Greek Royal Family - Photos from the past

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd imagine by their dress that was taken at an Official Event or a Family wedding?
Some days before their marriage King Konstantine went in Denmark to "claim" his bride. Many official events balls etc were given in Kopenhagen like a farewell to their royal princess. Maybe it was in one of these occasions, as he looks like already being King.
She does not wear any tiara, curious
Then he went back in Athens and the bride to be, boarded (where?) with all her family to the royal yacht Dannenborg (sorry for my spelling) and they arrived in the port of Piraeus.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
A look back at the Greek State Visit to Ethiopia in March 1959.
King Paul and Queen Frederica of Greece were hosted by Emperor Haile Selassie and Empress Menen Asfaw
Greek State Visit to Ethiopia, 1959

Jumping backwards a bit, but I wonder why Queen Anne-Marie isn't wearing a sash here. She appears to be wearing the collar of the Order of the Elephant, but not the sash.
Yes for that occasion they wore the collar of the Order of the Elephant. King Constantin is wearing the greek Orderof the Reedemer in addition

Yes for that occasion they wore the collar of the Order of the Elephant. King Constantin is wearing the greek Orderof the Reedemer in addition
Are the collar and sash not worn simultaneously?

Could someone provide pictures of the State Visite of General de Gaulle , President of France, in Greece ?

Last edited:
Photos:
Videos:
Great thanks for the pictures of the first State Visit from General de Gaulle it was on May 1963. I wonder if the King of Greece was already ill. He passed away on March 6th 1963.

No the Collar of the Order of the Elephnat is always worn without the sash. Like the Danish royals always do for the New Years Court on 01.01.

King Paul of Greece passed away on March 6th 1964 !

Could someone provide pictures of the State Visite of General de Gaulle , President of France, in Greece ?
The 1963 State Visit would have been one of the last for King Paul of Greece!

Back
Top Bottom