Belgian Royal Jewels of the Past

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And missed opportunities to buy some back but splashed out on Yachts instead.

Queen Astrid's Emeralds went to her daughter the late Grand Duchess Joséphine Charlotte but have not been seen since death in 2005!

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2020/0...n Astrid also owned a,since her death in 2005.

Queen Astrid's diamonds-presumed lost!
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2022/09/queen-astrids-glittering-royal-wedding-diamonds.html
I still don’t get why they prioritize getting yachts and boats over tiaras when they can easily get some not too expensive tiaras. Plus they are selling a yacht. I get that tiara events aren’t like before but still. Plus they could have bought some of Marie Gabrielle of Savoy’s tiaras which were stunning. But oh well, their vault will be small for years to come.

Princess Ingeborg must have been sad to see Lilian Baels , King Leopold III second wife wearing her daughter Queen Astrid personal jewels !

Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte owns Queen Astrid famous emerald earrings , her watch , the choker necklace with an emerald ( birth present). She asked Van Cleef to realize an emerald necklace tiara with her mothers emeralds and cross emerald.

Queens Fabiola and Paola had an emerald brooch . Queen Fabiola wore it at Persepolis.

Does anyone know what happened to Princess Clementine's jewels, none of her descendants have worn her tiara's so I assume they were sold.

Also what jewels of Queen Marie Henrietta did Princess Stephanie end up with? Princess Louise and Princess Clementine each received a tiara, did Princess Stephanie as well?

Does anyone know what happened to Princess Clementine's jewels, none of her descendants have worn her tiara's so I assume they were sold.

Also what jewels of Queen Marie Henrietta did Princess Stephanie end up with? Princess Louise and Princess Clementine each received a tiara, did Princess Stephanie as well?
I’m not sure they were sold, the descendants are just private people so you never know. I’m sure Princess Stephanie received a tiara as custom for most royal brides.

Princess Clémentine had two Children Louis and Clothilde , the jewels are still in both families.

If it is still around it must likely be with the de Witt family. If a tiara of this importance would be in the Bonaparte family it surely must have been worn by the new princess at her wedding. Though the same can be said of the necklace of course. Sadly there are very few photos online of Pss Clothilde and her offspring. Her eldest daughter Eugenie did not wear the tiara at her wedding:

Here's another photo of it but sadly like the majority of historic Belgian jewels its whereabouts appear to be unknown!
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2018/02/the-daily-diadem-princess-stephanies.html
My guess is that it was either sold by herself or by her daughter the red Archduchess
Stephanie disinherited her daughter so unless she had sold the tiara earlier it was most likely stolen by members of the SS who made her estate outside of Bratislava their headquarters for a few weeks in 1945 and apparently ransacked the place or by the invading Soviet army.

I wonder how many of them ended up with Leopold II's mistress that he tried to marry right before his death.

For the Wedding of Princess Marie Josée with Prince Humberto. The Royal Ladies split the emeralds Princess Lilian wore and lost .
Queen Elisabeth wore the top on her Cartier tiara and Princess Astrid wore the square emerald as Brooch.

I think the tradition that is reserved for the Queen started when it was handed over from Queen Fabiola to Queen Paola in 1993.

Poor Queen Paola only had one tiara when she became queen in 1993 and I'm glad that Queen Fabiola passed it onto her sister in law.

Yes the pearl was on her hat for Prince Albert de Liège Wedding.

Back
Top Bottom