Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a beautiful set.Some people might think that the set "speaks too loud",but as we all see,CP Mary wore it with a simple black dress.I find it a great combination.Besides,Mary is always carefull not to "bling",she has never let me down with her choices.

Amrita Singh - Bollywood - Rehka Earring

those are Mary's earrings? And for $40?! Nice.. I'd always thought that the CP's jewels would cost WAY more than that. Those are really cool earrings, it went really well with the dress.

Ayvee posted the same link above, so I'd think that you are relatively safe to say that they are, as Ayvee is rarely wrong on such matters ;) JMO of course though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please post close up detailed images of "Georg Jensen grape necklace and earrings on Crown Princess Mary at the Opera for the IOC" mentioned in the above posts? I'd love to see a close up of this set. Thank you in advance!

On Princess Mary, you can see it better when she wore it the first time in Germany. Check this link and scroll down to 'Close-up 4'
Prinses Mary: Sieraden
More photos of Princess Mary in Germany can be found here: http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/2006/02/cp-frederik-and-cpss-mary-arrive-for.html

Not so clear when she wore it at the Opera: http://www.daylife.com/photo/0e5t7AY7qq7Ss?q=princess+mary

If you want to see detail of the necklace and earrings, Ebay has them on sale.
Necklace: GEORG JENSEN sterling ART DECO grape necklace - eBay (item 220481842109 end time Oct-16-09 16:57:49 PDT)

Earrings: Georg Jensen Silver Earrings # 40 GRAPES - eBay (item 170262745577 end time Oct-11-09 04:25:50 PDT)

Thank you soooooooo much Ayvee- I am becoming educated on historical turn of the century sterling silver jewelry made by Mr. Jensen. I do think it is a lovely set, and looked wonderful on CP Mary for the Opera. It is amazing you can buy these on E-bay of all places!

Georg Jensen company started making the grape collection again so it's readily available to buy. Back when Princess Mary wore it in Germany, the grape collection could only be purchased in antique/estate jewelers. But now that they've started making it, you can get it at any Georg Jensen store and on Ebay.

I really love this set. It has presence, and makes a statement. It's absolutely beautiful although I preferred the neckline of the gown she wore the first time as it acted as a frame for the set. This time it's sort of messy.

Have we decided that she owned it then and now or borrowed it both times?

Georg Jensen company started making the grape collection again so it's readily available to buy. Back when Princess Mary wore it in Germany, the grape collection could only be purchased in antique/estate jewelers. But now that they've started making it, you can get it at any Georg Jensen store and on Ebay.
thank you so much for all the information, ebay has wonderful photos to see, it is a lovely piece, i am sure he start the colction again becasue Mary is using it! I wonder if this is a present from Fred or just she gor it from the company as a gift? eventhoguht it is silver, still pretty expensive!!

Mary has some nice necklaces. The diamond locket hasn't made an appearance in a while. Thanks for the gallery!:p

:previous: Most of the pieces are very beautiful.I liked those with the dark colored pearls(necklace,earrings etc.).Thanks,Dazzling :flowers:

Mary was wearing some new jewelry yesterday. very beautiful. Does anyone have a close-up of the ring, she has worn it the last couple events. I wonder is it new? Ayvee? any idea?

The ring Princess Mary wore on Oct. 7, 2009 'Free From Bullying':
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/mary/oct72009ring.jpg
is from Marianne Dulong. At the center is a round champagne brown diamond in five-prong setting and on either side are two marquis-cut diamond ins bezel setting.
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/mary/MD_ring_brown_diamond.jpg

The first time she wore this was in September 18, 2007 in NYC for 'Creative Nation' for the evening event. Last time I noticed her wearing it was her trip to Chicago Mar. 22, 2009 at a Danish design furniture store.

This ring is so beautiful.Brown diamonds must cost a looot....

Thank you so much for the pics and the info. Really pretty ring!!!!! Ayvee you are awesome with all your information on Princess Mary!

Thank you so much for the pics and the info. Really pretty ring!!!!! Ayvee you are awesome with all your information on Princess Mary!

I'm glad I'm able to provide info. But there's nothing awesome about it because most of the jewelry that I know of that Princess Mary wears are from Marianne Dulong which are/were featured on her website (www.mariannedulong.dk).

As for recognizing Princess Mary's Amrita Singh earrings, it's because the local jewelry store stocks them up. I think they are not for everyone though because they are quite big and I find them overwhelming.

Impressive pieces,LGates.Thanks for the link!And their prices are not too high.

Princess Mary of Denmark Earrings

Princess Mary is so Chic. I saw a picture of her with the most beautiful earrings earlier this year. I did some research and found out it was by a young Indian designer named Amrita Singh. Since then i have become such a big fan of her jewelry. This is a picture of Princess Mary with the earrings on.

Indian Jewelry | Designer Fashion Jewelry | Costume Jewelry by Amrita Singh

I bought them in the red and they are really very nice.

I love them too and I think at least is something that we ,the commons, we can afford!

Time to move to a new thread.

Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4

commencing November 2009 can be found here.

¤ ¤ ¤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom