Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (formerly Princess of Denmark) Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't found any absolute proof that the jewelry she wore today were presents from Joachim. There is an assumption that since the necklace and earrings appeared during her first year of marriage to Joachim that they indeed came from her then-husband. It could very well have been presents from her parents.

If anyone has some proof about this particular set she wore today, please share them.

The only jewelry that Alexandra has ever acknowledged that came from her husband Joachim is the sapphire flower ring she received after the birth of Felix. She was showing the ring off to the press.

Best wishes,

Ayvee

Well, good people, since Alexandra has remarried she is not longer a princess is she? So exactly what is her status, and what is her status here-Rule of Gotha or whatever anyone????

Thomas Parkman said:
Well, good people, since Alexandra has remarried she is not longer a princess is she? So exactly what is her status, and what is her status here-Rule of Gotha or whatever anyone????

She's a Countess. And she can wear anything that's in her own personal jewelry collection, including the tiara.

A "private" citizen now.

Accorded the style of Her Excellency.

Her Excellency and Dame of the Elephant

Thomas Parkman said:

Her Excellency Alexandra Christine Countess of Frederiksborg, mrs. Jorgensen née Manley is now elevated into the Danish Nobility with a comital rank.

Besides that Alexandra also is a Dame in the Elefantordenen, the most prestigious Danish Order (founded 1462) of which only members of the Danish royal family, Heads of State and similar distinguished individuals are a member.

These two are leading in determining her rank and precedence.

The jewels (including the diademe) are her own personal possession, so stated Hofmarskal (Court Marshall) Ove Ullerup.

Alexandra (formerly Princess of Denmark), Countess of Frederiksborg, Jewellery

Now that Princess Alexandra has married and is no longer a member of the Danish royal family, this thread is to discuss her jewellery. Old photos of her jewellery when she was Princess Alexandra may also be posted here.

The previous thread can be found here.

I thought of why she wore the jewellery--they were her 'something old!' "Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue"
Old jewellery, new dress, blue flowers (the only thing I can't guess is borrowed. But it all fits!

LadyK said:
"Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue"

That is a very Anglo-american tradition.
The influence of that dominant culture has also affected the old Continent, but in from what I see in my surroundings and that of close friends in Belgium, France and Germany, this 'rule' is barely followed on the Continent.

:flowers:

well, I like my explanation, even if it isn't right. ;)

I seem to remember a site about Danish Jewels by Glenn???? that had pictures and explainations that it was a gift from Jocheim.

denice said:
I seem to remember a site about Danish Jewels by Glenn???? that had pictures and explainations that it was a gift from Jocheim.
Glenn's revamped site is now back up: http://www.slaikjaer.org/

This is the definitive site on the Danish Royal Jewels (add it to your Favourites :)).
Note that the revamped site has a different http address to the 'old' site, and it is still a "work in progress".

Last edited:
So the necklace she wore for her second wedding...have we seen it before? It looks familiar, like it was part of her Princess life.

This is from Bjarne Steen Jensen, author of 'Juvelerne I Det Danske Kongehus' (Jewels of the Danish Royal House):
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Countess Alexandras Bridal Jewels
"There has never been published any information on this jewellery and given the fact that she now wore it at her second wedding, they are most bought by herself."

Glenn's site and Lotte's site (The Unofficial Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark Countess of Frederiksborg Website) do not provide any proof that Alexandra's wedding jewelry came from Prince Joachim. It is just assumed that they came from her then-husband because it appeared the first year of that marriage. But it could also have been purchased by her parents as well. South sea pearl jewelry is a big industry in Hong Kong.

-Ayvee

Did she get to keep the tiara after her divorce?

Did she get to keep the tiara after her divorce?

Yes, it was gift from Queen Margrethe and it will pass to Alexandra and Joachim's children.

I love Alexandra's tiara and I know I'm in the minority, but I think the Queen was very gracious and kind to allow Alexandra to retain her tiara. I think there was a genuine affection between the Queen and her daughter-in-law or she wouldn't have done such a gesture. I hope Alexandra doesn't give the tiara back. The Danish Royals have more than enough tiaras and jewels.:flowers:

and the big suprice for tonight is Alexandra she wore her tiara for the first time since 2006 i think

and the big suprice for tonight is Alexandra she wore her tiara for the first time since 2006 i think

The last time she wore it before was at the New Years Court and Dinner on 01.01.2007 when seh still was HH Princess Alexandra.

Good to see this tiara out again!

I know I might speak against the majority of my fellow posters - but I am not particularly fond of this tiara. I know it has a lot of history et. al - but there are others which I feel have more Wow effect....

I was supprised Alexandra was there, but very nice she was. I wood like to see her hair !! It is very short !!

Adore this tiara - makes you miss Alexandra attending these sorts of events even more. She maintains the elegance and class of a princess

Back
Top Bottom