Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm talking about, bring out the jewels people haven't seen in years. The Queen has dug into her vaults for Sophie & Catherine. I hope this is a sign that we will see more of the jewels that's buried in the royal vaults. Sophie looks beautiful.

countess felicitas said:
...and it looks like Sophie is all into Aquamarines :) not espesically a great fan of this tiara - but hey, a new outing - Hurray!

Yes, interesting that she has borrowed another aquamarine tiara, as she already has an aquamarine & diamond one. If I were her I'd be angling to borrow emeralds, rubies or sapphires!

I love this tiara, it is beautiful. Her necklace is also stunning. Great to see Sophie being allowed to borrow other jewellery. Good job, Your Majesty.

Her necklace looks familiar. I am sure it is the necklace Diana wore on 28th March 1983, during her tour of Australia.

when was this tiara last seen?

what about the necklace, she has used it a few times when were the first time?

Thanks for all the pics. Maybe it is just me but with all of the pieces Sophie has gotten so far it seems like she is a favorite of the queen. I like this rendition with the aquamarines more than the Queen's. Wonder if it is hers or a loaner.

Love the necklace loaned out by the Queen - it suits a younger royal like Diana back in 1983 and today Sophie.

Also interesting to see the Queen loaning a different tiara to Sophie - shows how much she appreciates the hardwork Edward and Sophie do as couple that goes unrecognised.

The tiara is pretty and the necklace is beautiful for the reception but they didn't work together IMO. They should've been worn separately and with matching earrings.

dazzling said:
The tiara is pretty and the necklace is beautiful for the reception but they didn't work together IMO. They should've been worn separately and with matching earrings.

I agree with you - and why did she wear pearl earrings?

WOW! Tiara alert! New one for Sophie. So HM has two aquamarine tiaras? Please correct me if I am wrong. I agree though, her whole suite should have matched...the dress and color of the stones and then diamonds around her neck does not flow evenly...BUT SHE LOOKS STUNNING!

dazzling said:

My thoughts exactly.

I'm happy to see the King Faisal of Saudi Arabia necklace worn again after so many years! Maybe it's the first time a royal jewel worn by Diana is worn again (excluding her engagement ring and sapphire earrings worn by Kate, which were private jewels). And I'm also happy to see that the queen's small aquamarine tiara hasn't been dismantled to make the horrible bigger brazilian aquamarine tiara!
I only think she should have worn a pair of diamond earrings, the pearls didn't match with the tiara and necklace.

Alyend said:
I'm happy to see the King Faisal of Saudi Arabia necklace worn again after so many years! Maybe it's the first time a royal jewel worn by Diana is worn again (excluding her engagement ring and sapphire earrings worn by Kate, which were private jewels). And I'm also happy to see that the queen's small aquamarine tiara hasn't been dismantled to make the horrible bigger brazilian aquamarine tiara!
I only think she should have worn a pair of diamond earrings, the pearls didn't match with the tiara and necklace.

This diamond necklace was never Diana's - she wore it only once or twice, it is still worn by the Queen on occasion.

Maybe she brought in the pearls to work back to the Family Honour? That's the only thing I could think of.

This diamond necklace was never Diana's - she wore it only once or twice, it is still worn by the Queen on occasion.
I didn't said it was hers, I said only said she has worn it.
But I didn't know the Queen still wears it, thank you for the information!

I loved the necklace, she should borrow different pieces she has never worn before from the Queen more often. Amen! :angel:

It could be the start of Sophie, Catherine and Camilla wearing some jewels that the public and media haven't seen in a long time. There's a great deal of jewels in the vault that they could use and play around with (change to fit their own personality and taste).

The Queen has often worn the Faisal diamond necklace, which was created by Harry Winston to The King's order.

I believe the aquamarines in the smaller 1968 Sao Paulo tiara were used to create the redesigned tiara by Garrard's in 1971 that The Queen wears with her other Brazilian coronation aquamarines (which are of very rare and priceless quality).

It looks to me that the 1968 tiara may have been re-set with lesser quality aquamarines for Sophie's use.

Sophie's tiara is stunning! I wish the stones were a little darker though.

Loved the necklace but the tiara is not one of my favorites. If she were going to go that route I would much rather have seen her in the large aquamarine and diamond tiara she received in 2004. She wore it to Prince Albert of Monaco's enthronement ceremony.

To tell you the truth, I like the necklace better than the tiara. I wonder if it can be converted into a tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom