British Royal Jewels of the Past 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful news...so glad it's being retained!

LaRae

I wonder if it actually existed as a tiara...

LaRae

The Fife family really had some beautiful and historic jewels,shame that so many of them were sold off!

Well they have sure hung on to a few good pieces!

LaRae

What notable Fife jewels have been sold? I guess you can say that the Fife Tiara was sold, but it was sold to the British government and is being exhibited, which is preferable (IMO) to getting, every decade or two, a grainy photo of the tiara on some unknown bride.

I think the tiaras are on loan....not sure what has been sold by the Fife family.

LaRae

That Fife tiara is lovely....wonder who has it then.

LaRae

Ah...ok then as I understand it that means we aren't going to be seeing any of the BRF wearing it (major bummer)...right? It will be in a museum etc?

LaRae

Ah...ok then as I understand it that means we aren't going to be seeing any of the BRF wearing it (major bummer)...right? It will be in a museum etc?

LaRae
Yep, it's at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It's not going to be worn again, but at least it can be appreciated by the visitors.

edit: Sorry, V&A is not correct. The Fife tiara is on show at Kensington Palace.

Last edited:
It was given on stipulation it is looked after by Historic Royal Palaces the agency in charge of caring for the old royal residences (not the Royal Collection) and also that it is displayed at Kensington Palace.

Thanks Tilia and tommy!

Such a shame...would love to see that on someone's head! It's a stunning piece.

LaRae

You are of course right, Tommy. It is displayed at Kensington Palace.

I agree that it'a a stunning piece. But I think that it's great that it now on show for the public instead of being auctioned off to an anonymous bidder. Since the family had to let it go because of the taxes, this was the very best solution. I do hope that the other two tiaras can still be taken out of display and being worn from time to time. Especially the fringe would make a lovely wedding tiara for the family.

I think if I got my hands on that emerald tiara they'd never get it back to the museum <G>

LaRae

Yeah..sorry can't get excited about any of the fringe tiara...none of them have ever appealed to me.

LaRae

Yeah..sorry can't get excited about any of the fringe tiara...none of them have ever appealed to me.

LaRae

Me too. The only fringe that I liked is when Princess Michael of Kent put that roll of diamonds on top of the fringe. That soften of the fringe a bit.

Jacqui that helps it A LOT...it really does change the look of it with that row on top.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom