Queen Anne-Marie News & Current Events Part 1: January 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Greece.gif

Welcome to part 1 of the thread to discuss news and current events of Queen Anne-Marie.

You can find the old thread here:

** King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie Current Events 5: February 2016 - January 2023 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy posting! :flowers:

She was a devoted Wife and did not attend Christmas in Denmark with her Sisters to spend the last Christmas with her husband .
Already since 2018 for Prince Henrik Funerals was saw he could not walk normally.
To me as Queen , she will be the Head of the Family.

Her eldest son is Head now,as is custom.

Of course but Anne Marie will be the very last Queen of Greece. I wonder she will stay in Greece ?

I'm intrigued to see what she does next, long term. I mean she lived and raised her children in London for 40 years & lived in Denmark growing up so I could certainly understand if she returned to the UK or Denmark rather than staying in Greece. I think a lot will depend on what circle of friends she has in Greece. They did sell their Porto Cheli house in favour of an apartment in Athens to allow Constantine to be closer for health care, she may feel a little lost in Greece, I certainly think she will be visiting Denmark more to be with her sisters in the future even if only for holidays.

:previous:

I agree, I think we’ll see her more often in Denmark.

I'm intrigued to see what she does next, long term. I mean she lived and raised her children in London for 40 years & lived in Denmark growing up so I could certainly understand if she returned to the UK or Denmark rather than staying in Greece. I think a lot will depend on what circle of friends she has in Greece. They did sell their Porto Cheli house in favour of an apartment in Athens to allow Constantine to be closer for health care, she may feel a little lost in Greece, I certainly think she will be visiting Denmark more to be with her sisters in the future even if only for holidays.

Her second son, Nikolaos, and his wife live in Athens. In the other hand, the appartment in Athens dosesn't belong to Cosntantine and Anna Maria. A friend of them had given it to them, in order to live there because of Constantine's health problems.
Anna Maria's second sister, benedikte, lives in Germany, I think, not in Denmark.

I believe Princess Benedikte divides her time between Germany and Denmark. She has her apartments in Amalienborg.

It is not easy for her. This lady has never spent one day alone. She left her father's home at 18 to get married. She though finding a second homeland and she lost again, for Italy and then UK. And then back to her second (supposedly) country again. Difficult to find her roots if any, since almost all her life she had no roots anymore.
She is out of Denmark almost 60 years. Could she feel home again ? Hard to say. But if she establishes back to Denmark she will find a simple well organized life, some charities to take care and no other issues.
If she stays in Greece, she will have Nicolaos and Tatiana. But she spent many years in Greece being the wife of someone and also taking care of a sick person. Could she live alone? Will she have the energy to start a new life only for herself?
London? Why not. But I think no-one is there anymore.
I don't see her taking a decision for the first year.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

I think Benedikte spends a lot of time in Denmark, of course she must go to Germany often because she has family there.
But Benedikte has an apartment in Amalienborg Palace.
I don't know if Queen Anne-Marie also has an apartment in Amalienborg, but I believe that from now on she will be able to spend some time in Denmark, she has her sisters there.
But it is also true, in Greece she has one of her sons and daughter-in-law there, she will be able to rent an apartment near Nikolaos' house and dedicate herself to some causes.
I doubt very much that she thinks about going to London, at this stage of her life it doesn't make sense, she doesn't have anyone there.
But she still must not have reflected well on what she will want to do.

Last edited:
Anna Maria's second sister, benedikte, lives in Germany, I think, not in Denmark.

I believe Princess Benedikte divides her time between Germany and Denmark. She has her apartments in Amalienborg.

I think Benedikte spends a lot of time in Denmark, of course she must go to Germany often because she has family there.
But Benedikte has an apartment in Amalienborg Palace.
I don't know if Queen Anne-Marie also has an apartment in Amalienborg, but I believe that from now on she will be able to spend some time in Denmark, she has her sisters there.

Princess Benedikte spends three weeks at a time in Denmark to perform her duties. In between that she goes to her home in Germany. Her flat at Amalienborg consists of a kitchen, a bedroom, a dining room, a drawing room and an office spread over two floors. From what I've heard Queen Anne-Marie also has a flat at the palace, but a smaller one.

I remember reading an interview with Queen Anne-Marie sometime fairly recently where she said she had received her own apartment at the Amalienborg after many years of staying with Benedikte when she visited Denmark. She made a comment about how nice it was to have her "own space" where she could relax.

Maybe she'll end up splitting her time between Greece, Denmark, and New York, where she would be close to both Pavlos and Philippos. That would put her much closer to Theodora, too.

Has anyone reported why she was using a cane the other day? I was just re-watching some video about the funeral, and I noticed she had some trouble with her balance when she kissed the icon in front of the coffin and when she curtsied to the coffin from the side.

Has anyone reported why she was using a cane the other day? I was just re-watching some video about the funeral, and I noticed she had some trouble with her balance when she kissed the icon in front of the coffin and when she curtsied to the coffin from the side.

If you watch the video of when she enters the church with CP Pavlos it is clear that she had an ankle issue on right foot. She seemed not controlling it well.
Also she failed to fall twice when kissing the icon and paying respect to the coffin. Pavlos managed to catch her but she was near to fall down.
It is touching to see how he accelerated twice his step to be closer in order to be ready to help her.

Maybe she had an accident before or a bone infection. She is at her 77, walking issues arrive at this age.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I remember reading an interview with Queen Anne-Marie sometime fairly recently where she said she had received her own apartment at the Amalienborg after many years of staying with Benedikte when she visited Denmark. She made a comment about how nice it was to have her "own space" where she could relax.

Maybe she'll end up splitting her time between Greece, Denmark, and New York, where she would be close to both Pavlos and Philippos. That would put her much closer to Theodora, too.

Let's don't forget her eldest child, Alexia, who lives in Canaria islands (Spain). They are very close even though they live separately for many years.

Her oldest sister has had bone issues for years and balance issues for probably her whole life. Their mom had pretty severe osteoporosis. Anne-Marie could have a touch of something similar.

(Or it could be something unrelated.)

I think that you think that Queen Anna Maria has no friends in Greece, or a social life, and that is not true, she has friends in Greece, the Nomikos family, the Andrade family, even Mariana Vardinnoyanis....They were everyone at King Constantine's funeral... She has friends in Greece, and now I'm sure those friends will be closer to her. It is true that she is not easy to live alone, but she is not the only widow who lives alone. I think that she will change her address to another, closer to her son, but she will live in Greece, that was Constantine's dream and hers too.

Her oldest sister has had bone issues for years and balance issues for probably her whole life. Their mom had pretty severe osteoporosis. Anne-Marie could have a touch of something similar.

(Or it could be something unrelated.)

There's really no point speculating. I asked if the media had reported a reason.

I have seen this news today on a Greek television program, it says that Last November, Queen Anna Maria underwent knee surgery, in a private hospital in Athens. After the death of her beloved husband, King Constantine , and funeral, we were able to see her with a walking stick, this would explain the reason for that walking stick. I imagine that her knee must have suffered after all the sad events she has attended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Its nice to see the queen out and about doing normal things like meeting friends in the park.
Queen Anne Marie looks right at home in Athens!

I love seeing these photos of Queen Anna Maria, walking through the park, talking with some friends... I love seeing the simple life of Queen Anna Maria in Athens.

I hope it was somewhere nice and cool,the queen looks lovely too!

Does anyone know if the queen is suffering from Bell’s Palsy? She seemed to show some signs of it during the celebrations of king Carl.

I noticed her eyes at the gala diner . Is the ilness confirmed ?

Queen Anne-Marie's face has been drooping on one side all her life, but it does seems more visible now. A Danish friend believes that she had some surgery after getting some face injuries in a car accident in her childhood when her mother crashed her car into a tree.

Queen Anne-Marie's face has been drooping on one side all her life, but it does seems more visible now. A Danish friend believes that she had some surgery after getting some face injuries in a car accident in her childhood when her mother crashed her car into a tree.

I thought there was something odd about her face, but I didn’t want to say something that I couldn’t substantiate.

Definitely more drooping on one side.

Last edited:
I noticed her eye and smile seemed a little off balance in some photos, but looked fine in others. I wonder if it's one of those things were her childhood injury is more pronounced when she's tired or something.

But whatever. It's just nice to see her at happy events.

I don't know if "droop" is the right word for the entire timespan; her face has always seemed slightly asymmetrical, which may be due to her injuries or to surgery after that, but let's not forget she was famed for her beauty.

Something lately is causing the droop and exaggerating the asymmetry. And it is recent; no one was remarking on it at the funeral or the Coronation. (And we're probably not going to know what it is.)

Back
Top Bottom