the best photos I can find:
https://kendte.dk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/20190604-180853-L-1637x1280we.jpg
https://kendte.dk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/20190604-205758-4-1637x1280we.jpg

What a classic proper look for a conference. Ladylike and not overdone with jewelry. Like the shade of blue on Mary.

That sure is a maple leaf. Possibly a gift to her or she bought it ahead of the trip. I love her earrings matching her blouse. What is t hat stone?

I love the brooch, hope to get a closer look.
I would say the blue stone is blue chalcedony. It is really pretty!!

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 158
The jewelry will go well with the Golden Poppies tiara or the Naasut tiara when she becomes Queen

Are they possibly part of the Crown jewel emerald parure usually worn by Queen Margrethe?

Are they possibly part of the Crown jewel emerald parure usually worn by Queen Margrethe?

I thought the same. I looked it up and it doesn't look like it is. The earrings from the Emerald Parure are square.

I then started looking at the Ruby Parure CP Mary wears and wondered if she's amended it further so the earrings so the middle ruby can be removable and another coloured stone can be used ...again, I don't think Mary has amended it.

I suspect she's either received them as a present or she's bought them at auction.

Pieces that belong to the Crown jewels can only be worn by a queen.

I thought the same. I looked it up and it doesn't look like it is. The earrings from the Emerald Parure are square.

I then started looking at the Ruby Parure CP Mary wears and wondered if she's amended it further so the earrings so the middle ruby can be removable and another coloured stone can be used ...again, I don't think Mary has amended it.

I suspect she's either received them as a present or she's bought them at auction.

I think she has acquired the emeralds herself.

Love the Emeralds!!!! Maybe a gift from her Husband????? Mary didn't have any Emeralds:flowers: that I'm aware of.

:previous: Ah, it takes a special sort of man to appreciate fine jewellery and here's hoping that Fred is the one that acquired her other tiara and these beautiful emerald earrings.

ps: Oh that every royal wife should have a hubby like Charles whose taste and largesse benefit both his wife and his daughters-in-law, probably other family members as well.

Can anyone identify the diamond earrings she wore at the evening reception with the blue dress and hair in a topknot?

Back
Top Bottom