Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (formerly Princess of Denmark) Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 14,404
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 16,841
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 8,286
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 6,991
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2,042
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4,550
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 4,983
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4,272
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 4,214
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 3,998
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 4,358
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,305
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 5,028
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 4,307
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 4,283
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4,568
Hi Josefine! Wonderful photos as always. I love what looks to be either a midnight blue or black velvet gown that Alexandra is wearing.

Happy birthday Alexandra
she turns 39 years today

omg shes 39 she looks really young. Not older enough to be that age not even near it

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,273
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 4,134
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4,114
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 3,852
Oh, how clear pictures! You can see well how the necklace with the large South sea pearl is interchangeable. The amethyst pendant works very well with the necklace.

All the colourfull gems as well as the pearls suit Princess Alexandra so well. Great thing that we still have Princes and Princesses on these modern days. :lol:

Wouldn't it be just lovely if Alexandra was able to own another beautiful tiara and that Queen Margarethe could give her a family parure includes an elaborate necklace like what Queens Ingrid, Margrethe and Anne-Marie had been wearing.

from IBL

Attachments

• DANA_00014202.jpg
    DANA_00014202.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3,496
Engagement day,
Portrait to mark engagement/wedding

Attachments

• engage_1.jpg
    engage_1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 871
  • engage_2.jpg
    engage_2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3,889
  • pearl_choker_formal.jpg
    pearl_choker_formal.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 769
Brooches
Imagine Scandinavia
Ring
Pearls

Attachments

• broach.jpg
    broach.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3,612
  • broach_2.jpg
    broach_2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 679
  • silver_necklace.jpg
    silver_necklace.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 3,584
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 4,870
  • pearls_n_watch.jpg
    pearls_n_watch.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3,535
  • pearls_take_2.jpg
    pearls_take_2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 794
  • pearls.jpg
    pearls.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,442
Formal portraits

Attachments

• formal_pearls.jpg
    formal_pearls.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 4,021
Celebrating 25 years of Queen Margrethe II on the throne

Attachments

• orange_grandeur.jpg
    orange_grandeur.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 684
5867.jpg

Great picture Hannelore. That is some (gorgeous!) necklace Alexandra has on for the Luxembourg state visit. I am not usually a fan of big pieces of jewellery, but the aquamarine stone with the pearls wrapped twice around is so classy looking.

That Alexandra, she never fails to surprise me with her elegance and style!

Can someone do a photo manipulation of Alexandra wearing a different tiara? I mean, hers is lovely, but, I'm curious to see how others would look on her. Thank you!

sorry to have to post this picture as a attach but its to good to be vasted it will soon be gone

Attachments

• 109080.jpg
    109080.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 898
What a pity that she did hide the big "new" necklace under the cape. One can see a hint of it in the second last picture Poppy sent. I haven't seen a single good photo of that piece anywhere.

It's true. I also really want to see a big clear picture of the demi-parure. They're the only "grand, elaborate and classical" piece of necklace and ear-drops that Alexandra have.

This picture from the wesite, The Danish Royal Jewels, is the clearest at the moment : The Demi Parure

I wish she'd get a new tiara! I mean, the one she has now is beautifil, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice for her to wear something different. :huh:

Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody@Aug 5th, 2004 - 12:45 pm
I wish she'd get a new tiara! I mean, the one she has now is beautifil, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice for her to wear something different. :huh:
Me too! :blink:

Originally posted by Poppy@Jul 7th, 2004 - 9:17 pm
It's true. I also really want to see a big clear picture of the demi-parure. They're the only "grand, elaborate and classical" piece of necklace and ear-drops that Alexandra have.

This picture from the wesite, The Danish Royal Jewels, is the clearest at the moment : The Demi Parure
I personally find this demi-parure very heavy and unbecoming to such a tiny woman. It probably would look OK on Queen Margarethe who is over six feet tall but it overwelmes Alexandra.

wymanda said:
I personally find this demi-parure very heavy and unbecoming to such a tiny woman. It probably would look OK on Queen Margarethe who is over six feet tall but it overwelmes Alexandra.
I like the parure on Alexandra. It's nice to see her in something different. I have become to accustomed to seeing her in an array of pearls throughout the years that the parure is actually very refreshing to me.

I guess that it could be difficult for any petite woman to carry off large jewels or parures, but it's been done before. I personally wasn't that impressed with the way it looked with the gown that Alex wore for the Crown Princely wedding. I believe that a parure of that nature should be worn with something that has less embroidering and that simply isn't busy. I think that with a plain gown that is also a bit off the shoulder Alex will really do it justice. I just don't believe that the parure itself overpowered her. It just wasn't "displayed" for lack of a better word as well as it could have been, IMO.

Gigi said:
I like the parure on Alexandra. It's nice to see her in something different. I have become to accustomed to seeing her in an array of pearls throughout the years that the parure is actually very refreshing to me.

I guess that it could be difficult for any petite woman to carry off large jewels or parures, but it's been done before. I personally wasn't that impressed with the way it looked with the gown that Alex wore for the Crown Princely wedding. I believe that a parure of that nature should be worn with something that has less embroidering and that simply isn't busy. I think that with a plain gown that is also a bit off the shoulder Alex will really do it justice. I just don't believe that the parure itself overpowered her. It just wasn't "displayed" for lack of a better word as well as it could have been, IMO.

I think the problem is more than one gown. All of Alexandra's evening gowns are "busy" lots of embroidery, vibrant colours, trains, etc. Perhaps she needs to pare down her image a little and go for more simple, classic lines.

Back
Top Bottom