Prince George (1869-1957) and Princess Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw their grand-daughter Princess Tatania Radziwill (?) , next to Queen Sophie at Nicholas 's pre-wedding ball. She is one of her very close friends since always!
She marries a french Doctor , I forgot his name.
I suppose she was at the wedding too but there were no pictures of her

:previous:
Princess Tatiana Radziwill is maried to Jean Henri Fruchaud.

I saw their grand-daughter Princess Tatania Radziwill (?) , next to Queen Sophie at Nicholas 's pre-wedding ball. She is one of her very close friends since always!
Yes, she was with her husband at the wedding. I saw them on TV.

And two more, in a Greek(ish) costume and with her son Peter:

200px-princessmariebonaparte.jpg
untitled-2.jpg
This is actually the court dress which was introduced from Queen Olga at the court . I have seen a few Greek court dresses drom that time in museums and it seems quite lovely and "light" -although I personally prefer the "Amalia" costume (mainly because I really can't get used to seeing a dress inspired by the local dress from Megara with a large train , it seems quite unmatching to me). Interestingly, while I ve seen pictures of Marie Elena and Alice wearing this dress I haven't been able to find yet not een one of Sophie wearing it, which seems weird to me , considering she was the Diadoch's wife

Last edited:
:previous: I find it somehow hard to believe. Not that it is impossible of course, but I think that old people suffer rarely from agressive cancer . I always assumed it was old age ( she was 80 after all).

She died without doubt of an acute leukemia in 1962, the last chapter of the book "La dernière Bonaparte" by Celia Bertin speaks about this suject and her death. The illness came very fast and she got a treatment cortisone, but the success was limited. Even some days before her death, when her fever was about 40 °C she was very clear in her head and said to her daughter "May I still live next year?", She was reading books of medicine and others works making notes for herself. She died quiety on the last summerday (21. September),1962 and wished a very simple grave.

Yes, the two women, apart from 2nd cousins, are also close friends. Tatiana was Queen Sofia's bridesmaid as well.

I have been looking for a separate thread about the Radziwills but to no avail. If I remember correctly, they belong to Polish nobility. Could someone please direct me to the right thread, if one exists? Thanks! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom