Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 2: January 2006 - June2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pendant looked like pink sapphire and diamond. The ring looked like straight diamonds. I hope we get to see close ups.

The ring is hard to see in detail but it looks like it has larger diamonds, maybe three, surrounded by many diamonds in a pave setting.
Lucky Mary!

I don't like the necklace, but the ring is pretty!

They work for me, I could do with a pink sapphire, and a few more diamonds. Hopefully Mary got a nice heritage piece out of Queen Margrethe's vault as well.

The new jewelry looks like the ordinary type sold at Macy's. Nothing like the brooch that she wore to Christian's christening.

did she get any jewllery when christian was born?
Yes she received a saphire and Diamond brooch inherited from Queen Ingrid, who had received it from her mother, Princess Margaret of Sweden(married to heir apparent of the Swedish Crown), nee princess Margaret of Conaught. A real historical peice!

Mary was recently spotted at the Foss christening wearing the new Georg Jensen "Cave" jewelry line. It looks really nice on her.

Perhaps someone better than I can post closeups of the jewelry Mary wore in New York. Several pieces she has worn so far are new, and a few we've seen before.

This blog has some nice close up pictures of her jewelry. I think her coral set from the first day is from Marianne Dulong. At least, the ring looks like one of the models from Dulong's collection. I am in awe of diamond(?) earrings. They are huge and just stunning. Truthfully, I would expect such a piece to be worn by an Oranje princess.;)

royals.web-log.nl: Mary and Frederik's visit to New-York.

I don't think those earrings in the last photo are diamond, at least not the large stones. I can't imagine taking such valuable earrings on a non-State Visit (if they are real). Then again, they look a little too real to be fake.....

It looks similar. But it is by Georg Jensen (the one that Mary wears) and can currently be found on their webpage.

This blog has some nice close up pictures of her jewelry. I think her coral set from the first day is from Marianne Dulong. At least, the ring looks like one of the models from Dulong's collection. I am in awe of diamond(?) earrings. They are huge and just stunning. Truthfully, I would expect such a piece to be worn by an Oranje princess.;)

royals.web-log.nl: Mary and Frederik's visit to New-York.

I don't think those earrings in the last photo are diamond, at least not the large stones. I can't imagine taking such valuable earrings on a non-State Visit (if they are real). Then again, they look a little too real to be fake.....

They are real. The earring is also interchangeable with an amythest too I believe.

Ooooo...I bet they're really pretty with Amethysts! Has she ever worn them that way?

Yes, she has I believe. I think there is one more interchangeable stone too. It's either a different shape or color. I don't think I am confusing them. The Unofficial Crown Princess Mary Message Board is a good resource for all things Mary.

l think she tends to be simple whn it comes to jewellery , but l like her fashion sense even more

The pendant looked like pink sapphire and diamond. The ring looked like straight diamonds. I hope we get to see close ups.

Too pitty the pic of the pendant can't be found on Madeleines site any more. It clearly shows a pendant consisting of a light blue and a pink stone (maybe topas) I'm pretty sure they do symbolize a boy and a girl - Mary's children :wub: Wonder, who had the idea for this piece of jewelry.

From my general perusial of CPM jewelry threads, is it correct to assume CPM favors amethysts and aqumarines?
I really like her emerald-cut diamond (or aquamarine?) post earrings she wears. Does anybody know more about them? Does she have an amethyst set as well?
Has CPMary worn the sapphire brooch she received from the Queen and wore at Christian's christening since then?

From my general perusial of CPM jewelry threads, is it correct to assume CPM favors amethysts and aqumarines?
I really like her emerald-cut diamond (or aquamarine?) post earrings she wears. Does anybody know more about them? Does she have an amethyst set as well?
Has CPMary worn the sapphire brooch she received from the Queen and wore at Christian's christening since then?

I haven't seen Mary with the brooch since the christening - that is the only time I have seen it.
But, I could of course be worng. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am!

The sapphire brooch she wore for Christian's christening was seen again for the christening of Prince Sverre MAgnus in Norway. So, she has only worn this brooch twice.

As far as emerald cut stud earrings, Princess Mary has a pair in diamonds, amethyst, aquamarines and morganite.

Amethyst is her birthstone which is probably why she has a lot of jewelry with amethysts.

As for the aquamarines that she wears during gala events (aquamarine choker, aquamarine chandelier earrings, aquamarine teardrop earrings, huge aquamarine ring), I think she has a lot of these because the stones match the sash of the Order of the Elephant. Or perhaps she just likes the color of the stones.

-Ayvee

As far as emerald cut stud earrings, Princess Mary has a pair in diamonds, amethyst, aquamarines and morganite.

-Ayvee

Thanks for the info. Morganite, huh? I've never heard of that stone before. After a little research I discovered that it is another name for pink beryl. Since I happened to be reading 'Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic' I looked it up, and found the information to be very interesting. Were these by chance a gift from her husband?

Morganite, huh? I've never heard of that stone before. After a little research I discovered that it is another name for pink beryl.
Here's a link to the excellent 'Gem by Gem' website: Morganite. "Women the world over love morganite for its fine pink tones which radiate charm, esprit and tenderness."

Were these by chance a gift from her husband?

It's anyone's guess.

What has been reported in Danish magazines and also in Majesty magazine is that her diamond and aquamarine jewelry were gifts from Prince Frederik. Majesty magazine says these were given to Mary during her engagement period (before the wedding). Of course, this includes her engagement ring and the emerald cut diamond stud earrings she wore during the engagement interview.

The only other jewelry that has been reported as a gift from Prince Frederik is an amethyst necklace (oval amethyst with 3 briolette drops) which she wore when she took Prince Christian home from the hospital and also for the official photos.

As for morganite, this stone is considered as another option for October birthstones (for Prince Christian).

-Ayvee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom