Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 1: December 2003-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that necklace posted above is very unique. i don't think i've seen anything quite like it. it looks very nice :)

Yes, just pass many time. I like to see her in gala dress and pregnant.

do you think we will see mary at the new year gala

am i right if i count it to 5 times she has worn a tiara

Would someone be so kind as to relieve my screaming frustration by finding a decent, as opposed to the mostly awful to mediocre -for some strange reason-photograph of the magnificent Princess Mary wearing the Desiree Clary tiara. I think it is a staggering piece of the jeweler's art and have long been looking for a decent picture of it. I do not think those rubies were ever treated (a disgusting habit) and as a result have the natural colour of the real thing. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Aquamarine Choker

andiemac said:
mary's new aquamarine choker with pearls which she wore for the romanian state visit says it all. no other crown princess has a choker as big as hers. i bet there will more jewellery from fred since she is his sun and moon. well.. just quoting from his wedding speech to mary.

Can you post a picture of this? None of the other links to a picture of this choker are working.

does anyone have photos of the times mary worn a tiara

first time a few days before her wedding 2 - the day before her wedding
3 her wedding day
4 - at henriks birthday
5 cant remember i think at a state visit

508257610uw.jpg

508336495qe.jpg

508371699zl.jpg

these are getty images

Last edited:
betina said:
This ruby set is not Marys but a part of the Danish crownjuwels:)

That is not so.

The parure belongs to HRH the Crown Prince Frederik. It was left to him by his beloved grandmother, HM the Queen Mother Ingrid and upon her death in 2000 was given to the Crown Prince ;) :)

"MII"

Last edited:
betina said:
This ruby set is not Marys but a part of the Danish crownjuwels:)

No, this RUBY SET is NOT a part of the Danish crown jewelry.

In fact, this RUBY SET belongs to Crown Prince Frederik and now is Crown Prince Frederik's beloved wife - Crown Princess Mary's. :p

Amen

Last edited:
I thought the ruby parure was a part of the crown jewels along with the emerald and pearl parures.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I thought the ruby parure was a part of the crown jewels along with the emerald and pearl parures.

No, if the Ruby parure was a part of Danish crown jewels, Crown Princess Mary was NOT allowed to wear it since it is the Danish Law and the Royal Protocols that ONLY the Queen of Denmark is allowed to wear the Danish crown jewels!!!!!

The FACT is that QMII is NOT allowed to wear the RUBY parure because it is NOT a part of the Danish crown jewels. It actually belongs to the late Queen Ingrid personally and now it belongs to Crown Prince Frederik as a gift from the late Queen Ingrid.

Have you seen QMII wearing the RUBY parure!!!!!:rolleyes:

Since the Ruby parure now belongs to Crown Prince Frederik personally, ONLY Crown Princess Mary can wear it!!!!!:p

Amen

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but maybe it was the fact that HM the Queen Mother Ingrid often wore the Queen Desiree diamond & ruby parure during her time as respective consort that led people to believe that it was infact part of the crown jewels.

It just happend to be a parure that the then HM the Queen (and later Queen Mother) favoured and often wore ;) :)

I'm not sure if this has already been explained (sorry if it has), but the tiara was actually only half it's current size until HM the Queen Ingrid decided to have it's matching corsage added to add extra height.

"MII"

Last edited:
last night mary wore a tiara there are no good photos yet but i am sure they will be posted soon

Margrethe II said:
I'm not sure, but maybe it was the fact that HM the Queen Mother Ingrid often wore the Queen Desiree diamond & ruby parure during her time as respective consort that led people to believe that it was infact part of the crown jewels.

It just happend to be a parure that the then HM the Queen (and later Queen Mother) favoured and often wore ;) :)

I'm not sure if this has already been explained (sorry if it has), but the tiara was actually only half it's current size until HM the Queen Ingrid decided to have it's matching corsage added to add extra height.

"MII"

Margerethe II, do you think that the Queen is not allowed to wear it as someone mentioned it, or she chose not to wear it before Fredrick got married. I'm sure the queen wears many jewels not belonging to the crown jewels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom