Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (formerly Princess of Denmark) Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlightrhapsody said:
I believe that tiara was a personal property of the Queen and not from the royal jewels collection, therefore she was free to give it to Alexandra. I highly doubt that that tiara would be taken from Alexandra seeing that it was a wedding present.

The storry about Princesse Alexandras tiara is following:

This tiara goes by the name Queen Alexandrine's diamond drop tiara.
It was Queen Alexandrine who brought this with her to Denmark, and in the arches of the tiara are hanging diamond drops.
It was made around the turn of the last century. Princess Alexandra got the right to use it from Queen Margrethe, who received this tiara as a 18th birthday present.

I got this info from : www.geocities.com/slaikjaer/alexandra1.html:)

Alexandra is the most beautiful Princess ever.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I believe that tiara was a personal property of the Queen and not from the royal jewels collection, therefore she was free to give it to Alexandra. I highly doubt that that tiara would be taken from Alexandra seeing that it was a wedding present.
I'm only guessing, but I think the tiara would eventually be passed on to Nikolai or Felix's wife. I think Alex will have use of it, perhaps even after she remarries (because she's the mother of the Danish princes) but I don't think she "owns" it completely. I don't think Mary "owns" the ruby parure either.

Jasl said:
I'm only guessing, but I think the tiara would eventually be passed on to Nikolai or Felix's wife. I think Alex will have use of it, perhaps even after she remarries (because she's the mother of the Danish princes) but I don't think she "owns" it completely. I don't think Mary "owns" the ruby parure either.

I'm going to disagree with the ruby parure. It was given to Frederick as inheritance from Queen Ingrid. Queen Margarethe I don't think ever owned the collection, but rather, was her mother's. Since the parure was given to Frederick, he's free to give it to his wife.

Again, I still think Alexandra personally owns the tiara that she was given. It would be in bad form of the Queen to take back something that she had given as a wedding present.

Alexandra is still Her Highness and has a right to a tiara for official events. Queen Margarethe has probably stipulated that if Alexandra remarries or dies without remarriage, the tiara reverts back to the Danish Jewels.

Sarah, Duchess of York still has her tiara!! That tiara will probably go to Beatrice as she is her elder daughter.

Sarah still has her tiara because HM the Queen had it commisioned from Garrard's. It was new and did not have a royal provenance. Besides, HM has a plethora of jewels to choose from. Jewel and tiara poor she is not!

I would say(JMO) that Alexandra will have the use of the tiara for life. Her son may inherit the tiara or it could revert back to the crown since it does have a lengthy royal provenance.
As for Mary and the rubies. They may be Fred's property, but should there be a divorce, I would bet anyone that those jewels will not go to Australia!

paloma said:
They may be Fred's property, but should there be a divorce, I would bet anyone that those jewels will not go to Australia!

I doubt that Mary would return permanently to Australia anyway. Her children will have to remain in Denmark and I doubt she would relinquish custody to Fred! Anyway, I can't see it happening, I think that Fred & Mary are one of the true love matches as well as Felipe & Letizia.

I would like to think that both couples are true love matches, but only time will tell. Alot of couples, common and royal start out with the best of intentions and end up divorced. I think that many people thought that Alex and Joachim were madly in love.

bigheadshirmp said:
from lotte's site.....it's Princess Alexandra's 40th birthday gift...maybe someone can translate this ....LONG long article...hohoo~:D

[font=Verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Amtet smykker Prinsesse Alexandra på 40-års fødselsdagen[/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Udsendt: 30/06/2004
Kontaktperson: Niels Johannesen
[/font]
Et guldsmykke, med Guldhornene som motiv, er fødselsdagsgaven fra Amtsrådet i Sønderjylland til Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Alexandra.
http://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9e4e58f66f282608c1256ec3003dd56d/indhold/0.260!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg
ecblank.gif

http://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9e4e58f66f282608c1256ec3003dd56d/indhold/0.68EE!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg[font=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] <A href="http://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9E4E58F66F282608C1256EC3003DD56D#top">
pil_blue_op.gif
[/font] Fakta om guldsmedeparret Ihle-Eliasen
http://www.sja.dk/sja/sjamt.nsf/0/9e4e58f66f282608c1256ec3003dd56d/underpunkt_2/0.8A!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg .
I would like to know what that jewellery is exactly. I just guess it is a two traditional little trumpets (horns?) gold brooch or little pin.

wearing the tiara for the firest time after the divorce
and a new necklace it seems

norwayvisitdenmark26ukp8uw.jpg

uk press

Moonlightrhapsody said:
She still could have gotten it from Joachim while they were on friendly terms but had no appropriate place to wear it to until the royal wedding. It was a grand parure.

That sounds like a reasonable explanation. I think that it was most likely given to her by Joachim. Alex could have owned it for several months before she and Joachim even thought about separating for divorcing.

Does anybody have a close up of the tiara? I saw a picture once and I think the drop diamonds were very small, is that true?

Alexandra with new perals jewelries pairs?????
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=213086&d=1131989131 Just courious about the pendant...is it the same pendant she wore with a big diamond necklace given by Joachim http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2902&d=1046113204
It is only my eyes or it has slightly darker than the one in second picture

HRHAmy said:
Does anybody have a close up of the tiara?
I posted it one, check on post no 75 of this thread.

Hi,this is my first post.
I like Princess Alexandra very much.

祝好!

Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark was born in Hong Kong.

Her father is Chinese & her mother Austrian.

"MII"

Last edited:
Margrethe II said:
Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark was born in Hong Kong.

Her father is Chinese & her mother Austrian.

"MII"

I read that her father is half chinese, so it makes Alexandra 1/4 oriental, but she has, more than her sisters the oriental features, she is beautiful IMO

she wore her tiara again at the new year leave gala
there was a great photo of it i will try to find it

what would you call the tiara and what kind of stones are it in the tiara

wish she can wear another tiara..so far she has only been wearing one tiara

She has very nice jewelry. But I agree with you anna tan. Can she wear another tiara?

I don't think she has another one!She probably will not get another one now that she is divorced.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/underholdning/kongelige/article209962.ece
According to Princess Alexandras Private Secretary Christine Lyng, Princess Alexandra owns the very old and unique Diamond Drop tiara, and it is she who owns it, not Joachim like it has been speculated. The hisitoric tiara was a gift to Queen Margrethes Grandmother, Alexandrine, on her 18th birthday and was a gift from Grandduchess Anastasia of Russia. ekstrabladet also writes that she own personally all the other jewels she wears.

Last edited:
That's really surprising. I've always had the impression that the tiara was a family heirloom that would stay in the family and that the only tiara that Alexandra rightfully possessed was the new one bought shortly before the divorce.

Alisa said:
That's really surprising. I've always had the impression that the tiara was a family heirloom that would stay in the family and that the only tiara that Alexandra rightfully possessed was the new one bought shortly before the divorce.

Which new tiara?

Tiara over Red

Princess Alexandra of swordDenmark:In that Saint Michael at the head of Tiara on highplace of Her Royal Highness dressed in red.

royalspiritTerrance

Alisa said:
But, may be, the tiara is considered as private jewelry of the family then the queen still allowed to give it away to somebody who is member of the family, just like she gave Mary her pearls bangle/bracelet as a gift for her enggagement (If I'am not mistaken, the diamonds drops tiara and the gold and pearls bangle were a gift to CPss Margareth on her 18 birthday from her grandmother). What ever the tiara probably will go to her first son, Nicholas then it will stay inside the royal family.

I wish they would start making more stringent provisions regarding tiaras etc. in the Danish royal family. IMO it would be better to let the various royal ladies share from a collected pool - like it seems they do in Holland - but keep it 'close' to the regent.
Also think it was such a pity that the late Queen Ingrid bequeathed the Khedive tiara (the 'wedding' tiara) away from the DRF. With the exception of the small tiara bought for Mary for her wedding (she should have worn the Khedive!) there does not seem to be many tiara acquisitions (not counting the poppy thing!;) ). They should hold on to what they have IMO.

Back
Top Bottom