Crown Princess Máxima Jewellery 2: November 2006-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Her Majesty the pearl button tiara is not for Maxima she looks better with the stars

I have to say that I don't care for this tiara, whether it's with the pearl buttons or stars. It's too sparse looking and spiky, and needs more embellishments in the gaps. As far as the star look, it reminds me of fireworks bursts. But the pearl drop earrings are gorgeous!

Last edited:

Attachments

• 2. Base + buttons 2.jpg
    2. Base + buttons 2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 372
  • 4. The Star Tiara.jpg
    4. The Star Tiara.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,344
Last edited:
On her arrival in Brunei she wore these gorgeous emerald and diamond earrings and butterfly brooch.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2a9bfgk.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/1qjzfp.jpg

Simply stunning emeralds!

I'd guess quartz and citrine and diamonds

Here's Maxima wearing the Pearl Button tiara with lovely peal drop earrings.

http://i49.tinypic.com/27x2lmr.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/mmboza.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2yx2lap.jpg

Not a fan of the Pearl Button tiara but I do much prefer the Star version of the tiara.

Hmm.. I don't know why, but somehow I prefer the stars version of the tiara on Maxima. Imo the pearl button tiara with the pearls looks great on Beatrix, but it doesn't really work on Maxima... That's just my opinion of course. ;)

I agree with you, this tiara works best for Queen Beatrix.

May I ask what happened to the fleurs de lis that used to be on top of this tiara/coronet?
I'm afraid the information is not available.
They might have been broken up for use as brooches although I don't seem to recall any of the Dutch royal ladies wearing similar pieces.

Your right I do prefer the stars on Maxima, but I love seeing her in a different tiara. She has so many choices in the vault and she always tries something new. The bee brooch on the flower dress is not new I have seen it on the Queen Bea, but never Maxima. That vault is endless......yeah for us!!!

Yes I guess she never imagine to have access to all his incredible jewellery, not only for thevalue but who worn thispieces beofre, the history that they have! she really won the lotto when she married

For some reason, I don't like the pearl button tiara on Maxima with either the stars or the buttons, although I thought it was beautiful for her wedding. I think it needs something high behind it (a veil or hair) not to look overly spiky.

And yes- the emerald earrings and butterfly brooch she wore for the arrival in Brunei was absolutely stunning.

:previous:
I don't think it's the same brooch, Marengo. The pink stone (topaz?) of the Prinsjesdag one is more rectangular and in a spikey setting, while the upper stone of today's brooch is more on the square side and in a more delicate, round setting. On a side note, I really do love today's brooch and matching earrings!

I think the camera angles are playing tricks- I suspect with Marengo that the brooch is the same, with an added pendant. Whatever its origin, it is breathtaking.

Your right I do prefer the stars on Maxima, but I love seeing her in a different tiara. She has so many choices in the vault and she always tries something new. That vault is endless......yeah for us!!!

Yeah, this is the vault (maybe together with the UK one) with the most happy surprises to come... looking forward to it!!!!

BYe Bine

I think the camera angles are playing tricks- I suspect with Marengo that the brooch is the same, with an added pendant. Whatever its origin, it is breathtaking.
It's possible; camera angle does change the appearance of a jewel a lot.
But what that brooch reminds me most is the centrepiece of Queen Silvia's necklace (which, I believe, can be separated and worn as a brooch as well).

Wonderful! Maxima is wearing a diamond hair comb of Queen Wilhelmina again. She already wore it at the pre-wedding of CP Victoria. But back then it was difficult to see because she wore it at the back of her head.

Last edited:
A very nice retro '60s hairdo with the comb placed very nicely for ultimate effect. I adore those chandelier earrings as well.

Are there any other links to pictures from today that clearly show Maxima wearing the Hair Ornament? Those two links on the last page wouldn't load for me for some reason. Very annoying too!!

Wonderful! Maxima is wearing a diamond hair comb of Queen Wilhelmina again. She already wore it at the pre-wedding of CP Victoria. But back then it was difficult to see because she wore it at the back of her head.

It's amazing how Maxima was able to take this small hair comb and, with some dramatic hair and a great dress, elevate it to the effect of a full tiara. I hope we see her wear this again.

Im so curious to know what kind of jewelry trunks Maxima and the Queen use for trips like this. Full day jewelry to Full night, it must be incredible.

Im so curious to know what kind of jewelry trunks Maxima and the Queen use for trips like this. Full day jewelry to Full night, it must be incredible.
I agree with you and can you imagine the security too!!!!! it not only the expensive pieces is the history that they have! just amazing! can't imagine her face the first time she went to the vaults to choose her wedding tiara!

It's amazing how Maxima was able to take this small hair comb and, with some dramatic hair and a great dress, elevate it to the effect of a full tiara. I hope we see her wear this again.

I really thought it was a tiara until I saw here on the jewelry thread that it was actually a comb. She did elevate it nicely to the look of a tiara with a hairstyle that set it off perfectly. Nice to see these pieces inventively worn.

Last edited:
I already checked that out over at your page. :) I want to see how it looked on her yesterday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom