Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The resident experts have probably worked it out, anyway:

Here is some info about Mary's earrings, which she wore when she presented the twins at Rigshospitalet: Billed-Bladet - STILFINDER: Kronprinsesse Marys fine øreringe

They are by Marianne Dulong, 18 carats gold with rosa quarts.

They are apparantly similar to the Delphis collection.

I believe that Mary also has some red stones (carnelian maybe?) that go in that setting as well. Looking foward to seeing some of Marys gems at the christening!

I wonder if Crown Prince Fredrick has given Crown Princess Mary a present of jewelry for the birth of the twins? Maybe we will see a gift at the christening.

or maybe she will have something from the royal collection:whistling: the queens are awfully possesive about their jewels aren't they?;)

Does anyone know the provenance of the lovely sapphire brooch Mary wore for the christening of both Pr. Christian and today, of the the twins?

:previous: The brooch was a gift to the Crown Princess of Sweden, Margaret of Connaught, from her parents the Duke and Duchess of Connaught.

Margaret was of course the mother of Queen Ingrid, Frederik's maternal grandmother.

It is believed Queen Margrethe gifted the brooch to Mary upon the birth of Prince Christian.

I have the book about the danish royal family jewelry but I don't speak or read danish so I couldn't tell you where it's from. It is a family heirloom.

I have the book about the danish royal family jewelry but I don't speak or read danish so I couldn't tell you where it's from. It is a family heirloom.
wow, may be you can post some photos?:flowers:

Thank you, Madame Royale! That brooch is gorgeous and looked great with the dress she wore and with only the understated pearl earrings. Mary looked absolutely gorgeous!

the brooch is absolutely amazing. I like earrings too. Are they new?

:previous: The earrings have a matching pearl nacklace and have been in Mary's possession since at least 2005. I believe that was when we saw the suite for the first time, during an official visit to Japan.

Last edited:
That brooch was perfect, she matched it so well. The pearl earrings were beautiful, too.

The tiara looks wonderful with the added pearls- or even without them. I also think she wore the same ear-rings as she did on her wedding day

Maybe this was her twins gift? I think for twins she should have just gotten a whole new tiara!

Marys tiara looks so great, but where is her push present? I was hoping for a new necklace or bracelet!

The redesign definately make the tiara look fuller, but for me it's still not very "grand".

I agree and you can easily see that the pearls were added at a later stage, it somehow doesnt blend in with the original design.

Mary needs a more prestiguos tiara than this one, it actually looks pretty cheap in comparison.

I actually like it better with the added pearls, for some reason it looks evenly balanced. Looks great with her pearl earrings now.

Last edited:
It's great if Mary can alter between the two looks of her bridal tiara; but if she can't, I definitely prefer the tiara in its original version. It is so delicate and beautiful in that version.

Not sure if the pearls can be taken off and added on again now, they look great with the earrings but somehow the tiara is not "round" if that makes sense. The pearls dont fit the design completely and without the pearls the tiara looks quite mingy.

In comparison to other tiaras of the DRF (incl the lower ranked Marie) and to Marys peers for me this piece ranks in the bottom three, really.
Mary is in need of a prestigous tiara, either borrowed from QM or for her to own. A push present would have been great in that respect but it seems neither MIL not hubby wanted to invest.

I don't agree with you that the tiara belongs to the bottom of the DR's collection. It's more fragile looking - more delicate - than most tiaras, but that is in my view a big part of its appeal.

Don't know if either QM or Frederik didn't want to invest in a new one (or frankly: could!) - perhaps Mary had other wishes than a tiara :)

if there will be a new tiara i think it will be a few more years,
she uses 3 tiaras if you count the modern, she has made chamges to this one i think she remove the pearls and have it as a orginal style
it means she has 4 different chooices when deciding what tiaras he will wear.

as she becomes queen there will be a few more for her to wear.

It might not be a tiara with thousands of diamonds but the design & the overall look of it is quite delicate making it different form the other tiaras that are big with big stones and covered in diamonds. Her red & ruby tiara is quite a big one therefore she does have a nice balanced collection for now.
I'd love to see her in a new tiara but maybe in the coming years she will be given one to borrow .

It might not be a tiara with thousands of diamonds but the design & the overall look of it is quite delicate making it different form the other tiaras that are big with big stones and covered in diamonds. Her red & ruby tiara is quite a big one therefore she does have a nice balanced collection for now.
I'd love to see her in a new tiara but maybe in the coming years she will be given one to borrow .
Your right dazzling, she does have the ruby tiara which is quite something. I would have preferred a diamond base, but I do realize that pearls are much more affordable and the do look stunning with her wedding earrings!:D

It’s exciting to see Mary playing with her jewellery. The added pearls give the tiara a fuller look, but on the other hand one can see that they were not part of the original design. They somehow don’t fit in completely. Especially the pearl band around the base has a somewhat harsh look. Or is it just the fact that I’m so much used to the orignal version? Maybe I’ll need more time to adjust my eyes.
I hope that the tiara is still versatile. It would be lovely to see it in different versions, without pearls, with some pearls, with many pearls, as a necklace… I will make tiara watching more exciting!

True, I think the wedding tiara is too mingy and the ruby tiara (especially with full jewellery gear) can be quite over the top. It would be nice to see Mary with something fitting right inbetween the extremes.

I am glad there was no ruby tiara tonight, it would have been over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom