Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
posting this again since my earlier post didn't show up for some reason...

i think i've found countess estelle's other so called "mystery tiara". i think it's the one queen lovisa had.

people have also confused the queen sofia/estelle's pink topaz tiara with the one jill bernadotte is wearing in this photo, but i think it's the same as queen lovisa also :) since jill is married to bertil, who is estelle's son and they would have enherited it.

the "mystery" tiara:
153mjis.jpg

and then the pink topaz that we all have come to love. since estelle's son bertil enherited the tiara above, her other son folke jr enherited this one, and gave it to his wife christine who has also been pictured wearing it in the 80's. and she's the one the king bought it back from in 2012 :)

120ti04.jpg

i think i've found countess estelle's other so called "mystery tiara". i think it's the one queen lovisa had.

people have also confused the queen sofia/estelle's pink topaz tiara with the one jill bernadotte is wearing in this photo, but i think it's the same as queen lovisa also :) since jill is married to bertil, who is estelle's son and they would have enherited it.

the "mystery" tiara:
153mjis.jpg

and then the pink topaz that we all have come to love. since estelle's son bertil enherited the tiara above, her other son folke jr enherited this one, and gave it to his wife christine who has also been pictured wearing it in the 80's. and she's the one the king bought it back from in 2012 :)

120ti04.jpg

Interesting guess...are you sure about mystery tiara...it doesn't look to me the same in Lovisa's photo and of Estelle :-/ looks similar, but not the same...don't know :(

does anyone know what tiara queen lovisa is wearing in this picture?
i've never seen it before..

xfxajb.jpg

These earrings are soooo stunning indeed!!!!

the "mystery" tiara:
153mjis.jpg

120ti04.jpg

Looks like you're on to something here

I don't know. There is a similarity, but that style of tiara is rather common. When enlarging the portrait of Queen Lovisa, the tiara seems to be of a scroll design, while the tiara on Countess Estelle/Jill looks more like a stylized floral design.

But of course you are right in that Countess Estelle had two tiaras: the pink tourmaline tiara which reportedly had been sold recently, and the diamond tiara now worn by Countess Jill.

could this diamond choker that Grand Duchess Louise of Baden, nee Prussia is wearing in this pictures
luise_viktoria_baden_189.jpg

luise_viktoria_baden_809.jpg

be this bracelet
Crown-Princess-Victoria-bracelet-and-clutch.png

Princess Birgitta's Pearl Circle Tiara,its one tiara I hadn't taken notice of before and last seen worn by one of her daughters to the 2010 wedding of Crown Princess Victoria.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2017/01/19/pearl-circle-tiara/
I think that Princess Birgitta has worn this tiara only once. Or at least, I have seen only pics of her wearing it at one event. Afaik, those pics are from her pre-wedding.

It is interesting that Nicole Neschitsch, the wife of her eldest son Prince Karl Christian, hasn't worn this tiara at her wedding. On the other hand, both her daughter and her other daughter-in-law wore it on their wedding day.

Did Nicole wear any tiara? I can only find a picture of their civil wedding.

Since Desiree seems to wear it often, perhaps the article is right abd her mother gifted it to her. Odd haven't seen on Birgitta but once.

Did Nicole wear any tiara? I can only find a picture of their civil wedding.

Since Desiree seems to wear it often, perhaps the article is right abd her mother gifted it to her. Odd haven't seen on Birgitta but once.

No Nicole wore no tiara at her Wedding. I habve read that Prticness Birgitta gave the tiara to Désirée at her Wedding in 1990. So perhaps it was her who lonaed it to Ute Maria for her Wedding. Désirée wore this tiara for the 60th and 70th birthdays of King Carl Gustaf and to the swedish royal weddings

The tiara was a present from Her Grandfather the King of Sweden.

Princess Desiree wore it at the King's 60th birthday, at the wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie of Isenburg, and, as mentioned before, at the three grand weddings in Stockholm. Neither of her sisters-in-law were seen with tiara at any of these events. So there are good reasons to assume the pearl circle tiara is either hers, or meant to become hers.

edit:
I only just saw your pics, An Ard Ri.
The pic with the white shawl is from the Prussia-Isenburg wedding 2011.
The green gown is from Madeleine's wedding, and the blue gown from Carl-Philip's.

Last edited:
i found a tiara i've never seen before!! :D it belonged to queen Sofia and is made of gold, agate and onyx. here's a link to it at sweden's "digital museum", there are three photos of it and the whole set it comes with! :D https://digitaltmuseum.se/021026242380/smyckegarnityr?i=13&aq=text:"drottning"

our nordic museum has a collection of royal jewellery too and here i found desidera's (desirée clary) black "sorrow tiara": Nordiska museet - Smyckessamlingen — Välkommen i'm guessing it was worn after her husband died.

i love finding unknown tiaras like this :D

Madeleine is a very classy lady with a lineage that beats many of the guests at the banquet... her daughter and her two little "friends" ?? not so much

Last edited:
Ehem... well, about the jewels: Is there anything known about the golden bandeau? It looks like a ears-of-wheat design. I heard rumours that Madeleine Bernadotte has also worn this tiara before. But I have never seen pictures.

Madeleine Bernadotte wore the von Rosen tiara, as usual. It's from her mother's side of the family, the von Rosen. She looked splendid with it yesterday.

Ehem... well, about the jewels: Is there anything known about the golden bandeau? It looks like a ears-of-wheat design. I heard rumours that Madeleine Bernadotte has also worn this tiara before. But I have never seen pictures.

Madeleine Bernadotte wore the von Rosen tiara, as usual. It's from her mother's side of the family, the von Rosen. She looked splendid with it yesterday.
I dont think its something that comes from Madeleines fathers side of the family. Ive never seen her grandmother Ingeborg in anything resembling it. Maybe another piece originating with her mother?

Princess Ingeborg gave most of her jewels to Mararetha and Martha.Not a lor for Astrid 's Children and less to her Son .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom