Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 2: January 2006 - June2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a vry nice necklace

What jewellery has she gotten as a gift from others then family
from any Danish organisation?

Last edited:
I'm not sure which earrings you're refering to, depending on how far down you scroll. The black pearl and diamond ones are nice and seem to go with the above mentioned black pearl and diamond bracelet. If it's the ruby and diamond earring to which you are refering, my guess would be the came from the ruby parure and had the dangling stuff removed. There is something at the top of the earring that I can only guees would be there if there were attachmenets.

Hi everyone, WOW web-logs have some great close up pics of earrings etc of our crown princesses. Pity I don't speak Dutch. I love the fact Mary is wearing her ruby earrings without the three drops from the Desiree parure.

Mary has worn this ring a couple of times lately. Does anyone know of the first time (or when she got it?)? I first noticed it here, on the 15th of March.

I read on another board that the ring was by Fendi :)

Ah, thank you for the correction berry :flowers: Mary seems to really like Marianne Dulong - she has many a piece of Marianne's various collections

Ah, thank you for the correction berry :flowers: Mary seems to really like Marianne Dulong - she has many a piece of Marianne's various collections
i think mary has nearly the whole collection of marianne dulong. when i visited the store i recognized nearly everything as "worn by crownprincess mary". some things were altered but you could connect it with pieces mary wore.

i think mary has nearly the whole collection of marianne dulong. when i visited the store i recognized nearly everything as "worn by crownprincess mary". some things were altered but you could connect it with pieces mary wore.

Not really a surprise since Princess Mary's stylist, Anja used to be the PR contact for Marianne Dulong.

You can also purchase Marianne Dulong jewelry on her online store. There are a lot of pieces featured that Mary has including a similar ring she wore to this event.
Marianne Dulong Webshop

-Ayvee

Last edited:
i wasn't surprised at all. i felt like i was beamed into mary's jewellery case :)

Take a number - the line forms here (behind me!):D

Cat

Mary's rings

I noticed Mary often (always?) wears two rings, one with a pearl.
Is that her wedding ring?

Mary's engagement ring is of a ruby surrounded on either side by a diamond. Her wedding ring is a band of diamonds. Do you have a picture of this pearl ring??

I noticed Mary often (always?) wears two rings, one with a pearl.
Is that her wedding ring?

The pearl ring you are talking about originally belonged to the Queen. She gave it to Mary and Mary wears it quite often. It is a pearl surrounded by diamonds. she is wearing it on the first day in Iceland.

Thanks a lot for all the information!
She doesn't seem to be wearing her wedding ring always, does she?

Whenever we see Mary out and about, we always see her wearing her wedding ring.

Her engagement ring is the ruby and diamond one. Her wedding ring is a diamond eternity band she wears with the engagement ring. I have never seen her without it.

I am not sure if this will be a gala wedding in denmark, but if there will be one.
Will she wear her wedding tiara, i think the other one is to big for a wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I personally hate this ruby parure/tiara thing. It's looks to me like a (very expensive) wreath of flowers on top of her head. The other tiara she has is nice, but a bit small for a crownprincess. It's about time Frederik gets her a decent diamond or pearl one. Imo pearls would look wonderfull on Mary.

'Thing'...you call it a 'thing'?...:eek:

That's fair enough. We all have your ideas on what is becoming of jewellery, and what is not.

And you're right, it is a very very expensive wreath of Ivy leaves which adorn it's frame. It just so happens to be one of the more historically ingtriguing parures left in Continental Europe with a provenance derived from the Imperial command of Napoleon I.

I think the Crown Princess could wear the tiara better though. It's angled too much so it rests backwards. I think it should be worn as it was worn for her pre-wedding gala banquet at Christiansborg.

Last edited:
Yep, I still call it a 'thing'. Somehow it totally doesn't suit Mary, no matter how she wears it. Napoleon I or not, it's an odd piece of work. I think it's very hard to find a woman on who this would actually look good. It stands out to much and imo not in a good way.

I think you critising everything about Mary stands out and imo not in a good way either.

Let's keep some perspective here. Mary's ruby and diamaond tiara is not everybody's favourite and it is quite OK for members to say so.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom